This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback/Bugs 1.3.13

Farming gemstones on Drakenmoor Catacombs, I noticed a consistent delay between completing the map and the victory portal appearing. Over the course of a boosted session, the delay can cost a fair amount of lost boost time. The video below shows some examples :

CL 2K+
    Mage- Ladim(#9 Live LB), Proxima(XP)
    TL119 in 9:14 on mobile (iphone8)

Mage Guide

That delay is because combat has not disengaged. You can observe this by watching the border around the map in the upper right. If it's red, you are in combat.

​​​​​​To farm most effectively, a Mage or Warrior has to kill everything along the way. Or at least all enemies within ~10 seconds of the end. Enemies you don't attack or stay near, for more than 10 seconds, disengage on their own ... notice the question mark above them, and then they run back to their home/camp/start.
    ​​​​​​
    A BH can use Smoke Screen to (usually) force combat to disengage. BH runs faster too.

A change in v1.3 is that DoT effects on your character cause combat to stay "on" or it flashes on & off. Can't Smoke-Screen that, unfortunately, but during a "flash off" you usually trigger the Victory.

Another option is to tap the "Abandon Level" button, but then loot doesn't fly to you, and you don't get "credit" for completing the level.

P.S. in video you can hear some conversation. Would not want you to mention your credit card number or something. You might want to mute recording of audio.
    Last edited by Coda; 09-23-2018, 11:29 PM.
    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
      A change in v1.3 is that DoT effects on your character cause combat to stay "on" or it flashes on & off. Can't Smoke-Screen that, unfortunately, but during a "flash off" you usually trigger the Victory.
      That's probably what is causing it. I'll have to try TBD, since I don't believe there are as many, if any, DoT monsters other than TBD of course, whom I can one shot on normal so it doesn't affect me. There are plenty of minotaur skirmishers on DC though, especially at the end and a few of their spears are probably enough to cause the DoT that prevents the end of level from being recognized, or registering or whatever.

It seems to me they should be able to change that though. The yellow victory circle appears so the game "knows" the level has been beaten, they should be able to cancel all DoT effects to bring up the portal and begin loot collecting.

Originally posted by Coda View Post
      P.S. in video you can hear some conversation. Would not want you to mention your credit card number or something. You might want to mute recording of audio.
      Thx - I should have been more careful and will be.
      CL 2K+

Mage Guide

Comment

v1.3.13 is in open beta now, initial feedback - please remove the large blue [X] on the lower right. There's one in the upper right that's more "in place", the big one just feels out of place.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-25-07-36-55.png
Views:	416
Size:	277.4 KB
ID:	114484Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-25-07-37-48.png
Views:	374
Size:	264.5 KB
ID:	114485
        Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Fully expanded inventory results in the item Legend going off the screen. I suppose by that stage you would know which is which already, but it could have been moved to the top bar...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-25-09-40-52.png Views:	1 Size:	283.2 KB ID:	114496Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-25-09-40-58.png Views:	1 Size:	284.0 KB ID:	114497

Dervis seems to be redundant, since you have access to Sell and Buyback from all the other vendors - including the companion one, which is a bit odd...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-25-10-01-22.png Views:	1 Size:	272.5 KB ID:	114501Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-25-10-01-43.png Views:	1 Size:	267.0 KB ID:	114500Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-25-10-01-51.png Views:	1 Size:	261.6 KB ID:	114499Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-25-10-02-04.png Views:	1 Size:	266.3 KB ID:	114498

Edit: UI nit-picking:

The various "stores" should be centered on the ui, too much room on the right of screen, feels like my Hero's falling off the page... (obviously, a very very very, did I say very already, low issue)

Also, it'll be better to "line up" the boosters:
          • Row 1: xp boosters, apples
          • Row 2: currency boosters, potion

I think I figured out the "spawned with less than max health issue" - it's to do with the Endurance passive and the Warrior's Innate boost. This is an existing issue, happened in older versions as well. If you go into Hometown without Endurance "equipped" and then equip it, the "less than max" is about the same - haven't tested without Eileen or CP in regen, but it looks close enough already.

