No announcement yet.

Fury set question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So while I am building up glory, what is the deal between dodge and parry? I hardly ever see parry in the arena.

Comment

Parry = warlord set = whirlwind

Comment

Thanks. Is haste of much use in a fury/lily build?

Comment

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          I have been playing mostly 6pc Fury with Fire Lily build in ANBs. I find that Haste is useful early on for the attack speed boost, but if you are using Frenzy, you can get the attack speed boost from that and/or add Celerity as a passive ability instead. My early ANB gear set has Power and XP as top priority with some Haste mixed in, along with Vitality and Ability Rate. I usually farm XP and push to get the two CTs, but I rarely push past TL120, where the Fire Lily build seems to fade a bit.

However, other players, like Nhat, use Ability Rate instead of Haste to speed up their cooldown times. Since the cooldown time allows you to finish trials faster, it is a nice addition for an ANB where you are farming for XP and salvage gear. In the most recent ANB, I noticed that his warrior was able to complete trials faster than my similar built Warrior mostly due to the faster cooldown time. I will probably work to balance Haste with more Ability Rate in the next event.

• MightyPen
          MightyPen commented
          Editing a comment
          Storm of Swords and Whirlwind with Tornadoes both benefit greatly from Ability Rate. So that's great in the early Trial Levels. But after Trial Level 100, the bosses get harder to kill with the SoS, because the damage is directly linked to Weapon Damage, and does not increase all that fast, unless you score a L76 Axe or something. Since you've already been focussing on Power to maximize the Weapon Damage, Haste becomes more important in higher levels. I prioritize Ability Rate at first, and start including more Haste at about the same time as I craft Legendary Gear.

Thanks. I am also trying to figure out which if any of the defensive stats (block, parry, dodge, deflect) are worth investing in with a dual vampire blade build.

Comment

• Nhat
          Nhat commented
          Editing a comment
          Block is useless for Dual Wield, since it only work with a Shield. Deflect and Dodge are also not useful...

You'll need Parry for 4 Warlord build, to trigger the Whirlwinds

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          +1 on Parry for Warlords

Regarding block, I have seen some highly rated warriors with lily and shield. This would seem to be an interesting strategy, but I wonder if it mainly works with very high level characters. With lily I would lose the set advantage of the vampire blades.

Comment

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, Fire Lily works best with Bladestorm Armaments (axes).

Just to update, complete new Lily build, still with the vampire blades. Far more competitive in the Arena, currently warrior rating around 450. One character I won't challenge is cold oriented wizards, the freeze penalty on my casting rate is just too much. This is probably about as strong as I can make this character, though it seems bracer of mastery would add a fair amount, albeit requires a lot more glory.

Comment

• Romme
          Romme commented
          Editing a comment
          You don't get the vamparic blades bonus with lily, where your crits bleed for a lot of damage. You would do a lot more damage with the axes or cleaver and Encrypted shield

I will give it a try sometime. However I have beaten lots of high level axe wielders, currently at warrior rating 250. I have even beaten powerful cold oriented wizards, but only as a defender. Clearly the game engine is more effective at running my character than I am, wish I knew how it is beating freeze spells.
        Last edited by sbradley02; 08-09-2021, 11:36 PM.

Comment

For non-Lily builds, Belt of the Templar (along with parry adds) seems to be the item to get. Most of my defeats have been against Templar wearers.

Comment

I am up to the Warrior 20s now (my best is 19). I continue to look at how those who defeat me are configured to get ideas on how to improve. Just recently I have been trying Shockwave instead of Charge, in line with a recent defeat. The heal addition is impressive. One question though. The character who recently beat me had three usages of Shockwave. One of mine is greyed out. How do you get all three? Can't figure anything out.

Comment

Working...
            X