No announcement yet.

Leap build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New mobile player. First post. The last ANB Gold was my first ANB. Made it to around TL 90 or something on a BH.

Playing a Warrior this ANB and think I am doing a leap build? ITZ is nuts and there is typically no way I can keep up on mobile.

WW at 10. Haven’t had much trouble pulling mobs with me leaping and with the WW.

Just to make things more challenging for mobile players. I have noticed that it seems like I can sometimes interrupt my Leap animation by double tapping on the ground while at the top of the Leap.

I am currently using 4WL AND 2 FURY, Qol/Brooch of Vamp (drop) and everything Exp Extra gold. I will switch the stats after a few more hours of grind. Currently around TL 70 and beginning to stall. Gotta go read to learn how to use the ephemeral boxes. Hoping I might be able to make it to a Celestial this time, though I also gotta go read to understand what to do with that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Argon View Post
      Mmh, think it will be tougher for mobile warriors now with ITZ. PC might have a real spamming advandtage. Cannot cast as quickly as the abilities cool down. But it's a lot of fun and a lot still to discover ​​​​​​. Good luck to you too!
      As long as I've played this game I've never understood the point of shockwave...I've never been able to get it to do any damage. How are you using shockwave with your leap build?
      DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

• steampunk
        steampunk commented
        Editing a comment
        I also didn't understand how SW works but I'm getting a little bit better now using this Leap+SW setup.

The rotation is : Leap + ITZ (in the air) + SW (right away).
        Don't SW before Leap because it doesn't give much damage afaik. And I don't see double SW being useful.
        Last edited by steampunk; 08-19-2020, 12:35 AM. Reason: Typo

Originally posted by Arawn View Post

As long as I've played this game I've never understood the point of shockwave...I've never been able to get it to do any damage. How are you using shockwave with your leap build?
      I am not sure my reasoning is right and there are people who will have the numbers, but here is my reasoning... and you probably know all this. I am also trying to get clear about how it works for myself.

I have not played the game long at all. Playing on an iPad. My first warrior build was leap and charge. Double the flying pink swords... what could be better?

The thing is the “leap build” is really an ITZ build I think. Charge works against the Parry buffs from ITZ and therefore you lose WW procs. ITZ gives you very rapid cool down on both Leap and SW. It also gives WW from the WL proc, which you need in order to make large pulls... and then kill them with SW and bleeding. SW also gives you both a heal and dmg reduction. I think it stacks with Cleave, but dont really know. My point being that even without the damage SW does a lot. And you know all that I am sure.

I think the SW dmg really comes from DoTs. Leap does 4000% weapon dmg as a DoT bleed lasting 15 seconds. Rending does 1000% weapon dmg as DoT bleed, stacking up to 10 times, lasting 15 seconds. The swords have a 15% dmg bleed from crits, which works with the Templar Belt. SW takes all that and instantly does 10X the next second of DoT dmg. And sometimes it can be double cast. That’s a lot of instant damage both for pulls and bosses. SW is lack luster without stacking all the DoTs and keeping them up, or so it seems to me.

Leap, which is very visible and dynamic, does a very small portion of the damage, in part because the people you take with you on the Leap take half dmg? The DoT does more, and synergizes with SW.

I am currently at TL110 in the ANB. 4WL/2Fury, the vamp blades. Qol/Vial of Wind. Templar belt. SW is by far my biggest source of damage, both for large pulls and on bosses. I will learn how to post screen caps and show the dmg when I can. I was really surprised because I thought SW was sucking, but you get to cast it so often, etc. It’s hard to be really systematic about rotation on an iPad. It takes a lot of attention just to keep up, much less watch the status up DoT stacks and crits. Maybe I will get used to it over time?

My question is how anyone gets Leap to do significant damage.

Oh yeah... SW is Fire Dmg. Buff Fire dmg in your build.

Those are the thoughts of a new player for whatever thats worth.

Comment

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        Naktl The damage from Leap does not appear as a separate category. I am seeing most of my Leap damage added into Storm of Swords.

• Loreg
        Loreg commented
        Editing a comment
        You might want to use ToS instead of VoWs as the former will give you critical damage, a lot lot of critical damage.

• Naktl
        Naktl commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. Don’t have ToS unlocked yet and the VoW was just the best drop so far. Will absolutely switch when I can.

Thanks Naktl ! Yeah, from my limited understanding, ITZ increases parry rating by 2,000 allowing BotT to give you 5000 CR, then leap gives you 4,000 DOT, which shockwave turns into 40,000 instant damage... so, ITZ, Leap, then SW. Is that right? SW just never seems to do any damage though...
      DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

• Nhat
        Nhat commented
        Editing a comment
        Do some runs in TG to see the damage difference for yourself: 1. Cast Shockwave by itself vs 2. Do the "prep work", then cast Shockwave...

