This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BASIC TROUBLESHOOTING - Please read before posting your problem

Please read through this post to see if your issue is addressed before posting. Thanks!
    • Problem: My game keeps crashing.
      • Solution: You likely need to free up some RAM. Try restarting your device to free some up quickly. If that doesn't help, open your app manager and close any unneeded apps or processes that are running in the background, then restart the device.
    • Problem: The game won't load or I am getting a Marmalade error that mentions not being able to open a file or assets are missing.
      • Solution: You may have some corrupted game files, so please try the following (in order):
        • If you haven't already, create an Eternium account using the "save now" button on the left side of the game's main screen.
        • Open your app manager and find Eternium.
        • Force close the app.
        • Clear the app data/cache.
        • Uninstall the app.
        • Make sure you have a stable network connection.
        • Reinstall the app.
        • Launch the game and login.
        • Select the first level in Act 1, tap "play", then allow the updates to completely install before tapping "start".
    • ​Problem: I can't find the SECRET CODE for the chest in my mailbox.
      • Solution: Check the SECRET CODE! section of the forum.
    • ​Problem: I got charged for a purchase, but didn't receive my goods.
      • Solution: Please use the "support" button in the game's options to send us an email with a screenshot of your receipt. Be sure not to edit the subject line, so we can get the device info we need to manually fulfill your order.
    • ​Problem: My game was reset! I had heroes, but now they're gone and I have to create new heroes or play with heroes from an old account.
      • ​Solution: Please use the "support" button in the game's options to send us an email. Be sure not to edit the subject line, so we can get the device info we need to recover your game data. Please include the name of your missing hero(es). Or, if you're an Android user and you've made a purchase, we can use an order ID to find your old game data.
    • Problem: The game keeps crashing when I try to start level 3 (Marcus's Village).
      • Solution: When you first install the game, you are only downloading the first 2 levels. The remainder of the game is installed when you start level 3. So, you need to be online for a few minutes in order to start level 3 and the game needs to be on your hard drive. If the game is on your SD card, move it back to your hard drive, allow the updates to completely install, then you're free to move it back to your SD card.
    • ​Problem: I'm getting an error that mentions a "checksum" or something about differing archive sizes.
      • ​Solution:This issue is caused by your network security protocols. Try connecting to a different WiFi network (on a different router) and letting the game complete the updates on the level loading screen before trying to play. If possible, use a friend's network or find a public place with free WiFi (like a coffee shop). Switching to a cellular network (by turning WiFi off) may also work. Note: Simply switching connections on the same network will not help.
    • Problem: The game keeps telling me that I'm in offline mode, even though I'm connected to a network or I'm seeing an error saying something like "HTTP 400 / MFP 0".
      • Solution: Try connecting to a different WiFi network (on a different router) and letting the game complete the updates on the level loading screen before trying to play. If possible, use a friend's network or find a public place with free WiFi (like a coffee shop). Switching to a cellular network (by turning WiFi off) may also work. If all else fails, try the following:
        • Ensure the game is closed via your app manager.
        • Install SuperVPN (developed by SuperSoftTech).
        • Open SuperVPN and connect.
        • Launch Mage and Minions and load a level (which forces a server call).
        • Force close the game via your app manager.
        • Go back to SuperVPN and disconnect. You are welcome to remove SuperVPN at this point.
        • Launch the game and you should be able to play.
    • Problem: I uninstalled the game and when I went to reinstall it, the App Store said it's not compatible.
      • Solution: Just like any app, the App Store app on your device uses a cache and can cache out-dated data. Try opening your app manager and finding the App Store app (Google Play Store, Shop Amazon, or Amazon App Store) and clearing the app data and cache. Or, you can just try installing the game remotely using a web browser on a computer.
    • Problem: I am unable to enter text in the text fields or only 1 letter shows up.
      • Solution: This is a known issue with certain on-screen keyboards (especially Samsung). You should be able to get around it by using a different keyboard (like Google or Swiftkey). You can find a number of alternative keyboards in the Play Store at https://play.google.com/store/search?q=keyboard.
Working...
X