Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pros/Cons to keeping/using ANB hero after ANB has ended

Hey all.

Can someone please clarify for for me why it is beneficial to keep and/or use an ANB hero post-ANB events? Some specific questions that might help clear this up:

- I do not think you get to re-use that ANB hero/character for another or the next ANB, right?

- I believer that all shared items and remaining items (except for epherimal/etc) just get transferred to the main account hero/character, or more specifically they do not stay with the ended ANB hero/character in any way?

- What are the pros/cons of keeping and ANB hero or keeping them and playing them as your main hero/character? My main hero/character is a much higher level so I am not sure I understand why I would want to switch to a much lower level ANB hero/character as some threads suggested.

Done some searching of the forum but have not found any posts to clear this up for me, although a couple touched on the topic but were...confusing...

- I do not think you get to re-use that ANB hero/character for another or the next ANB, right?
    Yes, the hero becomes one of your standard 5 (max) and cannot be used for any future ANB

- I believer that all shared items and remaining items (except for epherimal/etc) just get transferred to the main account hero/character, or more specifically they do not stay with the ended ANB hero/character in any way?
    If you have the free slot to keep the ANB hero, then all items in that hero's inventory (minus ephemerals) stays, stuff in the ANB storage are sent via in-game mail. Your ex-ANB hero will have access to your account's Storage, so you can pass what ever item you want to that hero.

- What are the pros/cons of keeping and ANB hero or keeping them and playing them as your main hero/character? My main hero/character is a much higher level so I am not sure I understand why I would want to switch to a much lower level ANB hero/character as some threads suggested.
    I believe most players keep the ANB hero for gems farming - clearing all the story maps 5 times each. There's also the possibility of using that char to attempt at crafting a level 77 item - depending on how many they already crafted during ANB.

All your Heroes shares the same Champion Exp pool, so they'll actually all be at the same level (once they've reach level 70 that is). The exception would be how many skills you have upgraded...

It's also a cheap way to get another fully unlocked Hero, since the gems cost for unlocking slots is a LOT cheaper in ANB than for the standard hero.
    Eternium Files - links and details

Comment

…also a chance to use up any left over Books of Learning on the new character.

(I always keep 5 characters running and I may swap for an ANB character just to measure how the game’s internal are running.)

Comment

I don't need five fully developed heros so I use one to run story levels for gems. I also use it to run the dailies.Once I've done all (or most) of the levels five times I delete it and replace it with an ANB hero and do it all again. It can get get tedious but you get a lot of gems that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post

All your Heroes shares the same Champion Exp pool, so they'll actually all be at the same level (once they've reach level 70 that is). The exception would be how many skills you have upgraded....

That was a major clarification I did not realize before, thanks. I misunderstood the 'share champion exp' thing simply to mean they moved over to the main character....

I guess now that I understand that....You do bring up a good point about how much significantly cheaper it would have been to have a fully unlocked ANB character and use that moving forward, but I am guessing there is no way to bring all those resources over to a fully unlocked ANB character?

I have a lot of gemstones, books, resources, multiple high level armor sets, etc in my main character because that is where I was importing everything, I am guessing that is where they will stay now?

If I cannot move stuff from my main character, it almost sounds like the smart thing to do is cheaply/fully unlock an ANB character and then use that as your main account moving forward?

Comment

• Nhat
            Nhat commented
            Editing a comment
            There's the Stash for storing/passing stuff, all your "mains" have access to it.

Only gems and medals can be shared between the main account and the ANB character. Anything else is a blank slate (it's a New Beginning after all). But whatever is achieved during the ANB profits to the main account at some point: XP, gold, drops, Celestial Transforms and Glory, to name a few. And most of all, a fresh crafting history for that character, and crafting costs significantly reduced.

The cheap unlocks are worthwhile on their own for the first heroes, but once you'll have a couple of them further heroes will end up like lost packaging, so to speak (because the slots are limited). Once I've 5-starred Story Mode and squeezed out all the good crafts I could, the hero is going bye-bye without further ado.

Comment

Originally posted by Mxtof View Post
            Only gems and medals can be shared between the main account and the ANB character. Anything else is a blank slate (it's a New Beginning after all). But whatever is achieved during the ANB profits to the main account at some point: XP, gold, drops, Celestial Transforms and Glory, to name a few. And most of all, a fresh crafting history for that character, and crafting costs significantly reduced.

The cheap unlocks are worthwhile on their own for the first heroes, but once you'll have a couple of them further heroes will end up like lost packaging, so to speak (because the slots are limited). Once I've 5-starred Story Mode and squeezed out all the good crafts I could, the hero is going bye-bye without further ado.

So.....is there any way I can use all the gemstones and/or resources and/or armour/weapons (or the "unsharable" stuff) in my main account to boost or help a new ANB character?

It is probably worth it to give all that up and fully unlock a new character, but it feels like a shame and a waste...I have a lot of level 6 gemstones there frick...

Comment

hmm... Ok, it might be simpler to think of your main and ANB as 2 separate accounts that share Gems, Medals & Crafting Level + Recipes.

1. Main account:
              - Can have up to 5 active Heroes, so technically, you can have 5 "mains"
              - Each Heroes have their own Exp for level 1 to 70 - they all share the same Champion Exp pool, and thus will all be at the same Champion level, if you have any (even a newly created level 1 Hero)
              - You can pass things between these Heroes via the Storage box in Oldinn - to the right of Alarion, labeled as "Your Stash"
              - Celestial items are bound to the hero that you use to do the binding with, so be sure that you're going to keep that "main" before applying CT - if you delete that particular Hero later, then the CT'ed item is useless and should be salvaged.

2. ANB account:
              - Starts fresh for each ANB
              - Shares the Medals, Gems & Crafting Level + Recipes from main account.
              - Can only have 1 active Hero at a time, can delete and make another during the event - but don't do this too often... (may get flagged for "crafting exploit")
              - ANB stash will also persists and can be accessed by subsequent ANB heroes during this event.
              - When you end the ANB event, the ANB account is deleted - after all the transfer stuff is done.

After you end the ANB account, if there's an opened slot in your main, the ANB hero will then become a "main" hero, thus have access to all your stuff in the main Stash.

Edit: screenshots for clarity
              - 2 "accounts": 5 heroes in "main", 1 for ANB
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20240326_125324_Eternium.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.4 KB ID:	221985

- location of the Stash
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20240326_125345_Eternium.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.7 KB ID:	221983

- my collection stash page.
              The silver one is available at the start, 2 rows each page - you need to unlock rows with Gold & tabs with Gems (I think, been a while...)
              The yellow & blue ones are purchased with money, but they come fully unlocked - and will also be fully unlocked for ANB "account" too, separate one from main of course.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20240326_125352_Eternium.jpg Views:	0 Size:	129.1 KB ID:	221984
              Last edited by Nhat; 03-26-2024, 02:08 AM.
              Eternium Files - links and details

Comment

Well frick, did not realize the stash was actually shared between all non-ANB heros...that pretty much solves most of it!

And BTW, you guys are awesome, thanks!

Comment

• WarriorSeven
                  WarriorSeven commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Helpful tips, as usual, from @Nhat.

To add, I think the "extra" Stash Space are one-time purchases and are some of the best "buys" in the game, available to your ANB toon as well. Once purchased, you won't have to spend any more ANB gems to unlock more space (the extra stash pages made available are plenty!).

Just remember, it's extra "space" for use by your ANB during the event; the extra stash does NOT "share" items stored by your Main(s) items with your ANB toon.
              Working...
              X