This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worse performance on new computer?

I updated from a 7700k and GTX1080 to a 14700k and 4080s and only get 30ish fps no matter what settings I use.
    I tried to clear cache, uninstalled, reinstalled and nothing is better.
    Seriously, game is unplayable now? I don't get it?
    Old computer at least got 60fps. New system barely gets 30fps?
  • Answer selected by Travis | Support Mgr. at 02-20-2024, 03:17 AM.

Yup, sorry for the trouble guys. Turns out the Win10 install was blotched somehow.
    The new install of win11 and its running great! Thanks!

Comment

Are you seeing this on the WinApp version of the game, or the Steam version?

Comment

• Mogal
        Mogal commented
        Editing a comment
        Steam.

• Travis | Support Mgr.
        Travis | Support Mgr. commented
        Editing a comment
        Try clearing your Steam download cache by opening Steam, then going to "Steam" at the top, then "settings". Under "downloads", you will see the "clear download cache" option.

If the problem persists, try deleting the local Eternium files:
        1. Exit Steam (if it's running).
        2. Open your File Explorer.
        3. Navigate to your locally store Steam files (usually located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common).
        4. Delete the folder named "Eternium".
        5. Restart Steam and launch Eternium. It will take longer than usual to start as the local files are reinstalled.

Also, ensure that you have the Steam Overlay enabled by going to Steam>Settings>In-Game>Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.​

Unfortunately, non of that helped.
      Did all of the above twice, and still only getting 20-40fps.

̶I̶ ̶C̶A̶N̶ ̶N̶O̶T̶ ̶e̶n̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶S̶t̶e̶a̶m̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶l̶a̶y̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶y̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶?̶

I got it enabled, but no change, Still 30ishfps.
      Last edited by Mogal; 02-18-2024, 03:36 AM.

Comment

• WarriorSeven
        WarriorSeven commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmm ... with a new computer, and previous system working okay, is there a chance your new system's internet/wifi/router connection needs re-optimized?

In any event, the problem seems localized to your system and not the game, as there have not been reports here or on Discord of poor network performance.

Besides, there are all kinds of free tools on the internet that you can try to narrow down your issue. And more often than not, you're more likely to solve the issue on your own, if that's any consolation -- just keep at it. We've all been there ... and it seems it's becoming more apparent and incumbent on us as users to fix our own problems these days.

• Travis | Support Mgr.
        Travis | Support Mgr. commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm with WarriorSeven on this one. This has something to do with your setup, not the game itself.

Nothing else seems to be troubled with the exception of Blue stacks acting up too. Everything else is fine performance wise.
      I think I'm going to make the leap to Win11 and give it another go.
      I need to keep this game. It's great and I have lost so many other games to ads and subscriptions.
      I'll let you know how it goes in a couple weeks after I get things going again.

Comment

Yup, sorry for the trouble guys. Turns out the Win10 install was blotched somehow.
        The new install of win11 and its running great! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X