Take it off mobile platforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take it off mobile platforms

Playing (well, attempting to) on a Galaxy S8 and I've reached the conclusion they only want you to play bounty Hunter class.

Mage class crashes game whenever pulling more than 4 or 5 mob groups. I found the thread about it being the apprentice set and it being a known issue. (for 2 friggen years now??? Are you joking? How is that still not fixed???). That is not it. I switched to arcanist set, no immolate, still crashes every single time I accidentally grab more than 3 mobs, and have blizzard and an orb out.

I leveled a bounty Hunter and found it boring. Run around, shoot some, abilities, run. I can see this being a neat CC class if multiplayer was a thing, but just see that not ever happening (more empty promises pushing threads months back).

So I tried warrior. Started with a shield but dang it's slow. Went dual wield and finished out... Got skills leveled out.. and got one with that rapid attack proc. I can't replicate it 100% of the time, but whenever I use that proc, it seems there is a better than 50 percent chance I'll die with large mobs pulled because it just quits auto attacking after that! WTF?! Will also do it in boss fights (1v1) but less frequently.

You have 3 classes, two that I've put time into can't be played. That's pretty damn sad. And all you've got is promises of fixing it that run nearly two years back. That's pretty damn pathetic. Just pull the plug already.

Do you use death from above as mage? It is the source of a crash. I have never really had immolate crash my game.

I've never had issues with warrior not attacking
    ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
    ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
    Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

They're talking about blade fury. How it will stop your auto attack after using it. Minor setback to a not so used spell.
      QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635
      Hacker, not to be confused with cheater or cracker

Comment

Your device is just slow. Your stuck in the mobile bubble that can't use mage like pc users or users with higher end devices. Switch to a frost build (check gameplay video forum) also go through your settings and lower anything that says it'll improve performance. Might help your crashing but you can always try the clear data/ cache, uninstall, restart device, reinstall thing if it doesn't.
        Don't bother with blade fury it's not worth the hassle.
        But if you're just looking to crap on the devs then poo on you nobody here will get on that boat. We try to help here, not so much complain in such a manor as you did.
        QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635

Comment

I am not using dfa when I get the crash. Game will reliably crash if there is 4 or more mob groups being hit by orb and blizzard. Garbage coding to blame, not the device. If a Galaxy S8 can't keep up with that, it's crap coding (probably the math it has to run through) causing the crash. A crap device would chop/clip/lag. Especially considering I tried going back to 100% fov, 2d creatures, no ambiance. Only one I can't live with at min is resolution. You have to use the entire height of the screen to draw runes... Also crap code.

You're correct on blade fury. From using duelist. Cancelling auto attack is a minor setback? Yeah I guess so is cancer, or tsunamis. It's crap coding. Somebody forgot "then".

Title of this forum is "feedback and suggestions" not "praises and rainbows"... I don't much like the moniker "Dev" especially in this case.... These issues have sat stagnant for a long time. Coders/engineers should be called out on their crap. That's how they are alerted to fix stuff (should they care to, which obviously there is no care here). Not just here to poo on them, but they obviously are helpless judging by the duration of the issues being openly discussed, and a mod going so far as to say apprentice set crashing the game is the only known bug..

All that aside, if you can't make something work you don't put it out. You don't release a game toting "play how you want" when you have to play a certain way so the game doesn't crash. it's attitude like that that degrades everything (like crap infrastructure. "potholes aren't a problem, just drive a quarter of the limit and swerve like a drunk")

Comment

There was and maybe is an issue called disengage, Happens with mage after blink and and a few other secondarys. Im used to and jst retap target after a cast. To make sur it doesnt happen blink for instance can do it somewhat often.. but my system can handle pulling almost any number of mobs i can survive...
            Samsung Tab S4 10.5 inch tablet

Comment

I play on an LG V20, never once had a crash playing mage, and either you are exaggerating wildly about the size of your runes, or there is something up with how your device recognizes those too. I can pull a very large section of trial maps with no crashes (I die frequently, but no crashes), and the runes can be less than an inch high to register for me. All my toggles are up high, never had to lower the quality and on max view distance.
              ANB#3 Mage rank #91 TL95
              Exclusively mobile player

Comment

Originally posted by ThatVWguy View Post
                A crap device would chop/clip/lag.
                I've been playing on a Samsung Galaxy J1 (SM-J100Y - 2 CPU, 1.2 GHz, 512 MB RAM) => yes with minimal settings, and there are the occasional stutters, but I also get the occasional flawless runs.

Only one I can't live with at min is resolution. You have to use the entire height of the screen to draw runes...
                Also known issue, don't put the Resolution down, keep at Full.

