Crafting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crafting question

After trying to use Pythia to craft using the toons I have I keep getting warnings to either go up a level or another one that says "not accurate after 144 crafts" so I am wondering if I should make a dedicated crafting slot i.e. make a toon, run it up to Level 70, get a 77 and then delete it and start again with a new one and just keep doing it that way. Is this a viable plan?

There are several things to address; in any way of answering this.
    First; and I would like to have the posts to show the quotes; be very careful with this. It is potentially an exploit that is frowned upon and could get you banned.
    Next; although it seems like a good idea; some that came before you have ruined it for those that come after by using it as a form of cheating.
    Lastly; only (Duel Classing) is allowed anymore; which is to start as one class and then create another in an event.
    This used to be a form of exploitation. As you may only create two level 77 items in any case. Some have ruined this.
    Best of luck.
    Look up Duel Classing and hopefully a more articulate and experienced player will chime in on this.
    Also as far as I know; Pythia is not working correctly. For more than one reason.

Happy Hunting !

Comment

• Suiyoubinoko
      Suiyoubinoko commented
      Editing a comment
      Basically I am just looking for the most efficient way to craft legitimately. I actually have only played Mage but have read about "dual classing" for ANBs but so far not tried it. I have gone about as far as I can with my F/L build and see the top leaders are all Critical builds so need to craft new gear. Just trying to figure out the best way to do it without cheating.

• UmbraDei
      UmbraDei commented
      Editing a comment
      Why do you say Pythia is not working correctly? I've not seen any other reports of that, except the occasional player messing up their input ordering and then needing the "Check Crafts" feature to fix it?

The thing that stopped working is Antikythera (the BoM roll prediction) after update 1.6.6, so I decided to take that feature offline.

• Wisp
      Wisp commented
      Editing a comment
      UmbraDei
      I am not sure which comments it was in.
      It was also as you said; referring to the BoM predictor; after the update and incorrect input of crafts.
      I didn't realize that the first 15-20 crafts may be not as accurate.
      I've been using it through the Netifly app. and only craft about 15-30 Legendary level 70+ per event.
      It gives me an idea of what my next craft level might be.
      If I misspoke, I hope this clarified it.

Originally posted by Suiyoubinoko View Post
    After trying to use Pythia to craft using the toons I have I keep getting warnings to either go up a level or another one that says "not accurate after 144 crafts" so I am wondering if I should make a dedicated crafting slot i.e. make a toon, run it up to Level 70, get a 77 and then delete it and start again with a new one and just keep doing it that way. Is this a viable plan?
    Don't worry, using crafting toons out of ANB is not cheating by any means.

Regarding Pythia - craft only on mobile or on PC, and record your crafts. If Pythia shows you a warning, you have most likely mixed crafting or entered something wrong.

I'd suggest to make a new hero and start crafting with a clean sheet. Note that Pythia is not as accurate for the first (15-20) crafts, so be prepared for surprises. Afterwards it works really well. Definitely don't craft useless gear until you get the first 77. If you expect a low-level craft, just go for a bracer/trinket using some of the more abundant essences. E.g. a bracer with frost, life on hit, dodge, crit damage is totally usable, even without a reforge.

Ideally craft 2 77s in the longer ANBs, and maybe fill the gaps with some 75+ items crafted out of ANB.
    Mage: Anba
    Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

• Heikki Gross
      Heikki Gross commented
      Editing a comment
      Travis | Support Mgr. If this is true, then you would have to ban most of the top players. Everyone is doing this and has been doing it for a long time. Back when I got a ban for doing that in ANB, I just did not want to argue with you about it. But I can make you an example here.

Lets say I dont visit forums and I dont go to Discord. So I lack all the "internal" information, that creating multiple toons in anb and crafting 77's with them is an exploit. Now I make an ANB char, lvl it to 70, craft some, get some 77's and then i delete it, because I didnt like the gender, then create a new char with the proper gender, level it to 70, also craft some, get some 77's and this time I notice that the name is kind of bad and I wouldnt want to write that into the Eternium legacy, so I delete the toon and make a new one with the proper name, level it to 70, craft 77's and this could go on many times, until I get everything perfect in terms of character creation. Eventually I finish the event and get top spots wilth full 77's and with only 128 crafts on my final toon. After the event has ended, I get banned, because supposedly I exploited the game, but all I did, was to play it within the rules of the game itself. If the game lets me delete a char and make new ones as many as I want, then this is not an exploit. You even make money out of deleting characters, so its good for business. But if I get some benefits, in terms of shorter crafting bags, then it is not the fault of me, it is the fault of the game design. So you see, its the intent what turns this situation around. Same goes for seasonal toons, i can create and delete them as much as I want and the reasons could be the gender, name or any other. If this action is permitted in game, I am not breaking any rules.