Took me a while to get Shockwave going too, it's reliant on current bleed/dot on the target - I'm using Vampiric sword, so can also build dot with crits...

I'm just completely baffled... when I look at the leaderboard SW accounts for 70-80% of total trial damage but mine is only accounting for 25-30%. I had this problem before the last big update when warrior was run with 2 Jugg/4 Adv and SW, DT, and BR. Could never get it to work then either. What on earth is the cryptic secret to making SW work...
      DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

Originally posted by Arawn View Post
        I'm just completely baffled... when I look at the leaderboard SW accounts for 70-80% of total trial damage but mine is only accounting for 25-30%. I had this problem before the last big update when warrior was run with 2 Jugg/4 Adv and SW, DT, and BR. Could never get it to work then either. What on earth is the cryptic secret to making SW work...
        An obvious question, sorry if I already asked this, but since you're not seeing results: Is your Shockwave level 10 yet? The 8x DoT trigger only happens when you have it at level 10.

Here's a simple damage comparison from TG:
        1. Shockwave by itself, no bleed/dot on target: 474k damage
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200819-124142_Eternium.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.4 KB ID:	179109

2. Very basic "prep work", bleed from Vampiric swords => Shockwave now did 7.65m damage
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200819-124905_Eternium.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.8 KB ID:	179110

So, the idea is to build bleed on the targets, and hit with lvl 10 Shockwave while the bleeds are still there. With vampiric blades, crits adds bleeds, so the "double shockwave" is taking advantage of that, if the first one crit...

Edit:
        As for the damage distribution, I suppose it depends on how often you cast Shockwave (with bleeds on the mobs) vs using other abilities. More frequent Shockwaves would also help with healing too...
        Last edited by Nhat; 08-19-2020, 03:14 AM.
        Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Thanks Nhat . I tried the same experiment and got a similar result. I'm not sure why this doesn't translate to trials, but I'm just getting a really lackluster effect from SW in actual practice. And it doesn't seem make the slightest change in the boss health bar. I literally get more of an effect from whirlwind against a boss
          DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

SW damage % increases with tl difficulty. The more hits foes can take the more bleeds from grievous wounds stack. Especially double and triple crits from SW itself. When SW crits you get SW bleed with 15%of a crit hit from SW. Get another crit SW and that will be 10 times say 16 (1600% cd) times 0.15 (15%) times 16 times SW. This is about 40'000% on second crit. Get triple crits for tougher foes...
            Mobile only
            ZOBO NEVI CIXI 0314
            Warriors, BHs Argon
            Mages Tuca

Comment

Hello Arawn having a picknick at tl100? Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200821_123508_com.makingfun.mageandminions.jpg
Views:	602
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	179291 I've dropped by to ask what all those defensive features are for? No need for those as a DW farmer. I'd suggest replacing those passives with fleet footed, PI and either IT, duelist or celerity
              Mobile only
              ZOBO NEVI CIXI 0314
              Warriors, BHs Argon
              Mages Tuca

Comment

Hello Arawn having a picknick at tl100? Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200821_123508_com.makingfun.mageandminions.jpg Views:	13 Size:	83.0 KB ID:	179291 I've dropped by to ask what all those defensive features are for? No need for those as a DW farmer. I'd suggest replacing those passives with fleet footed, PI and either IT, duelist or celerity
                Ola hombre. Yeah just to lazy to level up other abilities lol. Finding it much slower to farm XP with this build as opposed to defender build, but I saw one player that had completed 130 with something like 990 CPs. I'm not that good a player tho lol! What abilities are you using to farm XP?
                DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

• Argon
                  Argon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I used fleet footed, celerity, PI in tl90. Had to change PI to endurance for tl100. Then I claimed tornado build to be easily good enough for tl130, wanted to craft bracers and had a cleave bracer in the first and only attempt. So I figured I had to proove it, crafted some gear and ran to 130. Now I'm done with Argon

So, what is the correct ability sequence with this leap build? I'm doing ITZ, Leap, SW, SW. Is this right?
                DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

• Argon
                  Argon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nothing else to do while in the air . You can also cast SW in the air and it will perform at the landing

• Naktl
                  Naktl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Alternatively, if you are on mobile you can throw Leap and double tap a location on the ground while in the air. It cancels the player character animation, but not the Storm of Swords. Of course this means you can cast something else, or even just more basic attacks during the time you would have been in the air. So you can use the hang time to cast ITZ if up, or you can cancel the hang time and keep pressing the attack.

• Arawn
                  Arawn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Naktl Oh that's a cool thing to know. Thanks!

