Personal Fail. Public Resolve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal Fail. Public Resolve?

I (Character "Ezma") just bought the blue bank upgrade for 9.99. Microsoft says so. So where is it? I'm already gonna be in enough trouble with my wife for wasting a ten-spot on something that should just be free in a dwindling game. No, I'm not going to send a screenshot. I'm a retired/disabled lawyer, and I have a lot of time on my hands. Thank you in advance for understanding what I mean and resolving the issue.

Several Christmases and a few girlfriends ago, I decided not to cook. That remains a rarity to this day. Instead, I ordered a rather fancy spread (the big ham, the big smoked turkey, all the other stuff) well in advance of guarandamnteed delivery from a place I had not tried.

Christmas Eve, well into dark, my $400 bucks had been charged, no show of the goods. My primary lady at the time called Harry and David (the company from which I ordered). With some appropriate womantude.

The charges were instantly reversed.

The delicious food was delivered at around 11 p.m. that night. A good time was had by all.

On the 27th, I called them. Might have gotten either Harry or David, I dunno. I wanted to REVERSE the reversed charges, but they refused to do it, stating what REALLY SHOULD BE OBVIOUS.

I've easily spent $10k there since.

Take notice.

For any TLDR morons, my story is a nice little example of how good customer service should work towards the "everyone wins" paradigm.​

Hey there. I'm sorry you had trouble with your purchase. Looking at your game data, I see that all of your previous orders were through Amazon, but you mentioned Microsoft in your post. Just to verify, did you make your purchase through the Amazon version of the game, or the Microsoft version?

Comment

Hi Travis! Nice to see you! Again! I'm the guy with whom you've had discourse with about all sorts of YOUR GAME problems! Can you help me help you, or not!

Yes, I've made purchases for years through Amazon. My Fire tablet actually worked consistently. Your company negotiated shytilly, and now it can rarely update.

I recently switched to a touchscreen laptop, Windows based (duh, wow). Ya know, bigtime arthritis. In case you missed it, I don't ask many questions.

My bankspace purchase was through the Windows store application.

Here's a question: Are you going to do the right thing?

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
        Travis | Support Mgr. commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Bryan James View Post
        Here's a question: Are you going to do the right thing?
        I activated your Season Pass before posting my reply yesterday. The question is, are YOU going to do the right thing and post a screenshot of your receipt (or email it to help@makingfun.com), so we can figure out what went wrong and take it up with Microsoft?

Thanks for the Season Pass. I do appreciate the gesture. I went back in (a little after 5 a.m. recently) and tried to buy the Tertiary Bank upgrade (again) through Microsoft. "They" said I already own it, therefore they could not process it. ONE TIME purchase thing, and all that jazz.

That specific flag must CERTAINLY be visible on my account. So, please just restore what they say I already own. Thank you.

(And yes, I've tried the Restore button. I've never had to/tried to use one before in various MTX games, but Eternium's ain't working)
      Last edited by Bryan James; 01-08-2024, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
        Editing a comment
        Please try clearing the app cache for the Microsoft Store:
        1. Open the start/Windows key menu.
        2. Go to settings>apps.
        3. Search for "store" and click on the result. If you're running the latest Win11 update, you will need to click on "system components" to find the Microsoft Store app.
        4. Click "advanced options".
        5. Click reset.

I reset both Eternium and the Windows Store.

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for trying that. This is an issue on Microsoft's end of things. We're working with them on a resolution.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	331.2 KB ID:	221141
      So you're saying there's a chance! Thanks, man. I ultimately blame Amazon for being dorks with my Fire tab...

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
        Editing a comment
        Deprecating devices is definitely on Amazon. Trust me, we'd love for the game to be compatible on ALL devices.

I'll just wait (no choice). I'll buy the bankspace through the Fire Tab if/when it becomes viable again.

In the meantime (i.e. during my grumpy beeyotch period), I just cleaned my existing bank a bit. Room to work with. I have an insane amount of crafting available.

Comment

Working...
      X