Join the Android Closed Beta for 1.2.56

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qeltar View Post
    The dragon "chain-stunlock-can't-move-or-use-apples-or-potions-or-do-anything" routine is terrible.

In my fairly considerable experience, powerlessness is universally despised by gamers. Blast me if I fail to move out of the way fine, but not 10 seconds stuck there unable to do anything.

And I still don't see how it's an "improvement" to force defensive meleers to have to run for their lives every few seconds or insta-die. It's not even challenging, just tedious.
    The "gameplay" aspect of that is you run outside of the circle, as soon as you cross the line of the circle the stun is cancelled.

They seem to have it attempt to do the stun at a high frequency which leads to the frustration as it's possible to get caught in a loop due to the duration of the stun.

It's similar to Magroths stun from the charge, you have to time it essentially lazily. If you attempt to engage from the sides or even from behind whilst he's still charging even though HE'S facing the wrong way you get stunned and then you wipe in his AOE.

it's actually better to just eat the stun and then move out of the AOE as you're more likely to have time to move out of the AOE square.....massively engaging gameplay
    Account deleted

Comment

The lazy fix as opposed to coding it properly would be just to reduce the duration of the stun.
      Account deleted

Comment

Originally posted by Mohin View Post

The size depends on screen resolution. In my old phone I had it big in new is much smaller but good for me. I am not sure if it's easy to change it.
        no need to change the size of the icon, enlarge the tap area will do
        For Gold And Glory

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
          The "gameplay" aspect of that is you run outside of the circle, as soon as you cross the line of the circle the stun is cancelled.

They seem to have it attempt to do the stun at a high frequency which leads to the frustration as it's possible to get caught in a loop due to the duration of the stun.
          Yeah I couldn't move. Three breaths in a row, couldn't move, couldn't heal, just sat for a few seconds until I died.

I'm hoping this is not design intent because I can't imagine any reason they'd want it to be...

Comment

It really feels like there is just something wrong with the dragon encounter. More than once I see "taking a deep breath" on the screen, the tell for the breath weapon, and I immediately try to move but I'm already locked in place. I keep attacking, but I can't move, and then the breath starts and I of course still can't move, plus the apple/potion thing.

I'm assuming the point of the tell is to let me move out of the way but I often can't. The end result of all of this is I have to take the full brunt of the attack.

EDIT: I think maybe this is related to the expanded boss hitboxes mentioned at some point. The dragon is huge and it can be hard to find a place to move laterally out of his range. I had a bit more luck moving towards the edges of the screen to tap but this maybe needs adjustment.
            Last edited by Qeltar; 10-06-2017, 02:55 AM.

Comment

It really feels like there is just something wrong with the dragon encounter. More than once I see "taking a deep breath" on the screen, the tell for the breath weapon, and I immediately try to move but I'm already locked in place. I keep attacking, but I can't move, and then the breath starts and I of course still can't move, plus the apple/potion thing.

I'm assuming the point of the tell is to let me move out of the way but I often can't. The end result of all of this is I have to take the full brunt of the attack.

EDIT: I think maybe this is related to the expanded boss hitboxes mentioned at some point. The dragon is huge and it can be hard to find a place to move laterally out of his range. I had a bit more luck moving towards the edges of the screen to tap but this maybe needs adjustment.
              1) Isn't it that there's an exclamation point (!) sign atop TBD's head to signal that he is about to cast Dragon Breath? Also, if you observe the dragon's routine, he seem to cluck his wings like a chicken before he blows out a regular and special (bad) breath. You can use these warnings to move out, stun, silence, etc. him (assuming the dragon's gender) before you get fried in your armor.

2) I find it easier to move by double tapping (at least for warrior). If you have high attack speed and slow device, it can affect your reaction time as well.

3.) I personally like the encounter changes, because now we have to be attentive and do more than just click and spam. Soon, we will figure out the boss patterns and get used to tackling them that we might beg the devs to change their behavior again to be more challenging.
              HATO ZAKA LOCO 4594

Comment

Originally posted by Mhongix View Post

3.) I personally like the encounter changes, because now we have to be attentive and do more than just click and spam. Soon, we will figure out the boss patterns and get used to tackling them that we might beg the devs to change their behavior again to be more challenging.
                I agree because now the bosses are atleast challenging but before they were literally just spam your abilities. Kudos to devs
                SIGNATURE COMING SOON

Comment

I find the new TBD, by far, the easiest boss for ranged classes. You just need to time your ability casting with your dodging skills and you are good to go. Also, avoid the lava patches or you will get scorged.

Comment

Quick question for everyone that has hit trial 42 or better.... when do legendaries start to drop?..... I saw from reds post at 80 all 3 are legendary. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ahira

Comment

Originally posted by Ahira View Post
                      Quick question for everyone that has hit trial 42 or better.... when do legendaries start to drop?..... I saw from reds post at 80 all 3 are legendary. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ahira
                      My freind got all legendary at 75
                      SIGNATURE COMING SOON

Comment

Originally posted by Subhchatu View Post

My freind got all legendary at 75
                        From what I understand, there's a chance to get legendary on all trial levels but the chance, quantity, and quality just increases as you go up.
                        HATO ZAKA LOCO 4594

Comment

From what I understand, there's a chance to get legendary on all trial levels but the chance, quantity, and quality just increases as you go up.
                          That is correct, there is a chance to get legendary items at all levels. This chance increases for every level. The quality increases past trial level 80 though (70 for the reward for completing the trial in time).

Comment

Originally posted by Red (Developer) View Post

That is correct, there is a chance to get legendary items at all levels. This chance increases for every level. The quality increases past trial level 80 though (70 for the reward for completing the trial in time).
                            Kinda off-topic, hats off to your endeavor with the BH, trial 103 with more than 1000 CL less than Mohin and Led... Respect. I am struggling to get further without a full stalker set, the autosnipe proc would make everything way smoother... Whatever, will try to grind a lil' bit after work ( so in 7 hours or so).

Comment

Originally posted by hades0505 View Post

Kinda off-topic, hats off to your endeavor with the BH, trial 103 with more than 1000 CL less than Mohin and Led... Respect. I am struggling to get further without a full stalker set, the autosnipe proc would make everything way smoother... Whatever, will try to grind a lil' bit after work ( so in 7 hours or so).
                              I thought it's technically impossible to finish, and more so to exceed, trial 100? And with a BH? Wow!
                              HATO ZAKA LOCO 4594

Comment

I thought it's technically impossible to finish, and more so to exceed, trial 100? And with a BH? Wow!
                                With the proper gear and skill it is beatable. I lack both, :,D

Comment

Working...
                                X