So...I am on trial 129 in this ANB bronze with 2 hours left. I cannot seem to clear the map in time. I seem to be unable to get SW to do much damage. I think I would be better off attacking my enemies with a loaf of bread lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200822_165834.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	179407

Name:	20200822_165748.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	179408

Name:	20200822_165706.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	179409
                DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

Spam SW and use Rending Slash for bleeds. With that ww proc damage you really should be getting a lot more SW damage because you're obviously pulling a lot of mobs. Find your SW rhythm, don't draw too fast because then it wont cast, at least for me on iPad..
                  Edit: ITZ only works when a foe is targeted.
                  Last edited by Argon; 08-22-2020, 11:09 PM.
                  Mobile only
                  ZOBO NEVI CIXI 0314
                  Warriors, BHs Argon
                  Mages Tuca

Comment

• Arawn
                    Arawn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Okay, will give it a go

I have TL 119 open, but not enough time left to kill Garm. It’s ok though. This is my second ANB and only started playing about the time of that War Supplies Event before the most recent Gold ANB. My goal was to get my first two 77’s CT. I managed to get a 77 Sanguinarius and a 77 Belt of Templar this event. I applied the CT and I think if I want to keep them I just leave them bound rather than salvaging them? Haven’t used the Eboxes or Jboxes, etc. from the event because I am not exactly sure how to best use them. Most of my gear was still low 70’s, didn’t optimize jewelry, etc. its not the worst, but the learning curve is a bit steep. So, sub par performance obviously with a lot to learn.

I ran a Demolistionist BH during Gold, which is not the meta, but great fun because of all the sticky bombs. A Leap Warrior during this event. Also a lot of fun just because pulling during TLs is really dynamic. Hope to run a Mage in the next event.

Comment

• Argon
                    Argon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Naktl congrats on tl119, that's very good for the second overall and first warrior AnB. Mages are a lot of fun too, but they are tougher to reach high trials. Current meta is ELR with frostbeam, but I can also recommend SCR for mobiles.
                    Thanks for the double tap tipp. Not sure what the benefit is. I first thaught yeah, really nice for boss fights to reach the ground faster and run from special attacks. But in bossfights double tapping didn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

• Naktl
                    Naktl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Argon thanks. I dont have SCR unlocked yet. I really want to make a Lightning based build using SCR, but won’t have enough Glory until after the next event I think. Did a fun BH Demolitionist build during ANB Gold, but didn’t get very far. I know for certain I have used the double tap Leap on Kara. I think the main thing is to tap someplace other than the boss? I should be able to go test it later today.

• Argon
                    Argon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Cool, I'll try that too.
                    The last 2 AnBs I ran an SCR with the epic boxes and drops. 2nd run i baught 3 SCR pieces. Actually it would probably be better to farm XP with ELR (faster for me, though that might be due to more practice) and then decide what to push with when you already have the drops. At least that is my plan for next AnB

Spam SW and use Rending Slash for bleeds. With that ww proc damage you really should be getting a lot more SW damage because you're obviously pulling a lot of mobs. Find your SW rhythm, don't draw too fast because then it wont cast, at least for me on iPad..
                  Edit: ITZ only works when a foe is targeted.
                  Hmmm... so would you critique this attempt? I don't know what it is...I almost fell asleep during this fight!

DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

• Naktl
                    Naktl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I am a new player and you are well beyond me for TL level. Here is what I would say about that fight, given how ignorant I am.

You spent too long with the Elites in a small group. I would have carried them with Leap and WW to other mobs. You also seemed to stop casting Leap regularly before SW once you got dug in with those Elites. The DoT from Leap is one of the primary sources of SW dmg, so you need to keep it up all the time? You cooldowns are amazing though. Just out of curiosity, why do you have Rend as your secondary attack? I think because Rend is a DoT that is stacks, so it’s advantageous to have it continuous. Cleave is duration I think, instead of a stack, so you can throw it intermittently and get the debuff. Is that right?

Those are the observations of a newb for whatever they are worth.

• Arawn
                    Arawn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Naktl Thanks man! Okay, so tried casting leap, ITZ, SW and did get better results. Swapped cleave and RS but I seem to be able to do better with RS as secondary attack for whatever reason. As far as cooldowns, I have CR, CD, Vit, and AR on all gear. I know others use Pow instead and get by with minimal Vit but I simply cannot stay alive without lots of Vit. I think I've always been a pretty sloppy player lol

• Turgeon
                    Turgeon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I e just start trying this build yesterday and thats rlly a crazy build thnk to you guyz. Alrdy 133 done in less than 6 min. With such poor gear using 4wl2fury. With sw BOM that rocki always found shockwave so bad but in this build itz ez to learn how this spelle work very nice guyz thnk you very much
                Working...
                X