Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please, stop the ads for paying players.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my gosh! This thread has gotten so long for such a starter..

TL;DR - You want gems, buy the 30-day gem pack.

Want more? Purchase more or buy them directly.

You don't? Play hard.

You want the best of both worlds? No you can't get that. (Not in any online game that I played on).

There's no argument here. Probably this is just a senseless suggestion as far as I've read from start to finish (or at least when I got tired).

One last say. Ads are for non-payers. Period. If you're willing to spend/donate, then purchase a pack or gems directly. The argument is invalid.

And oh? Before I forget, I think these guys are bargaining for some cheaper way to get gems. Not happening under a good quality control's watch.
    Bounty Hunters: Aice Sang (Assault), Natalia (Stalker)

Mage: Seulgi (Exp), Suzybae (ANB 3 3rd & Live-LB 11th)

Warrior: Asuna

FIRU VARI WAFI 3808 (Mobile & PC)

Comment

Originally posted by xrobau View Post
      I just thought it would be a better idea to skip the middle man.
      I didn't want to spend any more time stating obvious things that you seem to keep missing, but here we go:

Your suggestion is built around the premise that you don't like ads; I'm gonna go out on a limb here and claim that I know a certain fact about all Eternium players... *drum-roll*: "No one likes ads".
      But (and that's a big "but", I cannot lie): some people don't like paying cash, more than they don't like ads. So, by making that wild assumption that "it's better to skip the middle man" and pay $$ to get gems instead of just watching ads, you're invalidating a whole bunch of people who can only afford the currency of "time" to get gems.

Time has a different value for different people. In fact, time can have a different value for the same person. The 30 seconds to watch an ad is worth a lot more when it's during my 10 minute break from work, than when I am waiting for an hour in the doctor's office. A night shift security guard who watches every single ad during their endless 8-hour shift, may watch 0 ads during an event when he/she wants to maximise their XP farming. A 2-hour commute on the bus, Vs a 10 minute break in the wc. So many examples.

In an ideal world, nobody would have to watch ads and if the MF team can be convinced to shift the costs elsewhere to allow people to get e.g. 5 gems on every TL run, everybody would be happy.
      But as it stands, watching ads is the only free way to get gems for the people who can't or won't pay $$. Which means that any suggestion that involves replacing one currency (time) with another one (cash), represents a lot less Eternium players than you assume when you say "it will be better like that".
      I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by xrobau View Post
        I'm 100% certain someone DID change something.
        I'm 100% certain no one changed anything and I'm the one here with access to the logs.

Comment

I think the OP suggests something like this, but he never came up with the actual example.

His suggestion is that MF should add to the store something like this;
          "*Pay 10$ monthly - Get the ability to skip the ads that come out of the ad boxes and instantly get the rewards instead* ***Only available for 200 ad boxes a month for 1 account*"(to prevent exploits)
          (Numbers to be decided by the company of course)

Never seen something like this in any game so far but there is this solution for the discussion going on between some people.
          Even though this is possible, it's very unusual. Who knows maybe game companies will come up with something similar in the future so that everyone has more options.

Edit: Now that I think more about it, I've seen 1 mobile game in the past, don't remember its name, but it had some in game currency like gems. These special gems were sold in the store and they had only 1 purpose. Whenever you see an ad, you have the option to use this special in game currency to skip the ad and get the rewards instantly.
          This can easily be another option to my first example.
          Last edited by Narcostic; 06-30-2018, 03:12 PM.
          CL2020+ BH main

Comment

Originally posted by Narcostic View Post
            I think the OP suggests something like this, but he never came up with the actual example.

His suggestion is that MF should add to the store something like this;
            "*Pay 10$ monthly - Get the ability to skip the ads that come out of the ad boxes and instantly get the rewards instead* ***Only available for 200 ad boxes a month for 1 account*"(to prevent exploits)
            (Numbers to be decided by the company of course)

Never seen something like this in any game so far but there is this solution for the discussion going on between some people.
            Even though this is possible, it's very unusual. Who knows maybe game companies will come up with something similar in the future so that everyone has more options.

Edit: Now that I think more about it, I've seen 1 mobile game in the past, don't remember its name, but it had some in game currency like gems. These special gems were sold in the store and they had only 1 purpose. Whenever you see an ad, you have the option to use this special in game currency to skip the ad and get the rewards instantly.
            This can easily be another option to my first example.
            Completely unnecessary. It's already on sale in the gem store. And you don't have to even play long enough to get that many boxes, or click on the elusive little things.

If the ads provided something unique that is only gotten by watching them, then he would have a point. But as has been stated, the request boils down to: wants to not watch ads, wants gems, willing to pay for them. All those things are already possible with the current packs. The fact that they come all at once instead of 5 gems at a time, over hundreds of separate boxes, is irrelevant. Gems are gems, doesn't matter if they came from an ad box or from the gem store.

