I need a it of advice please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a it of advice please.

Firstly, please bear with me. I am an old sea captain and have been computer gaming since the 80's. My first computer was a TRS-80, and then a apple 2C. I am a pretty good gamer, but do not have the background in computers that you folks do.
    Having said that, I'm enjoying eternity but can't seen to get past level 80 in the ANB events, so no celestial transforms for me. I favor bounty hunter with 4 assault and 2 demolitionist items. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also on crafting perfect jewelry. Can't seem to get past a good or decent rating. Can someone tell me how many gems of each type to use?

Ill be happy to share some sea stories with you good folks as a thank you!
    Cheers,
    Captain Jeff

Ditto on being an old gamer, and i am close to you as well on trials, i have made 91 in normal game and not played the ANB enough yet to get far. i play a warrior though, seems to be my goto in all games i play. i am working on my first perfect jewelry now and have about 1/2 the rings fused and waiting on more perfect gems to finish my first ring. i have noticed you do not need all 3 max lvl rings to get the max score, example i had 3 with 60 CD and 3 with 59, so i took away 1 of the 60's and swapped a 59 and the score stayed the same, so took away another 60 and added another 59 and the score stayed the same, so i fused it and went to the next, this time the score changed with 2 rings at 59 and 1 60, so i had to use 2 60's to get the max score. So now i am using all the Gem Bonuses from the past events and running the highest trial i can finish easy and start to stock up on Gems. I used this forum for the Guide on crafting perfect Jewelry because i think that will be the first big boost to help get further in non season trials. i think crafting gear will come later since i am not one to pay for game currency to buy all the material to craft, so will wait for farming mats and saving rubies to buy things. Good luck gaming.

Comment

• Mortonvh
      Mortonvh commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you good sir!

Your 4 Assault and 2 Demolitionist gear will not get you far in ANBs, since it is underpowered for Trials (the Assault gear is considered a beginner's set, okay for running Story, but not ANB). If you enjoy BH, I would work on replacing all of your Assault gear with Havoc (and target your build for the current meta of 4 Havoc + 2 Demo). You'll find it far more powerful and easier to play (and more enjoyable!). Make sure you support your new build with the right weapons and abilities so they all work to maximize synergies. Summarizing for a BH with 4H/2D build:

GEAR AND WEAPONS
    - 4 Havoc + 2 Demo (I typicall reserve the Demo for Pants and Boots, but that is a personal preference)
    - Weapons: Igniters Set (Firebug + Torch)
    - Pants + Boots: Make sure you add Movement Speed as an important attribute for each
    - Trinkets: Talisman of Storms (ToS) + Vial of the Wind Spirit (VotWS)
    - Cape: Integralas Mantle
    - Belt: Molten Belt
    - ALL of the above gear should have Critical Damage and Critical Rating attributes.

ATTACKS/ABILITIES/PASSIVES
    - Attack: Primary should be Explosive Shot (a preferred secondary is Lethal Shot; Scatter does not do seem to do as much damage)
    - Abilities: Rapid Fire, Smoke Screen, and Heatseekers (until you get the hang of Smoke Screen, I would use Magnetic Trap for awhile, a bit more fun to play when encountering mobs!)
    - Passives: Piercing Ammo, Tracer Ammo, Pathfinder

TEAM COMPANIONS
    - Many (including me) play with 1 Eileen + 2 Maggies, but you'll need to buy Maggies. These 3 Healers provide a VERY useful Vortex Utility.
    - Otherwise, 1 Marcus, 1 Eileen, and 1 Robin can get your started (be aware, though, Marcus "Deafening Shout" does not work in Trials, not that it would do much damage, necessarily). You can always buy more Maggies later (they cost the same whether in ANB or not).

Regarding Jewelry, there are many posts covering crafting perfect jewely. Nhat's guides are older and a bit involved to read, but they do set "the standard".

kurtcabage also has an older but excellent thread, and in my view outlines the entire topic a bit easier for newcomers: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...for-new-player

Jewelry crafting is one of the more complex tasks in the game, so it's useful to jot some of the tasks down to paper (or computer, spreadsheet, etc.) to use as easy reference. Creating a hardcopy folder for the game to keep notes is something we older guys need to refresh our memories!

Good luck!

P.S. -- The upcoming Platinum ANB is very challenging, with just 3 hours of actual playtime over a calandar week. But it could be a chance to see how far you can progress with some strategy and planning, hopefully securing at least 1 CT.
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

• Mortonvh
      Mortonvh commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Will try it next run!
Working...
X