Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vedova
    commented on 's reply
    Back when I had more control over my time, I enjoyed some cooperative multiplayer games. Scheduling times when everyone could be online together was a challenge for teams with people from various nations and time zones. However, there were ways we could cooperate asynchronously as well as engage in satisfying solitary play. If you can achieve this with Artemis, that would be great!

• Travis | Support Mgr.
    commented on Guest's reply
    I can't wait for you guys to see Artemis!

Guest commented on Guest's reply
    Absolutely. Arcana gave me an 'old school' vibe. Would I play it? Maybe. Would I stick around for the long haul? No. I sunk thousands of hours into Shaiya, double that in Guild Wars 2, and I still need to do a lot of catching up in that one too. We might get lucky and see some of Arcana map stuff in Artemis, rotate the camera up, change the game controls 'et voila' a re-purposed map now arpg style!

• Pawado
    Artemis sounds interesting. Looking forward to it. I doubt I would play Arcana. I am not up for another MMORPG again. I played Last Chaos for 7 years. What a blast that game was but I just can't do another one. Too much time and money sunk into it! I am very happy with Eternium

• Adrian (Developer)
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, feedback is what we want, thank you for providing it. About multiplayer, yes, one of the challenges is to make it meaningful by rewarding cooperation between players with intrinsic rewards. That means it should not give you more power (extrinsic rewards), and it definitely should not be mandatory to experience the game. Also the focus will be on cooperative multiplayer.

• Ozymandius
    replied
    Thanks for the update on progress. Looking forward to kicking the tires on the new game...

Leave a comment:

• adolf_2003
    replied
    Great job Devs, looking forward to it.

Leave a comment:

• Arawn
    replied
    Cool. I'll never forget the feeling of discovering Eternium six years ago and playing through story mode for the first time. Will be nice to experience that again

Leave a comment:

• Vedova
    replied
    Thanks for the info! I assume you want feedback? So here are my thoughts on Artemis, which will hopefully be released in closed alpha sometime in 2023.

I am glad that it will be cross-platform, since that is essential for me. New worlds to explore, new features, and more character customization all sound exciting. I enjoy the artistry of Eternium, and I expect Artemis will offer more of that. I wonder, though, about the multiplayer part.

I have limited experience with multiplayer games, mainly because they don't mesh well with the various demands on my time. Eternium works for me because I can play for minutes or for hours, whenever time permits, without needing to coordinate schedules with anyone. Will Artemis have a single-player mode that provides a satisfying experience for those with an unpredictable schedule? Otherwise, if team play is required to fully experience the game, I will move on to something else. That's OK, and I wish the best of success to Adrian, Travis et al. I have greatly enjoyed Eternium and will continue to do so as long as it continues to offer cross-platform single-player fun. I just wanted to explain what makes Eternium a great game for me (and possibly some other players).

Leave a comment:

Shaiya was such a good game even with the long grind, shame the publisher greed got too bad in the end with those monthly spender tiers getting insanely expensive. Guild Wars 2 came out and I jumped ship right away!

• Travis | Support Mgr.
    I thought I was the only one who had ever played Shaiya! It was a fun MMORPG for what it was.

Thank you for the clarifications Adrian, very much appreciated. I got the impression that Artemis was a recent decision but nice to see what you did achieve with Arcana. I'm looking forward to seeing the game development blog - will that be part of the Making Fun forum website or something entirely new?

• Adrian (Developer)
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you. Not as good as it would look after some polishing iterations

• Adrian (Developer)
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you! More updates to come very soon.

• Adrian (Developer)
    We are not yet ready to release gameplay footage from Artemis, but we will be very soon. The golden standard is that greater studios than Dream Primer release gameplay footage after they are years into development, and they do have a marketing department taking care of the logistics. I also understand why, they don't want to create speculations or present their creation in an unpolished state.

However, we are a smaller indie studio. We do have the luxury to start a game development blog and discuss interesting game design choices and technology. On that blog we are going to post w.i.p. footage from Artemis.

Because we put Arcana on hold we felt the need to share with the community what we have been working on, even in an unpolished state.

Dream Primer will fully focus on Artemis and will use our game development experience to support the Making Fun team with the Eternium port for Unity.
Working...
X