• Show
Clear All

• kurtcabage
    commented on 's reply
    Congratulation man!

• TheExorcist
    commented on 's reply
    Ozymandius
    I should change from full havoc to hybrid with 2 demo then. Now which LB player to follow? Erm. Are they any 4havoc 2 demo with decent amount of vit build?.

• Turgeon
    commented on 's reply
    Thnk. Now for me 154 will be really tough as i have a lot of difficulty to sinc tos with garm hope ill get it then well need to find a way to beat that kara at 155

• TheExorcist
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats Your Majesty
    Turgeon. We should be proud. The three Stooges (You, Me and whoever the 3rd one might it be? Mr Cathe). Is it Grand Wazoo ehh????. All three pass Trial 150

• Ozymandius
    commented on 's reply
    TheExorcist I have been playing around with the 4 Havoc:2 Demolitionist build. I did well in Gold ANB using a 6pc Havoc set, but the addition of Sticky bombs from the 2 Demo pieces feels like sort of a game changer.

• Turgeon
    replied
    TheExorcist Going toward you just did 151
    just pass the other SW haha
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Turgeon
    commented on 's reply
    Who is cathe. Is it you grand wazoo? The third SW?

• TheExorcist
    commented on 's reply
    While Practisin this havoc thing I just browse the LB. Let see how many SW are there ehh?. Let's count: no 26, 55 and 62. The three Stooges. We need 5 more: I like the famous series: EIGHT IS ENOUGH

• Kardinaal
    commented on 's reply
    Ok I made a mistake in the numbers I just saw. My AR stack isn’t 4.5k, it’s 3.5k. The 40% reduction and 50% uptime are right though, so doesn’t change too much.

• Kardinaal
    replied
    Originally posted by TheExorcist View Post

1. Higher block is required (not anymore capped at 95%?)
    2. Try 5k Power but in vain. Can I say power is not 'the key' to a whirlwind shield warrior?
    3. For heaven's sake it's a CR CD build. Can't be low can it?
    4. AR? I try the at least 1500 value. Unsatisfactory result
    5. Vitality can't be low
    6. Battle rage rocks (at the moment)
    1. Block still seems capped at 95% from a small incoming damage test done in the training grounds. Around one in 20 attacks hits substantially harder, thus passing block. What does change is your critical block. Any blockrate above 100% is critical block, and every crit block causes a shield slam. So if you have for example 115% block, you will do 15% more shield slams.

The 3600 blockrate (95%) breakpoint has to do with shield block: 7600 br gives 195% block, so max crit block of 95%. Any block above 3600 will mean more shield slams when shield block is not active, and ofcourse extra power when Sb is active. Extra tip: you get 500 br from s&b that is not listed in the LCS (lying character screen - oldschool Diablo II ref ), so you can in principle get away with 3100 br from gear.

2. You have over 3k power allready, with Sb adding 7600 more. So those extra 2k power is indeed not so much.

3. so yes crit crit crit

4. you do your best dmg when Sb is active, so Sb uptime is very important. I stack around 4.5k ar on my shield Lilly, and use belt of the whirling shield. This allows me to cast DT, ww, DT in a single 5s Sb activation. Then DT ww DT without Sb, then the next cycle Sb is up again. And every 4 or 5 cycles I can do 2 cycles with Sb in a row. So in short: I get over 50% Sb uptime, plus whatever charges blackguards adds. To be honest I got a little too much ar, DT-ww-DT in 4s. I bet with 3.5k ar I would still (just) be able to fit DT-ww-DT in the 5s uptime. But the extra second helps a lot in consistency, and what would I replace the ar with on a lily build anyway…

5. one of the biggest problems to still solve on my shield warrior is healing. Big life pool helps yes. But you also need to be able to dip below 35% health for getting those extra Sb charges (if using blackguards). And recover from it… It’s one of the reasons I like shockwave over ww.

6. Any source of damage for shield slam that isn’t yet more power is very welcome, and the extra healing procs from the 2 piece defender bonus also help tons I bet.

It took me quite some time to get this far understanding sword & board, as a lot of info we all took for granted is from “the good ole days”, when Sb was on all the time. The AR changes that ended that era, have changed the very nature of the shield warrior. It used to be a consistent dps machine. These days a shield warrior is burst damage, you do your damage when Sb is active. Granted I use DT as active, and use the extra ar both for faster burst (Sb uptime) and to cram extra damage into every burst (two DT per activation). You use Battle Rage for a dmg boost that lasts 5s, so your build might be less dependent on high AR. So you have less Sb uptime, and boosting your dmg when Sb is down by stacking more block might do more for you than it does for me.

Leave a comment:

• Grand_Wazoo
    commented on 's reply
    Wow 154 already! That was fast. I really have to invest some time in it.
    You are the king of SW now! Good job.

• TheExorcist
    replied
    Grand Wazoo my dear friend You're right sir
    shield warrior can still survive at Trial 154
    ain't that sweet?
    Many thanks

addition:

1. I think I had enough of this SW thing ( rest for awhile)
    2. It's not an easy task to face Kara again ya know
    2. Wat to do now?:

start all over with my long forgotten Lover:

HAVOC

erm have to do some reading at Our Ozymandius & other BH havoc lover postings etc. Next bronze? Definitely a Havoc.
    ​​​​​
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TheExorcist; 09-28-2021, 01:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Grand_Wazoo
    replied
    Congratulations you did it!
    Now that Kara's gone you can go all the way up to 154...
    Last edited by Grand_Wazoo; 09-27-2021, 11:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Whirlwind Shield Warrior Beat Kara at Trial 150

I'm so happy finally made it
    hero's attribute for sharing:
    ​​​​​​
    wat I deeply observe (overall not just Kara)

1. Higher block is required (not anymore capped at 95%?)
    2. Try 5k Power but in vain. Can I say power is not 'the key' to a whirlwind shield warrior?
    3. For heaven's sake it's a CR CD build. Can't be low can it?
    4. AR? I try the at least 1500 value. Unsatisfactory result
    5. Vitality can't be low
    6. Battle rage rocks (at the moment)
    7. Massive pulling needed
    8. Shield Warriors: NOT UNDERPOWERED anymore ( at the moment). Hopely can stay at the normal LB top 100
    9.Thanks the DEV:for this new SW updated
    10. Most important of all:

Mobile friendly: less than 20 fps can still do trial 150's ​​
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TheExorcist; 09-28-2021, 06:58 AM.
Working...
X