Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero medal anb test (warrior, defender set)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This dudes advice put me in top 50 players this ANB. I've been playing like 5 weeks. He's backed up every claim with stats and you've just said "you know what you did".

Comment

I've been following this convo to see how it plays out, but I want to chime in to assure everyone that nobody is "whitelisted" and allowed to cheat, regardless of how much money they spend. That accusation is completed unfounded and absurd.

Comment

The REAL question here is: How many posts has Travis averaged/hour to achieve 2,147,484,941 since January 2012?

I blame RuneScape.

Comment

• Quazihoto
          Quazihoto commented
          Editing a comment
          To quote a good friend of mine Bupu. Two, no more than two!

• Travis | Support Mgr.
          Travis | Support Mgr. commented
          Editing a comment
          My join date is real (I've worked for Making Fun for over a decade). My post count is an old running joke.

• Swamp Donkey
          Swamp Donkey commented
          Editing a comment
          I think this joke runs back to when we first hit a billion doesn't it?

I kinda figgured, I'm waiting on someone to get the Bupu (Dragonlance) refrence.

Comment

I stumbled on to this "spat" while looking for information about armor versus vitality and I have come to a firm decision\belief.

Arin, that was handled very professionally and was well argued. I'll admit to looking at the fast amount of medals that the top 10% that I've checked have and figured that that was a distinct advantage. I asked a while back on discord about how players were making sub 20 runs during ANB events. I was given the blanket response of look at their CL level, gear, blah, blah, blah. Especially when I'm running nearly identical stats and the only difference seems to be experience and medals.
          I started playing back in 2017 and while I'll admit to messing around with a trainer then I also never played any events. I only ran across this game again few months ago. My account was nerfed, CL zeroed, over half my inventory gone, etc. And let me tell you, it would be nearly impossible to cheat very much without being caught because everyone can see your stats.
          Well I'm still not sure of the exact mechanics of how they are pushing more DPS than me, I was still in TL150s with sub 60s in the TL110s in the last ANB. I did purchase one package to give me a boost at the start but I don't know how much money the top 10s may or may not have spent. Nor do I really care because everybody else has that same exact opportunity. The only advantage they have over us is time in game. They are not harboring some ultimate secret or cheat to make themselves feel important.
          If it was up to me this is what I would do:
          - Put together a beginner's guide and put a link to it in the actual game because digging through the years worth of post is a pain in the rear!
          - Create an event similar to Survive the Land that removes medals to even the field a little better or be under a certain level on your main account. This could be done with either account age or CL level. Heck you could even use a difficulty selector like on storyline with an equivalent reward balance.

In the end it doesn't really matter because people are going to complain. I have yet to interact with an OG player that didn't at least try to be helpful. So once again good job Arin and thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X