Struggling to make Fury4 / Warlord 2 accomplish anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struggling to make Fury4 / Warlord 2 accomplish anything

I see many advocates for this build, so I've been experimenting with it, but I'm failing miserably.
    I specialize in Fire Lily Warriors, so I have tons of good Fury kit. I also have a few pieces of very good Warlord stuff. I have a fully developed Warrior, currently at CL2059, and I've tried running the combination, but she I'm struggling with anything beyond CL 105-110. I've given her all the best Fury gear I have that has CR or CD attributes or both, I've equipped her with a Talisman of Unbridled Fury and a Talisman of Storms (these are only level 72 & 73), and she still does better with the full Fury 6 set than the combo.
    Is there some vital combination of attacks and Bracer of Mastery that I'm missing? Is it just because I'm a wild button-masher rather than a skilled surgeon?

First of all do not put two talisman. Since they share internal cooldown
    secondo they need cleave bracer since most of the dmg come from cleave. If im not mistaken
    for the rest youll need a pro two wield.

Comment

I use 4 fury 2 warlord for XP TL105 because it is fun and fast - cleave, whirlwind, leap, charge, lightning reflexes, duelist, power infusion. All with physical damage - cleave bracer, Templar belt, ToS, VoWS (maybe just because I had one with XP and physical?), Integralas cape, Bladestorm axes with slayer. Not a push build, but I tried TL125 and finished in less than 3 minutes also being fun. Follow Romme advice - build big mobs but avoid adding red or blue aura elites.

Comment

As Tin Man mentionesd, I believe it's a 2 Fury 4 Warlord build - 4 Fury 2 Warlord isn't as good as 6 Fury, last time I checked for myself anyway, double cast of Charge & Leap seems much better than level 7 Battle Rage proc...

With 2 Fury 4 Warlord, you need to switch to a Parry Build to make full use of it, use In The Zone & Lightning Reflexes to boost Parry, and Templar Belt can reduce your need of having Critical Rating on your items...

It's almost a different playing style, and I couldn't get it working properly either... You're looking at keeping ITZ up as much as possible, to help proc Whirlwind and Critical Rating (from Templar Belt), using Charge & Leap for Storm of Swords proc. The build was much stronger previously, because Parrying with ITZ used to also reduce active cooldown... but it's still going strong for those who worked it out...

I'm more used to the direct hitting of 6 Fury, might give it another shot as a Fire Lily build in next silver... still working out what's best to craft as my main push gear...
        Last edited by Nhat; 03-14-2021, 08:40 PM.
        Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

• MightyPen
          MightyPen commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah. To switch to a Parry build, I'd have to start pretty much from scratch. But this goes a long way towards explaining why I wasn't setting the woods on fire.

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          +1 on Nhat comments. I tried the 4 Warlords and loaded up Parry on gear to proc ITZ, but I never really got the hang of it. I used to run 4 Fury 2 Warlord in ANBs, but switched to 6 pc Fury and haven't gone back. For me, the Fire Lily 6pc Fury build is the best XP farmer in ANBs. I haven't really mapped out the upper limit of that build in ANB but it gets you the two CTs fairly easily before it starts to struggle.

• MightyPen
          MightyPen commented
          Editing a comment
          Took my Fire Lily Bronze ANB Warrior (6 Legendary Fury) to TL 120. Made several attempts at 121, but always took a minute too long. Another second good axe might have done it, but with no more CTs anything I crafted would have expired.

Thanks to all of you who took the time to write answers. It looks like the Warlord/Fury combo would be a difficult change for me.

Comment

erm
          this err "Mr WarHero ChinaDV" is at the no "1" warrior LB (4W/2 Fury thing)
          strange? According to the LB -he's all out for "Critical Damage attribute on all gears (including Jewelleries)
          non watsoever "Critical Rating"? OMG
          Now: wat happen to Critical rating all of a sudden for DW? (or maybe for Shield Warrior also??) is it a fragile attribute??
          It seems all 'Critical damage" works. Mr WarHero ChinaDV prove it by being "HM the Warrior King" (at the moment )

should i copy his built then? (well i'm still practicing my step by step DW at trial so and so)
          any ideas??
          have a nice day
          thank you
          Last edited by TheExorcist; 05-21-2021, 02:55 AM.
          Shield warrior Lover

Comment

• Nhat
            Nhat commented
            Editing a comment
            Belt of the Templar adds 5000 Critical Rating on Parry, for 2 seconds, which removes the need for CR on gear - you obviously need enough Parry to trigger it consistently though...

• Stusmith50
            Stusmith50 commented
            Editing a comment
            CR comes from Charge, CD from ToS?
        Working...
        X