No announcement yet.

underpowered Whirlwind Shield warrior? erm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone else interested in playing shiel warrior this gold? Tin Man Arawn Romme Grand_Wazoo ?

Comment

• Romme
      Romme commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha no. I'll be on vacation almost the entire duration of anb gold, so not sure if I'll even be able to play.

• Romme
      Romme commented
      Editing a comment
      And if I could I wouldn't play shield warrior :P

• Arawn
      Arawn commented
      Editing a comment
      Meh...I can't just play the same class/build every time. I get bored. LBs be damned!
      Last edited by Arawn; 06-30-2021, 08:21 PM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E80FC718-2353-4FB5-8B3D-83A816CAA151.png
Views:	382
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	199462Click image for larger version

Name:	572E8881-E5C2-4B6D-BCEB-1D9B89979C5B.jpeg
Views:	379
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	199463Click image for larger version

Name:	1FCA5FCB-1B27-477A-8EC1-062DC0A7AAC5.png
Views:	405
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	199461I managed to build the set for my earlier build (just in time for anb), except for the amulet (out of jewels to combine). It’s by no means “endgame worthy”, but it gives you some idea. It has all the basics of my build (fire dot weapon enchant, slayer on helmet, no other enchants for now).

A quick test at trial 109 shows I can at least get to 110 for 2 CTs.

mobile (Apple) player - shield enthousiast - Heavily suffering from butter fingers

SchilKardy - main Fire Lilly Shield Warrior - Trial 143

Comment

• Kardinaal
      Kardinaal commented
      Editing a comment
      First time attaching images. The damage one worked out but the others are terribly low quality. The one at the end of the trial 109 shows a little over 2 minutes left, and the one with my gear was meant to show the levels (shield and weapon 75, fire lilly is 77 ct’d, the rest are 1 craft per item and lvl 71-74).

Hoping to get you better results after ANB,

• Kardinaal
      Kardinaal commented
      Editing a comment
      After a few more trial runs I’m getting a better idea of what I can pull, with my current gear it’s around 6-7 groups of mobs before I gotta pop block and shockwave them to thin them out. Survivability is great, life goes down reasonably slow so you have time to shockwave for heal.

Tried trial 110 and had no problems with Kara, the minions go down quick with shockwave and whirlwind. Got her down with allmost 4 minutes to spare.

Next goal is to up the shockwave damage by crafting either a viscera (50% dmg boost to rending slash) or cleaver (1200% damage of basic attacks, but no idea if that boost gets used for the dot part of rending slash).

• Kardinaal
      Kardinaal commented
      Editing a comment
      Last one I promise . The cleaver is definately the way to go. Cleaver lvl 72 actually does more damage compared tot the lvl 75 weapon I used before.

I absolutely have no understanding at this fragile & underpowered shield warrior. My DW rest for awhile at Trial 140. erm why not just try this retired SW thing for a change?

I can"t beat Kara at 140 but success with Magroth at 141. Strange. Wat I'm goin to do? Rotate the two (DW & SW)?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TheExorcist; 08-11-2021, 10:43 PM.
    Shield warrior Lover

Comment

• Turgeon
      Turgeon commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratz bro youre the best shield2arrior!?

There is one area shield warriors might still excell at, and that’s the arena. Using encrypted shield might make you allmost invincible according to some things I saw. So that’s one more thing to test out and play around with.

It basically gives a chance to add to the force field every block you do, the ammount depends on LoH value. So the plan for next Anb is again making a firelilly shield warrior, only now try LoH and encrypted shield instead of life + shockwave heal for survival (well life and shockwave heal still factor in ofcourse).

Hopefully this will “free up” shockwave a bit. Before I couldn’t save up shockwave casts for when shield block is on, I needed to keep casting ASAP for the healing (in the mob phase at least).
    mobile (Apple) player - shield enthousiast - Heavily suffering from butter fingers

Comment

• Turgeon
      Turgeon commented
      Editing a comment
      But arena is kinda boring so i dont waste precious time in it. We want shield warrior back to play the game not for this pvai

• Kardinaal
      Kardinaal commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I understand about arena, it’s more that it makes me wonder about encrypted shield. It basically gives you loh on blocking as well as attack. For those big pulls, so DT doesn’t “escape” halve way. Pulling power and face tanking ability are important. Can’t block if you’re not face tanking.

The bonus for arena is too little!! They should give out glory’s and gems!

