Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Galaxy J1, SM-J100Y - it's way below recommended specs for the game, and I've gotten used to needing to restart it multiple times to play.

Things have been running relatively "smooth" until I got to Dragon's Crag, which currently is pretty much unplayable for me. Running around Hometown, playing other maps and Trials are fine. Guess I'll be pushing Trials now, haha.

Edit:
    Overall, it feels like the game is running better than before:
    • No selling in ui: Was mainly selling things after finishing levels, so it actually didn't bothered me that much. Obviously it's a big issue when crafting jewelry. EDIT 3: Easily solved by adding the Sell and Buyback to the Jeweler as well - makes more sense than having it for the companion "shop"
    • Hometown portal actually make the transitions seem more "correct", ie. Hero summoned portal to return to base, vs player pressed button to return to menu.
    • Game features are now "visible" from the start, well, after finishing the first level anyway. And it even tell you when it will be unlocked. Kinda makes my unlocking guide redundant, thanks for that - guess I still have the in-game mail and Hero level based unlocks to write about. Although "level 3" may be mis-interpreted as Hero level, maybe add the map name?

The poorer performance in Act IV is probably due to the new abilities/effects from the mobs, hopefully things can be improved.

Edit 2:
    Actually, it says: "After completing level #" - so I guess that's clear enough. Should also stop those "where's my stash" questions

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-27-03-06-32.png Views:	1 Size:	258.1 KB ID:	114618Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-27-03-06-46.png Views:	1 Size:	253.2 KB ID:	114619

Edit 4:
    Sorry for the multiple edits, thought I just put it all together, plus there have beenno new post yet.

