ANB Bronze League #23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANB Bronze League #23

Bronze 23 ANB starts today, May 19, at 17:00 UTC. Apple came through on the IOS upgrade to game V1.6.6 (Yay!) We are a go! Good luck to all those participating!

It appears War Supplies will be finishing up. A lot will be going on between now and then, right? So, now is the time to get your ducks in a row and prepare for this 12-hour playtime event, the longest and the BEST (IMHO) for any new player to participate in.

Personally, I still have to finish 5-starring my older warrior then delete her to make room for my new ANB toon. I better get cracking!

Any additional change(s) will be highlighted in red.​
    Last edited by WarriorSeven; 05-19-2023, 04:49 PM.
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

I'll be running a Firelily Mage, need to replace my exp farm 77 Firelily and my push 77 Firelily. Nice to have something to work towards in this one!

Comment

• WarriorSeven
      WarriorSeven commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, Rob, if you don't make a video on this, I for one would be very interested in your thoughts on the effect of the newly buffed Fire Lily has on your mage(s).

P.S. -- You should also work on an avatar for here.
      Last edited by WarriorSeven; 05-16-2023, 11:19 PM.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Will be doing some furious materials / gold farming whilst the short War Supplies is running to try and craft an exp farming 77 ahead of Bronze 23.

My gut feelings for ANB are:-
      Experience Farming Lilybeam : No noticeable difference in TL105 farming. I don't currently put any Power into this build, once you have around CL1400 then map composition and how well you play it is most important in clear times.

Experience Farming Lily DfA : I need to make more tweaks to my current build - remove some AR and use the dual school Fire + Frost. On the mob phase there will be no difference with the Lily buff, they tend to die in a single cast. The boss phase will be interesting. I prefer to farm TL102 since it's a swamp map and you don't get summoned minions on from TBD as you would from Kara at TL105. At TL105 a summoned minion takes some of the DfA fireballs so reducing the hits on Kara. So, assuming TL102 farming...currently ToP + Slayer is an instant kill on TBD so the buff changes nothing. If neither are active it can take 15 - 20 secs to take down the dragon from 3 - 4 casts of DfA so the buff should improve average clear times by 3 - 4 seconds. That adds up to quite a lot over many runs over many hours.

Push Lilybeam : I've previously cleared TL153 in ANB, TL154 had nowhere near enough damage albeit that was a long time ago and I try to line up casts with ToP / Slayer better these days. In ANB I see no reason why TL156 or even TL157 with the buffed Lily - it won't be easy ofc but would be a decent challenge to try.

I am in Veteran League for this ANB Bronze. Are they the same reward for Master League and Contender League for ranking Trial Level?

Comment

• Bali_Lenni
      Bali_Lenni commented
      Editing a comment
      Sama ! (Master Lg. same as your picture)

Relaxed bronze to learn farming with Arcanist, then push with SCR and it seems my dusty old Lilypusher will need a new 77 Firelily (delaying completion of 77SCR set grrr...).
    Happy bronzing all !
    Backyard FireLily (gloriosa superba)
    [ BrokenGarm , LenniGold , LenniXP ]

Comment

I am not getting the Bronze event. It is not showing up. I did do the new game update yesterday on my pc. Any idea why it is not showing up for me? *Update- I had to uninstall and re-install it for it to show up.
      Last edited by Pawado; 05-20-2023, 01:08 AM.
      ZANO QUQU HIMA 4014

Comment

Ability cooking over the weekend until Monday or Tuesday evening. Very much looking forward to experience farming with DfA and Firelily - testing on my main with a sub-optimal build is very promising

Comment

Small update: ARCanist is super fun... and with some practice may well be the perfect farming companion for SCR...
          toying around and changed PoW for ToP and ARCbelt for Versatile belt... ..first impressions good ,yet not sure if it will pass the scrutinous meticoulesness of the veterans
          Backyard FireLily (gloriosa superba)
          [ BrokenGarm , LenniGold , LenniXP ]

Comment

@ BH Kwboom. Nice TL 105

Happy Hunting !

