X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lmcelhiney
    replied
    Originally posted by Chosen View Post
    I guess this is what happens when an update is rushed out without being properly beta tested.
    The interaction of changes with other "stable" parts of a program can be insidious. Sometimes programmers will "copy-paste" sections of code from one module to another. These duplicates are not always recorded and tracked, so a change to one copy of the code fragment might not address the action of another copy. Properly commented code and version control can help this process, but I am guessing that Eternium contains more than 100 lines! :-)

Lots of folks will identify such inadvertent "exploits" on this Forum or Discord to see if others have seen the same thing. Unfortunately, the very best of Release Notes will not identify all of the developers' offerings, nor do they necessarily want to do so (ex: Easter eggs). The difficulty for us is differentiating which things are "hidden" bonus rewards and which were unplanned errors (bugs). It might be inappropriate for every undocumented "find" to be considered an exploit. Certainly, once it has been identified as such on Discord and the Forum, its continued use is probably exploitative.

Leave a comment:

• lmcelhiney
    replied
    Originally posted by Alica2122 View Post
    ...should disable auto-update and take this advantage...
    I am unaware that there is the option to "disable auto-update" under iOS. (But I am at 1.4.13, in any case...)

Leave a comment:

• Chosen
    replied
    I guess this is what happens when an update is rushed out without being properly beta tested.

Whoever managed to farm CE's: woohoo! Lucky dogs
    The rest of us: once again, suck it.

Leave a comment:

• Alica2122
    replied
    Originally posted by Nhat View Post

And this also now means that anyone still currently on 1.4.11 are exploiting, since 1.4.13 is Live for all platforms except Amazon, which is still at 1.4.12
    And I would consider it as a bigger BUG. Anyone who is still in 1.4.11 and read the forum should disable auto-update and take this advantage .

Leave a comment:

• Nhat
    replied
    Originally posted by Garlic View Post
    And ANB is likely to be at season's end? Dark months ahead.
    It's been noted that ANB will run within the Season, we don't have anymore info than that though...

Originally posted by Arawn View Post
    I'm all for celestials only being event rewards ... just not sure I understand their logic behind the essences. That's like buying $1 for $3. I get that that's essentially what we're doing when we salvage standard gear, but the difference is that those are drops with random stats. It seems like the only time anyone would ever benefit from c essences is after a big update makes the celestials you've accumulated over time obsolete.
    Well, yes, it allows you to "use" your existing Celestials to make new ones, rather than simply selling them. And we're currently at one of those "big update", due to the item level cap getting increased to 75, which technically made all existing Celestials obsolete - in that they're no longer the "end game" gear, now it's Level 75 Celestials.

Also, as posted by Adrian, ANB Celestials will likely be "tiered" as well, with Bronze giving level 70-71, Silver level 72-73, Gold level 74-75. So you're still likely to want to craft every now and then to try and get your level 75 item, and then salvage those Celestials that are under level 75 to transform it into a level 75 Celestial...

Leave a comment:

• Arawn
    replied
    So, you need to push ANB for Celestials, and then IF you want to upgrade a better item to Celestial, you need to Salvage your existing ones to get Essences to do so...
    I'm all for celestials only being event rewards ... just not sure I understand their logic behind the essences. That's like buying $1 for $3. I get that that's essentially what we're doing when we salvage standard gear, but the difference is that those are drops with random stats. It seems like the only time anyone would ever benefit from c essences is after a big update makes the celestials you've accumulated over time obsolete.

Leave a comment:

• Garlic
    replied
    And ANB is likely to be at season's end? Dark months ahead.

Leave a comment:

• Nhat
    replied
    Originally posted by Arawn View Post

It makes no sense that these were removed. Now the only way to get celestial essences is to salvage existing celestial items. Why on earth would anyone trade three celestial items for one?? We need a way to farm them or else they're pretty much useless
    Well, this is the response on Discord, from Liana:
    Screenshot_2019-07-15-12-33-49.png

So, you need to push ANB for Celestials, and then IF you want to upgrade a better item to Celestial, you need to Salvage your existing ones to get Essences to do so...

Edit:
    And this also now means that anyone still currently on 1.4.11 are exploiting, since 1.4.13 is Live for all platforms except Amazon, which is still at 1.4.12
    Last edited by Nhat; 07-15-2019, 02:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Arawn
    replied
    Don't think they drop in version 1.4.13 anymore, wasn't supposed to...
    It makes no sense that these were removed. Now the only way to get celestial essences is to salvage existing celestial items. Why on earth would anyone trade three celestial items for one?? We need a way to farm them or else they're pretty much useless

Leave a comment:

• helopilot
    replied
    Am I wrong? CE = celestial essence are being found somewhere?

Leave a comment:

• Reymon
    replied
    Originally posted by Print View Post
    Mage999 said he was finding CE at A1L7 If you put A1L7 in search, the post will come up. (IDK how to show it here)

I guess Act 1, Level 7 — The Defiler.

Leave a comment:

• Print
    replied
    Mage999 said he was finding CE at A1L7 If you put A1L7 in search, the post will come up. (IDK how to show it here)

Leave a comment:

• Nhat
    replied
    Originally posted by Print View Post
    Been farming trials for 2 days and haven't seen a single CE. What does A1L7 stand for?? Someone help a newb out here.
    Don't think they drop in version 1.4.13 anymore, wasn't supposed to...

Where did you see the "A1L7"? Screenshot would help...

Leave a comment:

• Print
    replied
    Been farming trials for 2 days and haven't seen a single CE. What does A1L7 stand for?? Someone help a newb out here.

Leave a comment:

• Mikael Oddmund
    replied
    v1.4.13...? What's new?
    I see no release notes neither on Google Play Store nor on Microsoft Store.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X