Enough With The Trial Upscaling, Okay? :-\

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nikko.mendoza89 View Post

By the way, what's the trial level? Set equips, and CL level you have? I'm curious because I never faced any hardship with my Mage until Trial 95 because I lack some skill in circling around and some base stats due to RNG drops. Do you already have 6/6 Apprentice? Because even though it's not read by the system to add as Sheet DPS, it increases your total damage in no way accurate to 20-30% per immolate proc depending on the mobs hit and the AOE active on those mobs overall per run in the map?
    In addition, I just realized Mage scales incredibly well and really high compared to BH and Warrior when they get a decent to high amount of Haste, CD, CR, and Power. Like CL500-700 is really different than lower CL's (just as an example).
    Bounty Hunters: Aice Sang (Assault), Natalia (Stalker)

Mage: Seulgi (Exp), Suzybae (ANB 3 3rd & Live-LB 11th)

Warrior: Asuna

FIRU VARI WAFI 3808 (Mobile & PC)

Comment

Originally posted by Melchiah View Post
      TL96, 1002K Damage, 100K Toughness. Playing on TL91, I've got Healers who were annihilated after one draw rotation at around 920K now taking three draw rotations, with their healing nearly outpacing my DPS. That's not supposed to be happening.

Enemy damage output seems higher too, and enemy count and elite rates shot way up after I added that extra Damage. Seems to be happening on all TLs.

I've suspected that it was happening since I started playing, but my Mage's most recent Damage increase was pretty steep given that it required no play time. So the upscaling was drastic and immediate enough for me to really notice this time.

What I'm saying is that even though I'm on TL96 now and cleared TL91 with much less DPS, TL91 is now behaving as if it were several TLs higher based on how it's soaking an almost 100K increase in Damage as if it weren't even there. That was a 10% increase in Damage on my end versus what is supposed to be static TL-specific values.

It reeks.
      What did you trade for the extra damage?

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant View Post

What did you trade for the extra damage?
        I think that 10% increase in Damage didn't really do much in a flat rate. I'm curious to see what they end up figuring with what he said.

Comment

I think that 10% increase in Damage didn't really do much in a flat rate. I'm curious to see what they end up figuring with what he said.
          So to get the extra damage he had to change stats .I wanted to know what he changed from and to so I could try to make sense of wy he's doing worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant View Post

So to get the extra damage he had to change stats .I wanted to know what he changed from and to so I could try to make sense of wy he's doing worse.
            Okay. So just today morning while travelling, I tried to complete Trial 96 with 769k DMG 130k Toughness and 16k Recovery. First attempt, I died 4 times so I lost those precious seconds to clear (curse those random missiles that aren't visible during Immolate Blizzard Singularity combo. Then I figured I should stand at one place unless I'm spamming AL 10x, so everytime Im casting AB, I move every 2 seconds circling around mobs. For some reason, I'm getting used to circling around tons of mobs and avoiding 3 healers or 2 that are elite to save time. Not sure if I got lucky with my map but on my second attempt I finished TL 96 with those stats with almost 1 minute left on the clock.

What I realize is, it DOES MAKES IT EASIER to clear trials if you prioritize HASTE over POWER. I've been stacking POWER and leaving Haste at 5 ASPD but this time, when I got a new apprentice tunic that provides Haste and some DMG because I figured having 1571 AR isn't that good via mobile, I pushed to throw my CL points to Haste until I reach 6.01 ASPD.

Guess what? As soon as I keep using Vortex on tons of mobs into 10x AL before I cast Singularity, double clone, and Blizzard, I felt strong enough that I clear mobs easily comparable to my previous setup with Frost beam. This one's more reliable because they don't need to be in a single spot. It's also good against Magroth given that FB isn't really that good vs him.

I'll post an update with my screenshots later (because I finished it offline) when I get home because I don't think I'm repeating Trial 96 given that 97 is now open.

P.S. I'm not so sure if it's easy for me because of what Melchiah said that it MIGHT be scaling with Sheet DPS. My sheet DPS is far lower at only 769K. Also, I'm afraid it will be hard to clear TL 97 as I feel the struggle on beating the clock. I just got lucky that there are a lot of normal mobs in a short area so I was able to summon Magroth quite early than my previous run and I only died once before doing so.

Vagrant - Not sure but I think he mentioned losing a few toughness and ASPD (0.5/0.05) to get the additional 100k Sheet DPS based on his previous post.
            Last edited by Suzy.Bae; 06-08-2018, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Map variance is huge, especially at high trials. Some maps I can clear mobs in 6:30-7:00, very few I could clear in 5:00. At *gasp* the same sheet DPS.
              Dyoma Crown
              Dyoma Crown Total: 434

Mage: 143
              Warrior (DW): 148
              BH: 143

Warrior (SW): 138

Comment

The scaling you're feeling is the 8% HP increase per trial and your CL (DPS) is likely going up as well. At lower trials your hero equipment, skill, and DPS combination increases at a rate that exceeds the 8% HP increase. Once your hero begins to plateau, that 8% increase is much more prominent.

I realize that I'm talking to one person (a pro) with an unchangeable opinion, but most of us feel the need to respond to these threads as an attempt to clear the air for the other readers.
                Dyoma Crown

Comment

Originally posted by orion_134 View Post
                  The scaling you're feeling is the 8% HP increase per trial and your CL (DPS) is likely going up as well. At lower trials your hero equipment, skill, and DPS combination increases at a rate that exceeds the 8% HP increase. Once your hero begins to plateau, that 8% increase is much more prominent.

I realize that I'm talking to one person (a pro) with an unchangeable opinion, but most of us feel the need to respond to these threads as an attempt to clear the air for the other readers.
                  I bet those are other factors. I'm now at rank 508 beating trial 97 with lower sheet damage. Will try 98 now wihout much CL increase in mobile good luck to me. The patch updates also showed the near 3x more increase in enemy toughness per trial so i guess that's what he felt. As for healers, yeah, elites heal a crazy ton and I avoid them.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Your toughness is good enough for 103 on mobile, even higher on PC.
                    Dyoma Crown

Comment

Your toughness is good enough for 103 on mobile, even higher on PC.
                      What about damage? I feel like it's really low. When I check anyone near me, their damage are way higher than me the lowest being 850k if I remember correctly.

Well, I almost never touched my Mage back then so I guess that's why I don't have the best items yet.

Comment

What about damage? I feel like it's really low. When I check anyone near me, their damage are way higher than me the lowest being 850k if I remember correctly.

Well, I almost never touched my Mage back then so I guess that's why I don't have the best items yet.
                        Yeah,the damage is a bit low.But given your CLs it may just be fine.check what others have in terms of CLs and it my be the reason why others near you have way higher damage.Of course it could be quality of gears and other items as well.

Comment

Once you drop some vit you'll gain DPS.
                          Dyoma Crown

Comment

Once you drop some vit you'll gain DPS.
                            But as OP says, gain DPS and you need more Vit. hmm, what to doooo

Comment

Originally posted by Tessla View Post

But as OP says, gain DPS and you need more Vit. hmm, what to doooo
                              True,balancing is ultimately what it is about,balancing of survivability and firepower that is.Of course after a point,no amount of balancing will allow for further trial progress due to ridiculous enemy firepower and strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Primus View Post

Of course after a point,no amount of balancing will allow for further trial progress due to ridiculous enemy firepower and strength.
                                But with the recent trial upscaling it gets even tougher to get the balance right in lower trials

Comment

Working...
                                X