Event hackers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event hackers?

12 hours after the event went live these two are the EXACT same level and in first and second place... everyone else is in the 400's. Unless I am missing something this greatly saddens me because I was enjoying this game. I have screenshots but it wont let me post them, they are both Champ level 1999.

Event of hacker

Comment

its the same with BH

Comment

The devs will trim out hackers before giving out the final leaderboard rewards, plus those accounts will be banned as well.

They may be a bit slower to response right now though, since Travis is currently away, due to family matters, and can only check on the forum every now and then.

re screen shot, since it was your first post, the permissions were restricted until approved. You should be able to post them now.
        Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Exactly. Don't worry about hackers, the final leaderboards are scrutinized with a fine-toothed comb and any cheaters removed and banned before rewards are distributed (and rankings are updated). For example, if you are #11 at the end of the event and 2 hackers are removed from the top 10, you will receive the rewards for being #9.

Comment

It's better IMHO if y'all would pay attention during the event and ban the hackers along the way.
            VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Push down, pop up. If we ban them before the event ends, we'll just have to do it again before rewards are distributed because they'll make new accounts. It makes more sense to only push them down once.

Comment

Originally posted by ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.) View Post
                Push down, pop up. If we ban them before the event ends, we'll just have to do it again before rewards are distributed because they'll make new accounts. It makes more sense to only push them down once.
                Or, y'all could determine the hacker's method, close the loophole(s), ban them. Rinse & repeat.

That would be the more "player friendly" way to go. And by that I mean paying-customer-would-be-more-likely-to-compete way to go.

VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

If software engineering were easy, everyone would do it.

Comment

No matter how much time is spent modifying the code, when you have a game that sends data over to internet there are always going to be ways to mess with and fake that data. As well as client side cheating like automation etc. Really it makes more sense to do what is done by the dev team, which is to weed out the obvious cheaters with bans. Otherwise it's a huge task that would take way too much time and end up being pretty intrusive anyway. I mean how popular has WoW been, with a AAA company behind it, and yet they still struggle with hacking and automation.

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post

Or, y'all could determine the hacker's method, close the loophole(s), ban them. Rinse & repeat.

That would be the more "player friendly" way to go. And by that I mean paying-customer-would-be-more-likely-to-compete way to go.

My primitive roots find it more satisfying to see them punished right after they have spent their time and effort for a whole week. I know, slightly sadistic, but it feels nice
                      I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.) View Post
                        If software engineering were easy, everyone would do it.
                        Because it's probably the only job where you can get away with *breaking* things rather than fixing them, and still get paid?

SW Eng. is a skill that can be learnt - same as a foreign language, a musical instrument, plowing a field, or how to coach and support angry customers in an internet community. All those require learning, and thus are not "easy" - but they are NOT some magical gift from the gods either.

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
                          I think that this is how the dev team are handling the hackers, which could be the reason why it takes time for them to remove the account - tracking through the account's history to see how the hack was done and how best to add the auto-detection code for it. Some things that may be very easy to "visually inspect" can be very complicated to code for.

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post
                          Because it's probably the only job where you can get away with *breaking* things rather than fixing them, and still get paid?
                          Well, we (since I'm a software engineer myself, and yes it's a "learnt" and "still learning" skill) don't really get away with it - since people will notice things breaking and then we'll have to actually fix them properly It's actually a lot easier to do things right the first time around then going back and fix things that you broke...

J/k aside, as mentioned in my previous post with relation to the "reverted gemstones comparison", QA need to be improved for the team to prevent code regressions and unintended changes slipping in.
                          Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Working...
                          X