So what do you guys do in between ANBs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what do you guys do in between ANBs?

I've got 2 warriors now that I brought one back from the ANB Silver. They've got 1950+CL each. I can farm gold, I can 5-star the story, I can farm TL105 for mats and maybe push a bit trying for 120-130. What's the plan? I figure the possibility of 2CT'd gear and 2CT replacements in the next ANB suggests I'd be better off putting off crafting now.

The game allows you to do lots of things, depending on things, like, how much time you want to spend, or how competitive you are, or how interested you in exploring the other classes (mage and bounty hunter), or how you develop different gears and weapon sets for your heros and testing them.

Between ANBs, some use one of their main champions as a farmer to 5-star Story for gems and materials, then delete the character with intentions of replacing it with a new one during the next ANB (the rinse and repeat cycle). And then, many don't bother with this 5-starring at all and simply run their favorite Trial Levels (with a favorite Boss or one they need to practice on), keeping their champions for either competitive development or for farming. Both methods get you gems, gears, weapons, gemstones, and essences. The main activities are salvaging gear that cannot be used for their essences, saving the gems and gemstones. Most, however, do not craft gear or weapons during non-ANB times since it is VERY expensive comparatively speaking. Practicing crafting jewelry (if you have the gold) can be another past time, especially if you need certain rings or necklaces for either farming or for your competing toon.

Furthermore, as you have time to sit and think between ANBs, ONE example of a progression (after you learn all the crafting recipes and max out your crafting level) is to focus on developing a single class champion to COMPETE, focusing on getting the BEST during ANBs (with the "best" stats), all fully celestialize, fully enchanted, all optimally socketed with the "right" gemstones, and with "perfect" socketed and gemmed jewelry rings and necklaces. And, of course, this assumes your champion's attacks, abilities, and passives are all maxed to Level 10 everywhere for maximum synergy. Each action to further develop your champion requires you to learn about the ways and means to get the "best" results, again some commitment is needed.

Once you have developed your "perfect" champion (which can take MANY months if not years), consider competing for honor and glory (and medals) in the Master League during each Season Event. So, fully developing a champion takes a lot of work on your part -- there's much to learn a lot about the game mechanics, gear sets and their capabilities, and how this whole lot interacts with each other as well as that Class's special attacks and passive abilities.

And then there are those that can't be bothered with ANY of the above (R/L, family, work, other influences) and just play the game as a daily distraction, maybe just collecting Daily Quests for the gems -- as an example of the "other" end of the spectrum of player types.

Then there are those that eat up the game numbers like candy (thank GOD), who are experts in math, statistics, and/or analytics and have develped VERY useful tools, tabulations, and advice (many found here in the Forums, and many more on the Discord channel). We, as users, are fortunate to have these folks around so the tools are free for us to use, making the game FAR more interesting and more enjoyable -- tools like Pythia, used to help us guess at the best crafting levels for gear and weapons, or the several guides on crafting perfect jewelry, as a few key examples. Even if you don't understand the technical aspects that make up these tools, it'll be in your best interest to learn how to use them if you stick with the game.

And as you play a while (and continue playing) you'll find that sweet spot routine "best" for you. So, it is really up to the user on how they want to play. For the savvy player, it will require decent levels of commitment. For the average player, some time during the week is needed to stay in touch with game development and changes. For the rest, there's probably something else you'll want to spend your time on.
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

• Bali_Lenni
      Bali_Lenni commented
      Editing a comment
      Excellent summary !
      Deserves a sticky or a P.S. spot in one of the guides (imho).... :-)

~giverep WarriorSeven

• Alessandro Ferrari
      Alessandro Ferrari commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't get this. In easy words you do use an hero let's say 1k plus, then you delete it during the event to replace it with a new tool? Isn't the event ANB meant to create a toon from zero and to proceed with it?

I twiddle my thumbs, do a little basket weaving, colour outside the lines in colouring books, play hopscotch, and help my friend Brain to try and take over the world... narrff

Comment

• WarriorSeven
      WarriorSeven commented
      Editing a comment
      That coloring outside the lines thing is very disturbing.

I have learned one thing: this game is not a sprint; it's a marathon. Hell, it's a cross country walk.

Comment

I do the story level gem farming thing that WarriorSeven mentioned. I always keep a "disposable" hero in my stable just for that purpose.

Comment

Personally I find doing dailys grinding ESS and experimenting with various builds gives me plenty to keep me busy

Comment

Working...
        X