Wisp ~S~ BH

Comment

• Wisp
              Wisp commented
              Editing a comment
              And TL 119.

Hey look at this! Farming 100 with a lesser XP booster for the hey of it and look! Out of nowhere a wild SW warrior appears! Cheers to you my man, whomever you are!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2023-05-22-20-04-07-02_68dbe00f0fcd6dfd7235a3c537a2baa1.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	217900

​​​I am actually playing warrior right now so I can build my Defender set!
            DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

I tried to craft some weapon but appear that message I must connect internet to craft. I played Trial and there is no problem. But when I try to craft again it pop up message. Anyone know why it is?

Comment

• Ariant
                Ariant commented
                Editing a comment
                @Travis
                Yes. Maybe it cause my connection, I'm connect wifi. When I connect with mobile provider, it can craft normally.
                Thank you for the response. :-)

• Travis | Support Mgr.
                Travis | Support Mgr. commented
                Editing a comment
                Try power-cycling your network.

• Bali_Lenni
                Bali_Lenni commented
                Editing a comment
                I think here in Indonesia, well some or most regions anyway, we have quite a fluctuation of connection speed\stability. So it is not necessary to go for the expensive mobile provider direct option if you have a cheaper wifi option. I always play on the big tablet (still not available with sim slot in Indo) hotspotted to the small one nowadays but had exactly the same occurrences when playing "directly".
                Just leave crafting and press the green\blue\red "online button" in top right hand corner and make sure it reads "game saved to device". That usually is enough and it should take your crafts, if not, go back to main menu and make sure it reads "saved to device and server" and then try again and now it really should work.
                In ANB when crafting always keep an eye on the cost ! Sometimes you get the full (non ANB) costs showing up because of a mini connection glitch. Just leaving crafting and going back in resolves that one.
                In ANB when playing higher trials, I sometimes sacrifice a few seconds to greatly lessen the chances of the trial not regestering: again pressing green button before portaling back home and again in hometown before doing any other action. Having had some very bad streaks of trials not registering, I got into the habit and it seems to work.

Please, I am a total dummie when it comes to computer things, so I don't know if there is any logical backing to these little workarounds - they seem to help, so I am sharing these subjective experiences as info anyway...

Progress so far...
              Cooked various abilities until Monday evening, then took a leisurely stroll up to TL60 to grab the Ephemeral cubes. Used them to make a gold farming set and then ran story through to completion - there's so much time in ANB Bronze! With the gold accumulated from that I've made an experience farming set - going with Firelily and DfA. Spent 30 minutes farming at TL82 and once the average clear time was under 50 secs I moved up to TL92. Currently at CL1290 with 2.5 hours played and expect to stick at TL92 until about CL1400 before moving up to my final exp farming map at TL102. I choose The Broken Dragon maps when farming with DfA so that there are no summoned minions to deal with in the boss fight - they can soak up damage on behalf of Kara if you stick to the normal 0 / 5 Trials. Oh, and the 77 Push firelily for Frostbeam is also crafted, so that's the main goal of this ANB dealt with nice and early. If I can craft a lvl 77 Exp Farm ToP for DfA then that'll be a bonus!

Comment

• Bali_Lenni
                Bali_Lenni commented
                Editing a comment
                Had some unusual crafting this ANB. Got my 77 Push firelily at craft #17. Used it for xp while arcanist farming (frost dmg. yipeee!) and reforged it into armor (so far). My second 77 (missing SCR gear) came up early at craft #29 and thanks to Phytia I did not miss it . Then I had to craft all the way to #155 to get close to, but not craft, 77 number 3 . So on average everything returned to normal over "2,5 bags". Good thing I had Darkhold Citadel opened because I was still missing some gold (and silver ore silver ore silver ore) after having farmed xp with xg on jewelry and 2 or 3 gear pieces. Did a lot of testing with arcanist farming and only got to CL 1987. It sure was some nice peace of mind to secure those 77s early on...