Comment

The biggest problem for this underpowered shield warrior is "Kara". Thankfully our Turgeon made it by using the skill "Charge"

Me? like a snail
      up one trial (after quite some time stuck at 141)

Thank you

​​​​​​

Attached Files
      Last edited by TheExorcist; 09-12-2021, 05:43 PM.
      Shield warrior Lover

Comment

• Turgeon
        Turgeon commented
        Editing a comment
        Woah beautifull i know why i call you master. Youre the best man! Didnot try 141 142 yet but its gonna bechallenging for sure. Youre the man that maintain my passion for shield lover and push me to the limit! Thnk bro hope ill catch you

• Grand_Wazoo
        Grand_Wazoo commented
        Editing a comment
        Gratz! very nice. Hope they make him great again too as I still have my SW (in sleep mode).

Here ya go. 141 done. With a poor mob phase it let me only 3min45 to kill magroth but i getit haha. Next is 142 to catch you up TheExorcist
      Attached Files

Comment

How did you make such high Deadly Throw? Is it from flurry and shield bonus?

Comment

• Turgeon
          Turgeon commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes plus chRge for jigh crit and a lot of power

Is 2F4W good with SW?

Comment

• Turgeon
          Turgeon commented
          Editing a comment
          No davidz i dont think itgood

• davidz
          davidz commented
          Editing a comment
          I want to try replacing ITZ with DT in my 2F4W, but my DT doesn’t have a lot of damage. Maybe it’s a stupid idea.

Congrats Turgeon Trial 142 now is it?

Watch out!!!! That old witch (TBD) skin is made of "stainless steel".

Hope u succeed. I don't like to be alone at 142.
        Shield warrior Lover

Comment

• Turgeon
          Turgeon commented
          Editing a comment
          Thnk bro hope ill succeed too thnk for the advice!

Dev should give top shield warriors some shield-specific badges. That will make shield warriors very hot.

Comment

My fire Lilly shockwave shield warrior has gone up 10 trials with the update, to 127 (for now, got a few minutes left on the timer so I might be able to get to either 129 or 131). I am now attacking with over 14k power with shield block active.

The extra boosts on shockwave heal part are very noticeable too. With 40% less cooldown on abilities, I can now run two stacks of shockwave heals round the clock comfortably. The extra survivability does a lot for me. Bigger pulls in mob phase, I can facetank more “big” attacks from bosses, so I get more shield blocks in. At 1.4 mil health, that’s a lot of healing.

Damage wise I’ve given up on shockwave though, without the set bonus from vampiric blades it does very little damage. That also means I’m now running a more traditional shield warrior setup and skillset with physical damage, frenzy…

Gear is far from perfect, blackguards 77 shield and 76 weapon at near max stats with ct on the shield, 76 cloak with ct, 77 fire Lilly ct’ed. All the rest is lower. So I might be able to reach 140 or so once I got it all up to 77. Wonder what the max power is I can get behind this build .

Comment

Kardinaal Do Report back to us how high do you think this fire-lilly shield warrior can perform at trials (this new updating thing)

erm Our gold anb: I haven't made my mind yet wat type of a shield warrior should I choose ehh?

The Cr/CD or Fire-Lilly

At the moment just as usual: runnin for exp/gold with fury DW build etc

Thanks
            Last edited by TheExorcist; 09-18-2021, 03:36 PM.
            Shield warrior Lover

Comment

• Turgeon
              Turgeon commented
              Editing a comment
              Im trying cr cd SW this anb. Hoping that its the good choice

• Kardinaal
              Kardinaal commented
              Editing a comment
              Crit is still the way to go yes. But I made my bed, and have no doubt I can get a Lilly shield warrior to tl110 with the update for Anb. I planned a whirlwind version this anb, I want to see the effects of the healing from the 2 piece defender bonus.

As for the new limits of the build when full lvl 77? Maybe I can hit tl140, as it stands with my gear I can get to 130 max. To be honest it’s as much about more life and healing as it is about damage limits. Maybe more.

Also I want to seek the limits of power muhahaha.

ToS is 3000%, ToP is 5000 points. That’s the difference… If ToP is 3000%, then Lily build will be always better than anything else

Comment

The biggest problem with fire Lilly on a shield warrior is that the power gets so high, you run into diminishing returns. When you are allready around 14k power with Sb on, that 5000 extra from top does less than you’d expect.

When it triggers when Sb is off, it takes my power from around 5k to 10k, and then you feel the boost.

So top can be hit or miss to be honest, this anb I’m trying talisman of doom, hoping it will do more for me when Sb is on.

Comment

Working...
              X