Two questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two questions

Hi. I'm wondering how/if the poison cloud damage for the serpent's embrace bracer/malice and ill will combo is shown in stats.
    Also, why do SCR mages use arcane damage instead of frost. Does the arcade belt of shielding have something to do with it? Thanks

I'm sorry I forgot about the training grounds, and based on the minimal time I spent there, it seems that damage from poison cloud is so minimal it probably doesn't even register in trials (I'm at TL 138 with my build), but still can't find the reason why one would incorporate arcane damage into a SCR build. What is cosmic ripple damage counted as?

Comment

You really wouldn't want to apply Arcane damage into an SCR build, which uses as its gear base the Elemental Lord's Regalia (ELR), the Grand Magister's Command (GMC) set of weapons (staff and tome), and its own and synergistic group of primary attacks, abilities, and passives.

Instead, the Arcanist is a different build, recently buffed, using Arcanist Vestments gear as its base with the Forbidden Knowledge weapons set (staff and tome). A key but important addition is the newly introduced BELT -- Prismatic Chronocord -- which adds SIGNIFICANT enhancement to the Arcane Bolts primary attack, making it a powerful damage dealer when compared with its piddling past. The Arcanist set has been around a long time with little to no improvements, so the many patient and faithful Eternium adherents literally jumped for joy to fully embrace this long-awaited upgrade. It is now a formidable, competing meta, vying for top spots on the mage's Leaderboard.

A recent post by bojck summarizes the build: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...canist-is-back

You can also do a little more searching on this site or better yet, on Discord, for more recent discussions on the new Arcanist build.
      Last edited by WarriorSeven; 08-09-2024, 07:02 PM. Reason: The Prismatic Chronocord is a BELT, not a CAPE (sorry for any confusion).
      “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

Thanks. Appreciate it. I mostly play Shield Warrior, but enjoy playing the other classes, too. I'll think about spending the gems on the belt and see what happens

Comment

Well... bought the belt and made a mediocre arcanist build and cleared TL 136 with time to spare and no deaths. It's a fun build, and even tho I'm used to diving into mobs with SW, it's weird doing it with a mage...
          I'm trying to pay better attention to the poison cloud in trials, and I don't think I see it listed as a negative effect against enemies...only poison ammo

Comment

Working...
          X