Hidden Express

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In game Ad: Buy in to Opt out tech issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In game Ad: Buy in to Opt out tech issue.

I play on a desktop via the gameroom (win 10 and chrome) and I made a purchase to opt out of the 'in game ads' for 1 month (kind of a test run, before I spend $20.) The initial ad that comes up is gone (thankfully), but after every fifth scene, the same old notice to buy out of the ads or watch it is still occuring (there is no 'x' to simply close it.) I have been refreshing the page to get rid of it, but it is rather annoying and takes as much time as having viewed the ad. Can this issue be fixed?

Hey Cath! I'm sorry you're running into this. Please post a screenshot of the message you see after every 5th scene. Thanks!

Comment

OK! I am having a little trouble figuring out how to, so please bear with me:

Comment

Thanks, Cath. Does this only happen when you play scenes in the Winer Village, or do you see it in the regular game, too? While I wait for your response, I'm going to check with the engineers to make sure nothing broke with the change over to 2020.

Comment

It happens in the World Map, Mile Climb and Juliet's Journey games. I haven't stayed in the other game long enough to find out. I also notice that it (of course!) doesn't pop up with it until after it takes my tickets (or energy) when I fail to keep track of how many scenes I have played and refresh beforehand (in spite of that, I still choose to go ahead and refresh). It would be super helpful if it just had an 'X' to just close it (that fact that it shows up, doesn't bother me so much, as having to watch it when I paid to opt out). Although I know that would take a bit more programming, but it could potentially still bring revenue?

Comment

Have you figured out why this is happening, yet?

Comment

I just checked on the ticket and it's still unresolved. It's currently slated to be fixed with version 5.75 and we're currently on 5.74.1, so I'd expect it to be fixed next week.

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
                Travis | Support Mgr. commented
                Editing a comment
                Just an update here. The team hasn't had a chance to check this yet, but I see that the ticket was just assigned to the engineer that developed the ad stuff, so it's on their radar.
            Working...
            X