1. Warrior, no Endurance - a bit less than max:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-25-10-03-09.png Views:	1 Size:	269.5 KB ID:	114502

2. Warrior, with Endurance - more "less" than max:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-25-10-03-27.png Views:	1 Size:	263.6 KB ID:	114504Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-25-10-03-32.png Views:	1 Size:	272.6 KB ID:	114503

3. Mage, with Endurance - less than max:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-25-10-08-23.png Views:	1 Size:	271.3 KB ID:	114505
          Last edited by Nhat; 09-25-2018, 01:01 AM.

Comment

I'll note here for reference:

Deadly Throw still doesn't trigger Life on Hit ( Wllly , you had a similar observation with Rapid Fire, yes?)

Summoners in Trials are still hyperactive.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post
              I'll note here for reference:

Deadly Throw still doesn't trigger Life on Hit ( Wllly , you had a similar observation with Rapid Fire, yes?)

Summoners in Trials are still hyperactive.
              Ok, so there's at least 3 hero attack related issues still outstanding, these 2 plus the AL speed buff for mage being lost when switching to secondary attack.

Would be good to get any others listed here.

ADDED:
              There's something with smokescreen for bh, I think.
              Last edited by lama75; 09-25-2018, 12:47 PM.
              CL 2K+

Mage Guide

Comment

An annoyance while testing new account: Choosing "Exit to main menu" from a map, then closed the game, on restart it automatically reload the map you exited from.

I suppose this falls under the "Hometown stuff adding more 'screens' in between stuff" - plus you can't go to Hometown during the very first map.

Aside, the game seem to be "living up to its 2GB RAM" requirement now, my phone's definitely struggling with it. Might have to give it a break until I can justify getting a new phone...

Comment

Training Grounds - character button covered by "details" and "reset" buttons:

Name:	Eternium_2018-09-25-19-59-37.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	114562

CL 2K+

Mage Guide

Comment

Just thought of something: since Apples and Potions are now cast-able, does that mean they'll be mapped to hotkeys on PC as well?

This is certainly something that have been requested multiple times. Sorry if it's already confirmed elsewhere, I can't recall seeing it.

Comment

Having major performance issue with Dragon's Crag - might have something to do with those scripted doors.

Also, if I exit to main menu during the level, and the restart the game which reloads the level, the game runs a lot smoother, but the door doesn't open after I killed the mobs guarding it.

Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-26-22-12-43.png
Views:	412
Size:	252.8 KB
ID:	114593Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-26-22-12-39.png
Views:	378
Size:	257.5 KB
ID:	114594Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-26-22-12-54.png
Views:	377
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	114595

Which is why I think the performance issue may be related to those doors. I'm pretty much stuck in story mode now, Heroic and Legendary are locked until I can finish Act IV, but I'm stuck at Dragon's Crag due to performance issue.

Will try with my other heroes and see how I go, otherwise that's pretty much it for me until I get a new phone...

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
                        Having major performance issue with Dragon's Crag - might have something to do with those scripted doors.

Also, if I exit to main menu during the level, and the restart the game which reloads the level, the game runs a lot smoother, but the door doesn't open after I killed the mobs guarding it.
                        On that level, after each mob following those doors, is a monster called "key keeper" or "key master" or something to that effect. THAT'S the one you have to take down to open the doors. It looks like one of the robot monsters from back in Act2.
                        CL 2K+

Mage Guide

Comment

Originally posted by lama75 View Post

On that level, after each mob following those doors, is a monster called "key keeper" or "key master" or something to that effect. THAT'S the one you have to take down to open the doors. It looks like one of the robot monsters from back in Act2.
                          Yep, found that out the first time I ran the level - got past the first door before the phone rebooted. This was probably the 5th time I've tried to complete the level.

The screenshots showed where it was, near the chest at the end of the path, and that I've killed it - well, it shows that there are no monster there anymore. But the door is still closed, 3rd ss - no mob left this side of the door.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
                              ...until I get a new phone...
                              Refresh my memory, what device are you using?

Comment

Working...
                              X