Why Charm of QoL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Charm of QoL?

I understand that it's almost a given for top Warriors to be using Talisman of Storms, for the Critical Damage boost, and due to the cooldown sharing that excludes all other "Talismans", but I'm a bit surprised by the majority use of Charm of QoL...

Most top players should be used to manually managing the required buffs for Frenzy/Rending Slash by now, it just seems to be a step backward to rely on a trinket for it and not use something else, like Vial of the Wind Spirit or even Brooch of Vampirism for that extra boost... I'm using it on my Exp/Gold gear set because I'm too lazy to switch manually...

Thanks in advance for your insights.
    Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

This is coming from someone who's a Warrior Veteran of about 2 whole weeks now (since Start of ANB), lol, so take any of this with a grain of salt.... I'd guess it has to do with absolute Nil interest the current Warrior meta has with haste, getting battle rage from 2/3's of their skills, which pretty much hits the haste atk/sec cap if you have 500 or so haste. This would make VOWS useless, when also considering that the damage from its attack disappears from Trial stats as soon as you start pushing. I would imagine that the ease of pulling/gathering the mobs without switching attacks is pretty big incentive also, especially as sometimes the new attack wont register (and resultantly no attack stance change until you notice), or it will occasionally interrupt the flow/density of your pull.

But ease of use aside, and assuming the user can flawlessly execute every attack change action they take, the extra 15% attacks is pretty sweet IMO. I know it's not a true 25% attack increase, as I read that it diminishes your primary attack slightly. The primary allure I'd guess is that Frenzy can multi hit as well as heal you, with each hit. Bringing the effective additional attacks to 18.75%, this is arguably more healing than the Vamp Brooch, as the 5000 Health regen is fixed, and negligible at higher trials (5000 health per second of hundreds of thousands of health is minimal at best). The Frenzy heal amount appears to scale in my limited experience... no data at all, I'm still fumbling to figure out the intricacies of this class.

Also since a Warrior is using 2 Weapons and at the haste cap almost always, you're basically getting the most attacks/sec possible with QOL. The Frenzy damage falls behind the Vamp on a tic for tic basis, but over a Trial I'd wager to guess it outworks it, and heals you constantly, rather than at random intervals, and without tethering constraints.

--edit-- I tried a lot of trinkets in the day+ since ANB with my Warrior on main account, as I too was not sold on QOL. But after using most of them, including the poorly named and quite tame DOOM trinket, I found QOL to be the quiet winner.
    Last edited by DethStrike; 02-10-2021, 06:56 AM.

Comment

• Nhat
      Nhat commented
      Editing a comment
      hmm, interesting... thanks for the insight, I kinda missed the "as well" part of the 2nd attack trigger, which means there is a damage boost via additional attacks, not just purely "doing the swap for you"...

And yeah, since trinkets of the same types share cooldown, you should only equip one "Talisman..." and/or "Charm..." at the same time - so the Talisman of Storm and Talisman of Doom combo doesn't work well...

• DethStrike
      DethStrike commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't believe I forgot that when trying them out. I sure have learned, repurposed and also created an awful lot of info regarding the math and mechanics in this game, while simultaneously proving how dumb, with a healthy splash of ignorant I can be. Dumb nerds are the worst thing ever.... smart is our whole thing I called an item "tame" insultingly, after relegating it as such by my own actions. What a gamer...

I never seen a warrior use Brooch Trinket is it because the rendering dash? vampiric set. and i use to have a set of those but i just salvage it since majority in top leaderboards uses cleaver sets.

Comment

This observation is a result of the very recent update and balance changes. The meta was the bleed swords, with Shockwave, and ITZ+Leap. Then ITZ got nerfed, changing it's effect on parry, from reduced (all skills) cool down, to the damage buff.

Funnily enough, Cousin ITZ is still in the Meta, but the change dismantled the Bloody Surfer build in dominant demoralizing fashion. The cries of a thousand warriors could be heard across the land, as they awoke to multiple now useless pieces of celestial gear.

A cautionary tale for the bright eyed youths with Celestial dreams and notions of item permanence.

I literally stopped applying celestial orbs to my remaining and new perfect Stalker gear, that very day when I witnessed the ITZpocalypse.
      Last edited by DethStrike; 02-10-2021, 06:01 PM.

Comment

very interesting discussion on warrior trinkets
        but all these explanation is on DW i'm afraid

"wat about us Shield warriors?? You left us behind? now now that's not fair (jokes aside)"

erm .. as a shield warrior which one for trinket eh?:

VOTWS or Charm of Qol
        any recommendation?
        have a nice day

Thank you
        Last edited by TheExorcist; 02-13-2021, 01:09 AM.
        Shield warrior Lover

Comment

• Nhat
          Nhat commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol, I was just about to suggest you giving Charm of QoL a shot with your Shield Wield - put Frenzy in the second slot. Good luck

Although you probably want to use Frenzy specifically when it comes to the boss

O dear i dunno wat to say
        i try this "charm of qol thing" - one time at trial 138. but a bit hard i should say
        have to get used to it then (later)
        i just revert back to the old VOTWS. the timin decrease more. from 9:45 min to 8:59 min

Attached Files
        Shield warrior Lover

Comment

Working...
        X