Have switched to SCR for a fun push and ended up recrafting all the pieces that had frostdmg. or double nat.\arc.dmg. (was going to keep them for SCR) into simple nature damage simply because I had so much crafting to do to get to the third 77.

First time ever playing Firelily SCR (usually Crit.) and its flowing smoothly so far, but can obviously not compare it to "old" firelily..

Happy pushing everyone ! Semoga Sukses !

157 done : ) Mission accomplished! 6 hours remaining for 158 and 159... Certainly 159 is doable, but 158 will likely need a lot of tries. Maybe will give it a go over the weekend, but overall I'm quite happy with the new lily. It will benefit much more from a 3rd healer than crit beam (because of the much lower buff of ToP compared to ToS, and the higher AR), but I don't want to spend 500 gems on that. Total budget was around 2500 gems. Could achieve the same result with less, but with the daily gems package it's already a net zero event like this, so no need to be extra frugal

Name:	ANB Bronze 23 157.png
Views:	348
Size:	258.1 KB
ID:	217983
              Attached Files
              Mage: Anba
              Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

• WarriorSeven
                WarriorSeven commented
                Editing a comment
                Very interesting ... Thanks for sharing!

Tested out a 6 Havoc FireLily build with different types of unique belts. I used a BoM with bonus damage for MT and another one with bonus damage for HS. Farming XP at TL105, I found that the Trapper belt worked best with my playing style. However, Belt of Ordnance, Molten Belt, and Assasin's belts all produced similar clear times. The biggest difference is not in overall damage, but mostly just in how the damage stats are registered. I typically play 6H with Belt of Ordnance and Heatseeker BoM, but I wanted to test the new bonus damage to Magnetic Trap in this event.

Name:	TL135 Trapper max.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	218000
              Overall, I managed to push the Trapper build to Trial 135, but MT still does not benefit during boss fights so the boss fight took several minutes. Bottom line is that the build works well enough for XP farming [hit 2000CL milestone in just over 6 hours], but it is underpowered for higher level boss fights.

Comment

Name:	Seven.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	218016

So, I really wanted to see if a Fury Warrior can still be still a viable contender, at least in Bronze. Besides, I like to play this build for the most fun (as an average player). This rank was my best Master Event. Certainly not in the top 50 with the meta Juggernauts -- and a few 4Warlord/2Fury hybrids -- but several of us 6F's finished in the top 100. Good to see a mix instead of monoculture -- opens up interest across a broader swath of participants, in my view.

Nothing really unique here for me. I used Fire Lily (non-crit) build to start during XG then XP farming (separate runs, separate builds in 12-hour Bronze), then transitioned to a full 6F Crit build during the last 3 hours or so for final XP gains and Push. If anything was different, the newly buffed Fire Lily afforded much more punch than the previous version (and subsequently, faster kills, faster times on the clock during farming -- all a good thing!).

NOTE TO SELF: I still need to do a better job getting my CL higher up before engaging serious Trial levels (for Bronze, this should be over 2000, ideally 2200+).

With all that said, I may try a hybrid XG/XP farming set in Silver, again with Fire Lily (non-crit build) leading off and then transitioning to Crit for final XP farming and then Trials. Since I already did the 6F this ANB, I'm thinking of the 4W/2F build for ANB Silver, since a lot of my inventory is aligned that way. I've since built out my BH for Season Trials, now I need a new build project.

Anyway, this was a fun one for me, and I come away from the event learning something I should improve upon. Hope you all had a good go at it, as well!
                “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

Ended up too busy in real life to do a proper push. Was playing really badly in any case so stopped at TL144 since the Medal of Knowledge was well and truly secured by that stage. I think my pre-event thoughts back in post #2.2 were pretty on the money. I definitely played a bad build for DfA and can improve that immensely in the future - it absolutely needs Power stats across the board if you are trying to farm TL101+ in under 60 seconds. Lesson learnt!!

Comment

Working...
                  X