Auto Attack after Move On failing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Attack after Move On failing

Title explains it all. Very random, but auto attack after moving on will not work some times. Playing BH, attacking a large crowd with move and shoot, all of a sudden character stops shooting.

Maybe you turned off the new auto-attack after casting to OFF? Are you casting an ability after moving?

Comment

That's a negative on it being turned off. When the issue first occured the first thing I checked were my settings. I've even done the IT first step of turn it off and turn it on again. Still occurs. Entirely randomly too I might add.

Comment

Have you tried clearing the app data?

Comment

• Dudeface
          Dudeface commented
          Editing a comment
          How's that going to affect my characters with two events ending so soon?

• Travis | Support Mgr.
          Travis | Support Mgr. commented
          Editing a comment
          As long as you've created an Eternium account using your email address, clearing the app data won't affect your progress.

• Dudeface
          Dudeface commented
          Editing a comment
          Cleared all app data. Still experiencing the issue.

Again, the timing is completely random. Character will still be "attached" to the target (type and health bar shows in upper right), but randomly after moving will simply do nothing else. At this point the character will only reengage target after tapping on target or a casting.

Has there been an opportunity to look into this bug in the system yet? As mentioned above I did clear all app data and it still persists.

Comment

Just adding my 2c... it's been flaky since the introduction of the new "auto attack after ability" function... so there may be some interference...

No real pattern identified so far, as it is intermittent for me, and generally doesn't affect my gameplay...
          Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

• Dudeface
            Dudeface commented
            Editing a comment
            It doesn't affect gameplay that much for me until things compound on it, like tap somewhere to move and the calibration does something else (move elsewhere, attack enemy half a screen away, etc.).

It's also a bit of a shame that the support for this has been a request to try basic steps, then a shrug and a move on when that doesn't work.

• Nhat
            Nhat commented
            Editing a comment
            Dudeface that's because there is nothing that support (aka Travis) can actually do, other than submit the bug report and hope/pray/wish/etc that the devs will actually look at it and (more hope/pray/wish/etc) that they will/can fix it... in the meantime, the players will carry on, or not...

• Travis | Support Mgr.
            Travis | Support Mgr. commented
            Editing a comment
            ^this^
            Thanks Nhat.

Seems like a pretty messed up system to try to call it "support" when even the Support Manager agrees that all that happens is a relay of bug report, and hey, MAYBE the engineers will take a look if they feel like it.

I'm a newb to posting, but have been playing a while and looking through the forum for a while as well. A lot of common problems/complaints seem to remain persistent in gameplay without change, and there's communication going in one direction from players up, and not much comms going the other direction back to the customer.

Why even have a "support" button in the game? Call it the only thing it is, a Forum. Both buttons take you to the same place anyways.

Just noticing the difference between old school gamers that actually put effort into creating and maintaining fun games, and people who just use that line to try to appeal to people to get more customers...
          Last edited by Dudeface; 07-16-2021, 01:14 AM.

Comment

• StGeorge688
            StGeorge688 commented
            Editing a comment
            Some bug introduced years ago are still there while they change things that are not necessary. They might as well just eliminate the scatter gun from the game as it has been useless since they tried to even the playing field for PvP a year ago so that you can not attack off screen. But guess what. Mages stun me from off screen and I am dead without ever seeing them. Warriors jump on me and stun me before I see them also. Smoke helps only sometimes as it seems that the opponent can still see you. Resume after moving has been buggy for a few years nows. The out of memory error has been there ever since I can remember and used to be once every 3 or 4 days. Now it happens as often as twice a day. The out of boundary problems have been sporadic for Trials for years or getting stuck behind trees. Now with Act II, repeating levels for gold is gold is not going to go over well with the 30 second penalty. Now the only way I can kill short enemies is to back up and shoot them as if they are to close I shoot over their heads. With the problem of the resume attack after move, I have to waste a an ability to kill so weak of an enemy.
        Working...
        X