Let's say that after the crafting system is revamped, and then maybe there's some crafting pieces in the boxes instead of gems. Then he would have an excellent point, and I would switch from saying this is just dumb, to saying it is an excellent idea, since I assume those pieces won't be on sale directly. But currently it's an absolutely unnecessary request, since money will already buy gems and give you the opportunity to not have to watch ads.
            ANB#3 Mage rank #91 TL95
            Exclusively mobile player

Comment

Originally posted by tshell View Post
              Completely unnecessary. It's already on sale in the gem store. And you don't have to even play long enough to get that many boxes, or click on the elusive little things.
              You're missing the point. My examples require you to still play the game as you normally would and keep clicking the boxes. This means you have to keep playing the game regularly which creates another bound between the player and the game to get what you paid for. Making the customers play for the longest time = profit. You always want loyal players.

Think about it, you're buying in-game currency in another way, not as in bulk, not by watching ads, but by having the option to skip the ads and save time.
              As the company, you still get money as they watched those ads, probably even more because you would sell this option by adding small extra profit to it.

There are people who won't buy the gems in bulk because they can't afford it or they think it's not worth it for the value. And there are people who won't watch those ads because they don't want to. Yes, no one likes ads but some people HATE ads which means you won't be able to sell those ads to those people and make profit from them. The ways I talked about in the eariler post would bring you more profit. Why? You will make more costumers pay to you who hates ads and won't buy gems in bulk but willing to play the game and still hunt those ad boxes. Plus, as a company, you have the oportunity to sell ads in BULK to those people who HATES them and won't watch them or watch very small marigin of them.

There are even more benefits to this which I won't list them all right now.
              Think about the big picture.

the request boils down to: wants to not watch ads, wants gems, willing to pay for them. All those things are already possible with the current packs.
              This doesn't make it "completely unnecessary". Options are always good, brings more profit.

The fact that they come all at once instead of 5 gems at a time, over hundreds of separate boxes, is irrelevant.
              What? I never said make it all come at once. Read both of my previous instances in the previous post again.

Gems are gems, doesn't matter if they came from an ad box or from the gem store.
              I'm lost.
              Last edited by Narcostic; 06-30-2018, 10:22 PM.
              CL2020+ BH main

Comment

The idea to actually disable/not watch ads but get the values by paying is self-centered, and is very subjective to the point of reason why no such game does that.

Ads are something players can use to get gems regardless if they're willing to pay or not and they have the option to disable it as well if they don't want it.

It would look like it's better for the company to listen to such suggestions but it will even push this game to the P2W everyone doesn't want it to be.

How about everyone thinks of buying the 30-day packs because they love this game, want it to grow, and think that the money 'DONATED' is worth the experience/enjoyment you're having while playing the game? That's the least we can do. I personally did this multiple times and still did this recently (cause I initially planned to grind EXP outside of ANB, since I don't play as much as others). Sadly, the delay in releasing the beta updates made to Android available back to PC and iOs is holding me down.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy.Bae View Post
                  It would look like it's better for the company to listen to such suggestions but it will even push this game to the P2W everyone doesn't want it to be.
                  I completely disagree with this since the game already has micro-transactions and gems has 2 different ways to obtain through them. (30 day pack and in-bulk) A third way to obtain gems via micro transaction would not make the game P2W. Not even close.

My point is that that OP's suggestion is not "completely unnecessary" or "dumb". Is it a favorible practice for the company? We don't know about that. That's up to them. But it's beneficial to both company and the players.
                  CL2020+ BH main

Comment

I completely disagree with this since the game already has micro-transactions and gems has 2 different ways to obtain through them. (30 day pack and in-bulk) A third way to obtain gems via micro transaction would not make the game P2W. Not even close.

My point is that that OP's suggestion is not "completely unnecessary" or "dumb". Is it a favorible practice for the company? We don't know about that. That's up to them. But it's beneficial to both company and the players.
                    It's not. Cause it basically defeats the purpose/essence of why Ads, 30-day gem packs, and gem in bulk even existed in the first place.

This is comparable to a teacher giving you assignments (for students to catch up), and you can pay your teacher so that you don't do assignments but still get good grades. There's the remedial class (30-day pack), and parent-teacher agreement to help the student more than just a remedial, more like a compromise/once-off chance to let the student either progress/graduate (gem in bulk). Might not be a good comparison but I just feel like comparing it. ROFL

Comment

It's not.
                      It is. I already explained why.

it basically defeats the purpose/essence of why Ads, 30-day gem packs, and gem in bulk even existed in the first place.
                      This is not a false statement. Neither mine
                      CL2020+ BH main

Comment

I buy gems and also watch ads to get more gems, didn't have any problem with that =)

Comment

It is. I already explained why.

This is not a false statement. Neither mine

Me: The idea to actually disable/not watch ads but get the values by paying is self-centered, and is very subjective to the point of reason why no such game does that.
                          Mine is also not a false statement. If it is flawed, then do a research on games/companies that do that. But there's none. So there's no argument that what's currently up is what is should be. Good to go. I'm out of this.

Comment

Working...
                          X