X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chairmannone
    replied
    I am struggling whether for XP farming it should be 6 fury lily build or 2 fury 4 warlord crit build. Any suggestion?

For reference, my 6 fury lily build clears TL105 within 2 minutes

Leave a comment:

• Joel Noval
    replied
    Thank you for all the tips and advice. This game has a very good community.

Leave a comment:

• Ozymandius
    commented on 's reply
    Nhat Thanks so much for sharing that information! I never had the materials to try to craft anything better so soon into the ANB, but I will give it a try in the next event.

• Nhat
    commented on 's reply
    Fire Lily is the key for boosting your damage with this build, I'm about 20 to 25 trial levels behind without it...

The other point is on using proper exp gear, so craft a replacement for anything that doesn't have exp at the moment, then replace with the Fury set (you don't need to unlock it) once you get the Epic Ephemeral boxes - Storm of Swords will boost your damage a lot. Make separate +Gold uncommon gear for Gold farming.

Stick to the "90 seconds 5 trials advancement" strategy. It's a lot easier simply fighting the same boss, and I always found Kara the simplest to just tank.

When you can afford it, craft Legendary level 70 weapons, for more damage.

Another thing to remember is that this is your first ANB, so just learning the proper path is important... see how you go and do better next time. Good luck
    Last edited by Nhat; 02-02-2021, 10:27 PM.

• Stusmith50
    commented on 's reply
    Warrior doesn't need lily. Follow the crit build XP, CD, on all, Power, AR, vit, haste, physical and movement speed.
    End game for warrior doesn't use lily.
    For warrior the BOM is more important, but only needed for higher trials.
    Last edited by Stusmith50; 09-20-2021, 05:46 AM. Reason: Switched CR for Power

• Nhat
    commented on 's reply
    Ozymandius all unique trinkets, except for Charm of QoL obviously, claim (as per their description) to have reduced boosts for lower grade/quality, I've only confirmed Fire Lily and Talisman of Power so far...

• MightyPen
    commented on 's reply
    First, thanks Ozymandius for linking your study. I wonder how it would work out now with the reduced drops and tougher minions.
    Second, Nhat, I'm running the 90 second guideline now, which bumps me back down to TL80. I thought the drops would be poor, but although they are almost all Epic quality, there seem to be* more Set gear items, which is actually better for farming MoT. Yay!
    *first impression: may not hold up in the long run, but I'm hopeful.

• Ozymandius
    commented on 's reply
    MightyPen You can see the results for yourself at:

You have to scroll down a bit to get the full table and graph. This was before the nerf in legendary gear drops, but the results support a faster clear time.

• Ozymandius
    commented on 's reply
    Nhat Thanks for the stats on crafting a Legendary vs. Rare or Epic Fire Lily! I did not realize that I was trading a lower crafting cost for less damage boost. Can't wait to try out a Legendary Fire Lily in the next ANB!

Do you know if the same logic applies to the VoWS?

• MightyPen
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for this clear examination of the 90 second guideline. I've been sticking to the older 3 minute policy because of the reduced quality of the drops, but you make a compelling case. Gonna go slaughter some huge mobs now.

• Joel Noval
    replied
    Kindly help, I want to follow this guide as I'm totally new to this game ? . I have passed level 30 on my main character and ANB is available. I made my event hero as a warrior and reached level 70 by completing Acts 1 to 4, now focusing on clearing Trials, I just pass Trial lvl 32 and want to passed all trials but my warrior is weak, easily die after Trials 32,

and now I read this guide, obviously I can follow the abilities guide, but the Dire of Lily is not possible because it needs 100 glory, I only have 45 from the season pass, any alternative to the fire lily? My character set is the free sets from completing the quest in Acts 4 or world 4.

Leave a comment:

• Nhat
    commented on 's reply
    I find that you might as well craft legendary Fire Lily for the constant +500% - while lower may be slightly cheaper, you get less boost... epic is +400%, rare +300%, uncommon +200%

And yeah, higher wwapon damage will help too, but I only craft each piece once, and save the rest of my mats to try and get a 77 for my main...

• Nhat
    commented on 's reply
    Since Fire Lily removes Critical hits, both Critical Rating and Damage are useless stats - the damage display calculation do not change though... and thus the confusion

Edit
    I play the "extreme lazy" method, so minimal cost crafting to level up, then single craft for "final gear".. Clear cut with which type of gear to use. If you craft set gear early, then you tend to hang on to them for longer, and end up with lower +exp, for example. But I suppose the trade off can mean quicker clear...
    Last edited by Nhat; 02-02-2021, 03:07 AM.

• Ozymandius
    replied
    Nice summary! I especially agree that the first priority for a newer player is to select a class that you are familiar with. That allows you to create a strategy to guide your decision making. The biggest difference between my ANB play today versus when I first started is that I go into the ANB these days with a clear strategy that guides what my XP farming gear will be (e.g., generally an Epic Fire Lily power first build) and what my push gear will be when that time comes. Each player will make lots of decisions during an ANB about gear sets, which abilities to prioritize, to socket or not to socket, etc., and a clear strategy will help to make those decisions. You really need to know which abilities get a big boost from hitting level 10 and which ones do not.

I would add that even if you cut corners on some pieces of gear, do not cut corners on crafting weapons! Often the only difference between a successful ANB and a poor one is the damage value of your weapons. Now that AR has been nerfed, I would add that the same goes for your Integralas Mantle.

When I first started playing, the experienced players talked about the "under 4 minute rule" for XP farming. Through experimenting, we have now cut that rule down to the "90 seconds or less rule." Newer players (including me when I was first getting started) tend to push trial progression too fast. They believe that they should farm the most difficult trial that they can complete in the 10 minute trial timer because higher trials give better gear drops and more XP than lower trials. But if you are running trials that take 9 minutes to complete, and I am running trials that take 90 seconds, at the end of 9 minutes you will have completed one trial and I will have completed 6 trials. That gives me six times more gear to salvage, plus more gemstones, more books of learning, and more gold for the exact same time investment. And, instead of being frustrated and dying multiple times, I will be enjoying overpowering mobs and bosses.

Finally, I have found that even level 2 Rares for Fire Lily and Vial of Wind Spirits can still give you the special abilities that are tied to those trinkets. I have pushed both Warrior and BH easily through TL60 just using rare ones that I crafted at the end of the first story map. I have not tested this using Uncommons level trinkets, but it would be an interesting experiment.

Leave a comment:

• MightyPen
    replied
    Wow, you play a very similar strategy to me, (same gear, same abilities) with some fascinating differences. It never occurred to me to level up the abilities I don't use, just to get the synergy. I'll have to try that. Also, I usually open the chests right away to get junk gear to use or salvage, but it hasn't been very helpful, so I think I'll take that onboard, too.
    Some of the things I may do differently: I forge Fury Boots and Pants early (level 30 or so) to get the SoS and also Movement Speed, and fill out the set when I get to Level 70. I do a Rare or Epic Integralas Mantle and Fire Lily around 30 to 50, too. Epic Bladestorm Arms can wait for L70, since SoS and Tornadoes are doing all of the work, and MoT scarcity has been limiting my crafting opportunities.
    I usually get easily to CL90, but hit the wall around 110 to 120 or so. A question, because I always go for zero CT, CR & Topaz in anticipation of my first Fire Lily: do the damage stats of CT & CR have any effect on base damage for a Fire Lily Warrior? Wondering because the items with CT & CR claim more damage, but I'm assuming that's invalid.
    Anyway, thanks for the insights.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X