With respect to the game's performance, I'm finding that it seems to be draining my battery quicker and the phone is also heating up more than before. Not sure if anyone else is seeing similar things...
    Last edited by Nhat; 09-26-2018, 10:39 PM.
    Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
      The screenshots showed where it was, near the chest at the end of the path, and that I've killed it - well, it shows that there are no monster there anymore. But the door is still closed, 3rd ss - no mob left this side of the door.
      Work around (Mage Blink )

~~~
      Also it has been reported Warriors can Leap over the gate.
      VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

An annoyance while testing new account: Choosing "Exit to main menu" from a map, then closed the game, on restart it automatically reload the map you exited from.
        This also happenned if you use the Town Portal to exit and exit the game. When you restart the game, it loads the level again. Got this after doing the dailies.

The game should clear the "in progress level" when the player exit to the main menu. I can see why the portal is kept when exit to Hometown, but then it should reload to Hometown with the portal active, not to the level itself.

Edit:
        This one seems to happen intermittently, seems like there's a delay, either in Honetown or the main menu. If I stay for a while, the next time I start the game, it stays on the main menu. But if I exit quick enough, then on restart, the game reloads the level I exited from. Will report back once I do some more tests to confirm...
        Last edited by Nhat; 09-28-2018, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lama75 View Post

Ok, so there's at least 3 hero attack related issues still outstanding, these 2 plus the AL speed buff for mage being lost when switching to secondary attack.

Would be good to get any others listed here.

ADDED:
          There's something with smokescreen for bh, I think.
          Just tested Mage's AL boost, seems to work fine now, in Training Grounds anyway. AS 3.41, AB for about 5 seconds, reset; AL for a while for max boost, then AB for about 5 seconds. Would appreciate a second confirmation.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-28-21-10-44.png Views:	1 Size:	100.9 KB ID:	114740Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-28-21-11-09.png Views:	1 Size:	127.9 KB ID:	114741
          ​ ​ ​​

Also, Smoke Screen revives companion now, then they went into a wierd but funny "die, revive" loop because my BH was still hidden.

In addition, stat display running off the screen - seems like the text size have been increased

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-28-20-51-18.png Views:	1 Size:	263.3 KB ID:	114738Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-28-20-53-54.png Views:	1 Size:	268.4 KB ID:	114739

and please fix the overlapping button..

Comment

Just tested Mage's AL boost, seems to work fine now, in Training Grounds anyway. AS 3.41, AB for about 5 seconds, reset; AL for a while for max boost, then AB for about 5 seconds. Would appreciate a second confirmation.
            Definitely NOT fixed. I've noted in the past that this bug seems to be tied to AS. Namely, at low base attack speeds like 4, the speed buff seems to work when switching. But when increasing the base AS up (I currently run at 6.75), it becomes very apparent. Visually, you can see the speed buff when attacking with AL(even at 6.75), but as soon as you switch to AB, the extra AS disappears.
            CL 2K+
            Mage- Ladim(#9 Live LB), Proxima(XP)
            TL119 in 9:14 on mobile (iphone8)

Mage Guide

Comment

Originally posted by lama75 View Post

Definitely NOT fixed. I've noted in the past that this bug seems to be tied to AS. Namely, at low base attack speeds like 4, the speed buff seems to work when switching. But when increasing the base AS up (I currently run at 6.75), it becomes very apparent. Visually, you can see the speed buff when attacking with AL(even at 6.75), but as soon as you switch to AB, the extra AS disappears.
              Don't trust visuals as much as TG data, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post

Don't trust visuals as much as TG data, though.
                I did this testing as well. That's why I think the bug is related to base AS.
                CL 2K+

Mage Guide

Comment

Didn't realise the bug was linked to base AS, retested and can confirm that it is still there.

Got my mage to 6 something and redid the test, ran roughly 10 seconds, manual count, so will be off slightly, plus I can definitely see the change in animation as well. Funny thing was that it slowed down after I switched, and the jumped to a faster rate when the buff expired.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-29-08-04-47.png Views:	1 Size:	128.8 KB ID:	114766Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-29-08-05-34.png Views:	1 Size:	136.6 KB ID:	114767

Similar test with Warrior at 9.02 - Frenzy bonus doesn't carry over either.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-29-08-26-25.png Views:	1 Size:	112.2 KB ID:	114768Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-29-08-27-29.png Views:	1 Size:	118.4 KB ID:	114769Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-29-08-38-06.png Views:	1 Size:	122.7 KB ID:	114770

again, my "1,2,3,..,10" count will be off, but you can see the obvious different if I stayed with Frenzy only (after reseting).

Travis, just wondering if you'ld prefer separate bug reports, or should I keep posting things here?

Comment

(Adding things here until told otherwise)

Camera position seem to have been shifted down a bit, the hero is no longer at the center, more noticable at 40% zoom. Also means, "below" the boss is no longer the best position, since the boss would be off the screen.

v1.3.13

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-29-08-25-20.png Views:	1 Size:	254.2 KB ID:	114791

previous
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch.png Views:	1 Size:	190.9 KB ID:	114792

Item description box can be too long, pushing the buttons off the screen

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-29-08-19-27.png
Views:	362
Size:	289.6 KB
ID:	114793Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-29-08-20-28.png
Views:	356
Size:	285.9 KB
ID:	114794

Training Grounds counters get stuck at 0 every now and then - after pressing reset button

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-29-08-04-22.png
Views:	341
Size:	265.8 KB
ID:	114795Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-29-08-05-09.png
Views:	335
Size:	266.1 KB
ID:	114796Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-29-08-27-45.png
Views:	331
Size:	271.0 KB
ID:	114797
                    Last edited by Nhat; 09-29-2018, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Feedback about the new mechanism for collecting stuff:

At first, I thought it was a neat feature that some items, you could tap them to collect them even if they were beyond the range of the "magnet". Most items are like this, except gold.

However, this is actually counter-productive!

It interferes with movement.

Instead of moving to the spot you tap, if something is there, it gets collected. If there are things in the way, it requires multiple taps to move to where you wish to go.

The only item where this might be a benefit, is the red health-replenishment discs. You might not want them "now" while they are within magnet-range. You might want to collect them "later" when you need them. However, it seems that "tap to collect" is disabled during combat when you would most need the health replenished.

So, -1 to this "feature".

Put everything back on magnet (except maybe health discs).
                      Last edited by Coda; 09-29-2018, 11:34 AM.
                      VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Here's something pretty silly compared to all the many bugs in the Beta as a whole.

I have found only 3 colors of the "aether crystals" ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20180929-065127_Eternium.jpg Views:	1 Size:	72.8 KB ID:	114804
                        ~

In that level, there are green crystals:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20180927-060341_Eternium.jpg Views:	1 Size:	109.4 KB ID:	114805
                        ~

Then about later at the end of Blenheim you can see red ones in the cave:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20180927-061610_Eternium.jpg Views:	1 Size:	129.1 KB ID:	114806
                        ~

And in Dragon's Crag the red ones are plentiful...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20180927-062535_Eternium.jpg Views:	2 Size:	112.7 KB ID:	114808
                        ~

Several maps later, the blue ones are in Crystal Mountain:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20180929-123247_Eternium.jpg Views:	1 Size:	278.0 KB ID:	114820
                        ~
                        And a small cluster each, of blue, green, red, in The Underworld

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20180929-130509_Eternium.jpg Views:	1 Size:	104.0 KB ID:	114821

~
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20180929-131130_Eternium.jpg Views:	1 Size:	92.4 KB ID:	114823
                        ~
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20180929-131259_Eternium.jpg Views:	1 Size:	219.7 KB ID:	114824
                        ~
                        Last edited by Coda; 09-29-2018, 05:32 PM.
                        VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

...Camera position seem to have been shifted down...
                          Now that you've pointed this out, it has become very noticeable. It's a real problem with Kara who is quite tall.

Here's a pic with a grid superimposed, showing that the camera is focused on a spot below the hero.

Hero is standing at y=~41% as measured from top=0%. Hero should probably stand at about 51-55% (feet a bit below center). In other words, origin of hero's projectiles/weapons/attacks should be at center, IMO. Camera focus needs to be moved up about 12%-ish.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20180929-073807_Photo Editor.jpg Views:	1 Size:	136.3 KB ID:	114810
                          Last edited by Coda; 09-29-2018, 11:55 AM.
                          VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Scartree Hold still has the exit portal appearing right at the start/entry of the level.
                            CL 2K+

Mage Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
                              Also it has been reported Warriors can Leap over the gate.
                              Thanks for the reminder about this, have now managed to finish the level, after multiple crashes on load. It feels like there's definitely something "wrong" with those doors, (wild guess) game's doing constant "is key master alive" checks, rather than handling it as a "on death" trigger, or something...

I did manage to get past the first door normally, by running the game at 40% view distance - so obviously mobile's spec is a factor. But with the new camera offset, it was almost impossible to go "up".

Can also confirm that if I exit the game during the map and restart it. It runs a LOT smoother, but the doors don't work - so I have to Leap over it with my warrior (guess I can't get pass it with my BH until performance is improved.

As mentioned previously, Act IV maps runs more "sluggish" than the others, so have to restart more often. But yeah, low spec and all that, so I can live it with, will continue through and see how it goes...

Edit:
                              The game "stay sluggish" after returning to Hometown as well. So I've pretty much been restarting it after each level. As long as the level runs, I ok with having to do that - Dragon's Crag was crashing on load a fair bit, no report option, so probably just lack of ram...
                              Last edited by Nhat; 09-29-2018, 04:20 PM.

Comment

... 40% view distance ... almost impossible to go "up"...
                                Confirmed. This is definitely a problem.
                                VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Working...
                                X