This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game app (from MS-Store) quits randomly

After updating the game app to version 1.11.20 through MS-Store the app closes randomly. This occures while playing, while staying in main menue and sometimes even while app startup.
    Resetting the app data or reinstalling the app didn't solve the problem. The game is no more playable.
    I'm on Windows 11 Pro, 23H2 Build 22631.2715
    The graphic cards with the latest drivers are Intel HD Graphics 3000 and NVIDIA GeForce 710M, problem occures on both cards.
    Before the update there was no problem.​

(Playing over Steam now )
    Last edited by ToffiCap; 11-22-2023, 11:49 AM.
  • Answer selected by Travis | Support Mgr. at 01-16-2024, 05:56 PM.

New information on that issue that is worth sharing. The crashes were caused by Windows Gamebar, which seems to be touchy with server timeouts. Turning that damn gamebar off totally and permanently fixed the problem. No more crashes.

Thanks again to Travis for his help, my gaming experience is not quite the same since then.

Comment

CONFIRMED! ... This was supposed to be a forced update to correct the issues with ephemeral boxes super attributes.
      I too ran into the issue of the game closing randomly (first time ever for me this game failed on Windows).
      Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel Core i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz
      AMD Radeon R7 M270 graphics card

Also reverting to Steam until fixed.
      “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

Thanks for the reports. The team is looking into what may be going on.

Comment

With the latest Version 1.12.2 from MS-Store the problem still exists for me. No problems on Steam.

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
            Travis | Support Mgr. commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the update. I don't have enough reports of this issue to consider it widespread, so there has to be a pattern here. We just have to find it.

Hmm... I'm not sure if this gonna help, but I had the same issues with 1.11 version too.
          For what it's worth:
          Windows 10, 64-bit Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz
          16G RAM
          Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Comment

New information on that issue that is worth sharing. The crashes were caused by Windows Gamebar, which seems to be touchy with server timeouts. Turning that damn gamebar off totally and permanently fixed the problem. No more crashes.

Thanks again to Travis for his help, my gaming experience is not quite the same since then.

Comment

Game version 1.13.2 still crashes for me. Neither Windows Gamebar nor anything from Xbox is installed on my system.
              Here's what I've noticed:
              If I run the game in the window I can play it. But as soon as I maximize the window, the game crashes.
              Reinstalling the game gave me the following errors when I first started it:
              First: Out of memory in s3eMallocOS allocating 524288 bytes
              Then: Heap 6 out of memory. Allocating 524288 bytes but only 0 available (0 LFB). Increase icf setting [s3e] MemSize6 (current value is 300000000).
              Then the game closed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-04 193143.png
Views:	102
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	221392 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-04 193230.png
Views:	92
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	221393

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
                Editing a comment
                It's odd that you saw errors on the first launch with a new install. That can indicate that some remnants from the old install are still lingering. Try the following:

1. Open the start menu
                2. Go to settings>apps
                3. Search for "Eternium" and click on the result
                4. Click "advanced options"
                5. Click "reset"
                6. Click "uninstall"
                7. Restart your system
                8. Reinstall the game through the Microsoft Store

Travis I followed the steps with the result that the errors no longer occur on first startup. Thank you for your suggestion.
              But the game still closes randomly when running in maximized window.​

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
                Editing a comment
                If it only happens in full screen/maximized window, it sounds like your GPU is starved for RAM. What kind of graphics card do you have? If it's an integrated card, I wouldn't be surprised it's struggling.

Travis Before update to version 1.11.20 everything worked fine. My graphic cards are Intel HD Graphics 3000 (1,7 GB RAM) and Nvidia GeForce 710M (2 GB RAM).
              The game from the MS-Store closes on both cards. With Steam version no problems, running quick and smooth.

Comment

Working...
              X