ARM and x86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARM and x86

Hello, I can't seem to be able to install this awesome game on my device which is currently x86-based - "This version is not compatible with your device" and I assume this is for ARM only, would it be possible for it to be available for x86 as well? I'd be deeply obliged!

What type of device is it? I know ARM is a processor, but what is it in?

Comment

Hello Travis! thank you for your quick response! As far as I know, android apps are made to run on either arm or x86. so both apps should be added on google play and based on cpu architecture the "correct" app downloads and installs. It seems that currently Eternium is only compatible with arm cpu? I'm not a developer but I think the libraries differ.

Comment

Originally posted by ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.) View Post
        What type of device is it?
        Brand and model, please.

Comment

I'm running linux and all emulators/projects(fe:genymotion,androidos,anbox,shashlik,et c) only support x86 - no arm support unfortunately. There's a ton of games available for x86 now but there's nothing like Eternium

Comment

Found this for genymotion (google search: "genymotion with arm apps") - you need to manually get the ARM translator package, or something like that. Sorry I don't use it myself, so don't really know - so the usual "use at your own risk" warning apply:
            http://jeremywininger.blogspot.com/2...anslation.html

There might be similar translation packages for the other emulators you mentioned.

Don't know much about how the game's developed, but getting a x86 version would mean a cross/re-compile of the existing source on the x86 platform. As far as I am aware, the Marmalade SDK does support x86, but I cannot guess as to the difficult/complexity for adding such a port...

Edit:
            You may also want to clarify which "Linux" - since this could be any of: Ubuntu, RedHat, Solaris, or the multitude of variants thereof, each with their own sets of programs and such. Although, I suppose once you're in the "I use emulator" realm of things, then it's technically not supported by the dev team - I think Travis mentioned this previously...
            Last edited by Nhat; 08-14-2018, 12:49 AM.
            Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Emulators are not officially supported. Moving this to General Discussion.

If you have trouble with an actual Android device, let me know.

Comment

Thank you Nhat but the translation libraries are out of date - not working anymore, they could have worked back then, around 2015 or something. I have tried it - as a lot of other work-arounds but with no luck - currently running ubuntu.

Travis emulators might not be officially supported, but the majority of players come from the emulators party, that's something that cannot be ignored I guess. Also, I mentioned that I am using an emulator yes, but the problem does not lie within the emulator itself, but rather with the x86 architecture not being supported, so asus zenfone for example, an x86 device, won't be able to install it. AFAIK there is a windows version, so why not expand this to x86 platform as well? that way it could be run easily on Linux too!

As I mentioned earlier there's a ton of games that are x86 compatible - the majority of playstore, so why not give us Linux (and x86) users the joy of playing the best one yet?

Kindly awaiting your reply

Comment

Originally posted by Dvbreak View Post
                  but the majority of players come from the emulators party, that's something that cannot be ignored
                  Nope.
                  Majority of players are NOT emulators for sure.
                  ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
                  ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
                  Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post
                    Nope.
                    Majority of players are NOT emulators for sure.
                    ^This^

The vast majority of players use supported, Google certified, Android devices. The majority of top players play the supported Microsoft Store version of the game.

...asus zenfone for example, an x86 device, won't be able to install it.
                    ASUS Zenfones are supported and can install the game through the Play Store. The game is NOT designed to run on emulators, so it's no surprise that something doesn't work when you try to run it on an emulator. As mentioned, if you have trouble with an actual Android device, let me know.

Comment

zenfones do use translation software though they are x86 arch, so in a way they are not actually supported, anyway - my bad. I'm trying to point at the moon and you're concentrating on my finger... anyhow scratch that, all I'm asking is for x86 support please, is it something feasible/to be expected?
                      Deeply appreciate your time and dedication, thank you!
                      Last edited by Dvbreak; 08-15-2018, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Finger pointing isn't supported. Please use an appropriate pointing tool.
                        ...all I'm asking is for x86 support please, is it something feasible/to be expected?
                        Honestly, it's not something that's likely to happen. Dream Primer is an extremely small team (2 devs, an engineer, a designer, an artist, and a QA tech) with a lot on their plate already (act 4, home town, multiplayer features, a new crafting system, balance changes, etc.). New platforms or support beyond iOS and Android are typically only added when there's some incentive (i.e. a promotion from the platform).

Comment

This is totally understandable, and in this case congratulations are indeed well-deserved! Though it's not really another platform, just a different cpu architecture - which I don't think would be that hard to include for these brilliant minds, since almost 90% of games/apps now support x86.
                          Once again thank you for your time and please take into consideration this humble request

Comment

Working...
                          X