All that aside, if you can't make something work you don't put it out. You don't release a game toting "play how you want" when you have to play a certain way so the game doesn't crash. it's attitude like that that degrades everything (like crap infrastructure. "potholes aren't a problem, just drive a quarter of the limit and swerve like a drunk")
                By this logic, almost everything shouldn't be release - otherwise, why are there updates and bug fixes that are getting put out later? A bug fix means that there was a bug in the release version that needed to be fixed, so the released versions didn't "work", therefore, "don't put it out"... My credit card company's online support doesn't allow the use of quotes when lodging a support ticket, are you then suggesting that they should also close down the whole online service? (yeah, I lodged the report half a year ago, still not fixed as far as I am aware)

Yes, a number of known bugs have been hanging around for a long time, and the team is aware of them, but there are other things that have higher priorities at the moment and there are known work around for some of these issues. Similarly for the support ticket example, ie. just don't use quotes in the text.
                Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Tsunamis...
                  I was dead right there
                  dude is on a roll
                  I have a feeling this isn't the only phone game he's gone ham on... he has the dev hating code dissing lingo down pat.

solution=uninstall
                  QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635

Comment

I get the feeling that you have some valid points but you chose the most inefficient way to express them. Two things:

1) I agree with more than one of the issues that you mentioned (time to resolve known issues, an S8 shouldn't crash due to high gfx settings, etc.), but I can't bring myself to "Like" the post of someone who takes a valid complain and manages to make himself sound like an entitled brat. Have you created a bug report to get the team help you with your crashes, or is your professional root cause analysis pointing to just "your code sucks"? Android is not iOS; the app needs to take into accounts the 1000s of hardware and software platforms that it needs to run on. Hence why the devs never stop examining errors and crashes on a case by case basis.

2) All code is crap code. I don't think I have ever come across a piece of software that reigned supreme with its 1.0 version. Saying that a piece of software should work 100% flawlessly on 100% of platforms/devices, otherwise it should not be released in the first place, just makes you sound clueless. Like you grew up in a cave and this S8 is your first smartphone, or something.

Summary: The Eternium team gave you a free game and owe you nothing. If you need assistance, help them to help you. If you don't like things, make your suggestions. Civilized discourse is not a requirement for anything in life, but we're not animals, so it helps more than you think.
                    I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

Don't use Duelist...it has been proven to be garbage.
                      Dyoma Crown
                      Dyoma Crown Total: 434

Mage: 143
                      Warrior (DW): 148
                      BH: 143

Warrior (SW): 138

Comment

The vast majority of my game play is on my s8 (I switch to iphone8 for trial pushing now for reasons exhaustively discussed elsewhere). My setup is pretty typical as well - App6 with AB/AL, blizzard, singularity, blink, power infusion, celerity, glass canon. The game doesn't crash on me and I regularly pull 4+ groups with blizzard and singularity involved. And when I say "doesn't crash on me" I mean, I don't think it's ever crashed on me with this setup. I used DfA for a brief experiment and that caused crashes but that is a known bug as tater pointed out.

Do you have other apps running in the background? Anything consuming resources like memory? Is there anything we can home in on to offer up as a bug report?
                        Last edited by lama75; 08-30-2018, 11:21 AM.
                        CL 2K+
                        Mage- Ladim(#9 Live LB), Proxima(XP)
                        TL119 in 9:14 on mobile (iphone8)

Mage Guide

Comment

Maybe it is a fault with the S8, I have an S8 and can't use mage above TL95ish as it is at that point I have to bring together huge groups. My movement on screen then just become jittery and unmanageable, because of this, I haven't used my Mage in months.

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen View Post
                            I get the feeling that you have some valid points but you chose the most inefficient way to express them. Two things:

1) I agree with more than one of the issues that you mentioned (time to resolve known issues, an S8 shouldn't crash due to high gfx settings, etc.), but I can't bring myself to "Like" the post of someone who takes a valid complain and manages to make himself sound like an entitled brat. Have you created a bug report to get the team help you with your crashes, or is your professional root cause analysis pointing to just "your code sucks"? Android is not iOS; the app needs to take into accounts the 1000s of hardware and software platforms that it needs to run on. Hence why the devs never stop examining errors and crashes on a case by case basis.

2) All code is crap code. I don't think I have ever come across a piece of software that reigned supreme with its 1.0 version. Saying that a piece of software should work 100% flawlessly on 100% of platforms/devices, otherwise it should not be released in the first place, just makes you sound clueless. Like you grew up in a cave and this S8 is your first smartphone, or something.

Summary: The Eternium team gave you a free game and owe you nothing. If you need assistance, help them to help you. If you don't like things, make your suggestions. Civilized discourse is not a requirement for anything in life, but we're not animals, so it helps more than you think.
                            Ive seen a fps drop on tl94 but never crashed on an Tab S4 ..

Comment

Originally posted by lama75 View Post
                              Do you have other apps running in the background? Anything consuming resources like memory? Is there anything we can home in on to offer up as a bug report?
                              This is a good point to check, for anyone experiencing crashes with the game - check to see if any other apps are restarting around the same time, by seeing how long they have been running in the Application Manager. Those things could be contributing to the game's crashing...

There's also potential additional resources used with newer version of existing apps. I previously have WeChat installed and it happily sat in the background, taking it's small share of memory while I played Eternium. One of the recent updates multiplied the number of background processes for it, and also increased the memory used, resulting in it pretty much crashing and restarting every time I started Eternium. End result => uninstalled WeChat, continued playing Eternium.
                              Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Working...
                              X