If you want to fix this, then the fix is not a declaration in Discord or in the forum, that doing this is considered an expoit. Even sending an in game mail about it is not going to fix this, because if my intent for creating new chars is name or gender, then all it still fine. If I tend to get some crafting benefits by that, then this can't be a premise for a ban. the real fix would be that any new characters you make, share the crafting seed. Until you have not done that, this action can not be a banable offence.

There are plenty of bugs/systems in the game, what give an edge and what are common knowledge for veteran players. I would name some, but there is this Orwell style rule in place where: "you cant talk about exploits". But I think you should lift the veil and just accept them. The ones you dont like, fix, the ones you dont care about, just leave like they are and tell, that those things are ok to use. Otherwise new blood has two places to grind, in game and in community. Infiltrate, learn the secret handshakes and get acces to that "secret" information.

So in case you are going to ban me from season, for making new toons, I will say this up front. I deleted them, because I really like to level characters to 70. I even have a video about it on my YT channel.

But we all know why we really level them ... so please give Suiyoubinoko some slack and dont inhibit his progress, by asking to take the longer route, while all others used the shortcut.

• Travis | Support Mgr.
      Travis | Support Mgr. commented
      Editing a comment
      The ones banned for doing this aren't just doing it 2-3 times and they aren't just doing it during 1 event or season. They are doing it enough to indicate intentional exploitation before any action is taken. (Hint: the first action is NOT a ban)

• LodWig
      LodWig commented
      Editing a comment
      100% agree with Heikki Gross. Especially with
      [...] if I get some benefits, in terms of shorter crafting bags, then it is not the fault of me, it is the fault of the game design.

Originally posted by Travis | Support Mgr.
    Creating and deleting multiple heroes to exploit the crafting "bag" is indeed cheating and can get you banned when the Season leaderboard results are processed.
    We all have items on our Season heroes that came from the crafting bags of "multiple heroes", that is the ones created for playing the ANBs. Are we not supposed to use the two 77 items we can bring back thanks to the CTs for Season pushing, because they could be mistaken for items created with "crafting" heroes? This is absurd, honestly.
    Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
    Eternium Files

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
      Travis | Support Mgr. commented
      Editing a comment
      This isn't anything new. If you haven't been banned yet, feel free to keep doing what you're doing. That said, crafting results are reviewed on a per-event basis and the number of ANBs run during a Season is taken into consideration before any action is taken...and as a reminder, a ban is NOT the first action taken.

Wow, I was just looking for the most efficient way of crafting 77s without cheating and it was mostly for season play (I just finished my 5th ANB with no 77 but it is probably because I don't have enough gems to get all the good stuff at the beginning and run out of play time. Also still learning the game, lol this is pretty much the only game I have played since the times when you had to set your TV to channel 3.

Comment

• Heikki Gross
      Heikki Gross commented
      Editing a comment
      Given the current rules, feel free to create seasonal crafting toons and avoid making them in ANB. That should get you up and running in no time and there should not be fear for ban since that is how all of us are doing it.

• bojck
      bojck commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't worry about gems too much, once you learn the game you can get 1-2 77s per event without spending much of those (even 250 per event is enough). It's a cool game, you can compete for top spots without paying any money if you want to

Suiyoubinoko
    forget all of the banning dialogue as that was not your question.

week in and week out, outside of ANBs,
    1. I create a new toon, level them up to 70, craft a lvl 77 item, run storyboard to max gem count (795), delete the toon and start again.
    in AnB,
    1. I create a toon, level them up to 70, craft a 77 item (CT the item), push as far as I can, event ends, let the toon delete.
    2. i keep enough toons on my account that the event toon is deleted without me having to pay the 50 gems to delete it.
    I have a mage, a BH, and a warrior. I play casually. I am still building to have all three mains with CT’d full sets of gear.
    • as to banning, I believe the process described is fully within the “allowed” rules.

Comment

Working...
    X