Release notes for closed beta game update 1.2.59

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by narf View Post
    Yeah, the difficulty increases somewhat exponentially now. You also can't just compare pre- and post-update trial levels. While pre-beta trial 1600 was possible, they're currently designed to not exceed 100 too far. This allows players to reach their maximum trial faster instead of doing hundreds of trials to progress from 1000 to 1100, that just feel the same.
    Another focus was to make the boss fights more challenging and longer compared to clearing the mobs.
    I see

One annoying part with boss fights is I tend to misclick on them instead of kiting around and get one-shotted. I don't have large screen so it happens easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncubus View Post
      One annoying part with boss fights is I tend to misclick on them instead of kiting around and get one-shotted. I don't have large screen so it happens easily.
      If you haven't already, increase the View Distance to 150% for the boss fight (you can scale back to 100% when not fighting a boss if fps is an issue). A wider area helps to have non-boss spaces to click.

Comment

Originally posted by adjacentengels View Post
        If you haven't already, increase the View Distance to 150% for the boss fight (you can scale back to 100% when not fighting a boss if fps is an issue). A wider area helps to have non-boss spaces to click.
        Yeah I'll try it, thanks

Comment

What was/is the main purpose of removing the blazing speed from Battle Rage? What crazy advantage did it give? And why is it still in the description? The speed change now is barely, if at all perceptible and really slows the game to a crawl.

Overall I have to say that I don't much care for this new version of the game or understand the purpose for the changes. All that seems to have been accomplished is changing what everyone was using to something else everyone is using for the most part (i.e. - Maggie was the bomb now she sucks - I agree totally what's the point of a silence field when it silences nothing, now Endar and Robin are the bomb where before they were just ok or Cleave really good, now useless and now we all use Rending Slash). I'm basing this statement off of post in this and other threads / looking at the leaderboard.

I read the notes about trying to focus on character fantasy and I'm missing the correlation with these changes. I play warrior almost exclusively and I went from standing toe-to-toe with bosses to running around like a chicken with my head cut off because the boss is getting ready to drop the apocalypse on my head. What kind of "fantasy" impression of a warrior do we have here? Running TBD use to be enjoyable now I get to the darn dragon and heaven for bid I get stunned for 2.5-3 seconds and not a darn thing I can do. Can't move to escape the flames to come and can't stun with Marcus for more than 1/2 second and Maggie's silence field doesn't work on these abilities even though her cool down is a bloody 41 seconds and you would either kill the dragon or be killed by the dragon prior to the timer coming up again.

I know I don't post much or at all but I liked this game and would look forward to playing casually for hours on end, even put in a little cash and now after a couple of days of this new version the thrill is fading. Getting killed more and haven't seen much in the way of better loot isn't a recipe for fun in my book. I think less time should have been spent on gimmicks like leaderboards and gem/currency boosters and more on new content - weapons, armor, skills.

I don't know why I'm posting this, just pointing out some observations I guess on where some of these changes have come up short in my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.

Comment

Vauche read the boss guide in the guides section, you are doing the bosses the wrong way.

Comment

Originally posted by Vauche View Post
              I play warrior almost exclusively and I went from standing toe-to-toe with bosses to running around like a chicken with my head cut off because the boss is getting ready to drop the apocalypse on my head.

Originally posted by Humus View Post
              Vauche read the boss guide in the guides section, you are doing the bosses the wrong way.

Nope, sounds to me like he's doing the "new" bosses exactly right, the new "run around like a chicken with your head cut off" way.
              I have two warriors in the top 100, with <1k CL and trash jewelry (lvl 60 amulets) and one of them is +618% Exp, but I'm sure I don't know what I'm talking about.
              VEBA ZULA DIPE 1402
              Name: Lascivious

Playing M&M Since November 26th, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ezcry4t3d View Post
                Nope, sounds to me like he's doing the "new" bosses exactly right, the new "run around like a chicken with your head cut off" way.
                Except that doing them the "right" way does not include running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Elban starts a Life Drain, run far enough away to break it then back into the fray; he starts a Devastating Assault or Assassinate, run out of range, wait for execution then back at it. Calm, controlled, efficient movements; if you are running around randomly then you are doing it inefficiently.

Comment

Originally posted by ezcry4t3d View Post
                  I have two warriors in the top 100, with <1k CL and trash jewelry (lvl 60 amulets) and one of them is +618% Exp, but I'm sure I don't know what I'm talking about.
                  <1K CL is sooo pre-Beta...

Comment

Except that doing them the "right" way does not include running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Elban starts a Life Drain, run far enough away to break it then back into the fray; he starts a Devastating Assault or Assassinate, run out of range, wait for execution then back at it. Calm, controlled, efficient movements; if you are running around randomly then you are doing it inefficiently.
                    Just so. There's moving, and there's "perfectly moving" (just as much as necessary). Compare to a martial artist sidestepping/dodging/blocking blows; sure, I could "achieve the same effect" by just running away from my enemy, but it's not the same thing, is it?

Also, you can fire Deadly Throw while he's draining (and continue to move away while scoring some LoH). You can shoot at him during Devastating Assault. You can keep pounding during most of the Assassinate execution time and move only at the last moments. You can stack too many Assassinates, or the right amount. To avoid the Dragon stun ring (before breath) you can do it in 2secs or in 0.5secs or even less. Etc etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post

<1K CL is sooo pre-Beta...
                      Yeah, which is so weird to me that I'm in the top 100 with so little effort...
                      I'm getting 2-3 CLs every trial with the +618Exp Warrior. Just another 67ish hours of gameplay to 1800 CLs...
                      VEBA ZULA DIPE 1402
                      Name: Lascivious

Playing M&M Since November 26th, 2014

Comment

Well, in spite of the boosted curve, I still meant that as a joke. There's lots of people who haven't made 1K CL, then there's those who are just starting on the LB, then there's those who don't play much, then there's those who lack in skill, and then there's (plenty of) those who just stopped pushing for now until Trial Season starts and the ladder becomes "for real".

You got to consider that each trial level is now a pretty huge difference to the previous one. I can do 90 easily with my XP grinder, 91 sometimes, 92 not at all.

Try the +100% Xp booster - surely you have enough gems.

Comment

Well I'm back after some more hours of playing/reading and figuring this new thing out and I will admit my misgivings are fading. Still a lot of running around, more than I would like and I really, really want the "blazing" speed put back into battle rage but the boss thread was helpful, thank you Humus for pointing that out.

Figured I'd come back since my last post was a bit critical, cynical and retract some of the negative vibe I gave off.

Comment

Originally posted by Vauche View Post
                            and I really, really want the "blazing" speed put back into battle rage
                            You gotta try the BH, is has the blazing speed.

Comment

I like the changes. The additional power balances quickly and pretty soon the trials get a lot harder. Ability seems more important now....

Comment

Elban starts a Life Drain, run far enough away
                                Elban movement speed has been increased by 50%
                                Lolz

Comment

Working...
                                X