This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lama75 View Post
    I just received a quest from Asterion. It was for the ethereal iced tea cubes from The Road to Anderra. Is that right? Shouldn't I be receiving quests from Alarion the Elder Sage?

Also, I received all the ice cubes within the first several packs of the level. Don't know if that was the intent or if they should be spread out more over the course of the level.
    What you've experienced is what I did too. So I guess it's as-intended. Alarion stops talking to you, and you have to "guess" or blunder into it, that another NPC has the next quest. I guess it would be spoon feeding, if Alarion told you "go talk to so-and-so" for the next quest.

I suppose that the forthcoming jewelry quest(s) will come from the renamed jewelry NPC.

Once you figure out that they might come from whoever, whenever, you're going to check in once in a while with all of them. There's not that many and they are all in one spot, so NBD.
    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Is anyone else NOT seeing the green glow indicating the AL speed buff while in trials? It will happen during story mode levels, but I'm now looking for it in trials and it doesn't show up.
      I only ever got a green glow from a Hailstorm. I don't ever remember getting a glow from Arc Lightning.

And I believe one gets a red glow from a Carnival Cape.

I made a formal suggestion, at one point, that the significant procs should each be indicated somehow. That might be hard to do when multiple effects trigger.

Example: I don't think the Inglesias Mantle proc for AR, has a "glow". You might have to do some calculus, meaning derivatives and integrals, to see it.

Another example: IIRC, Warrior Battle Rage does have a visual indicator, red I think ?

Third example: some effects, you get an "icon" at the right, instead of a glow (or whatever) around the hero. This tends to be those effects that you then need to tap to trigger. But it doesn't have to be that way. You could get an icon instead of a glow, to merely indicate something has been proc'd.
      VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
        I only ever got a green glow from a Hailstorm. I don't ever remember getting a glow from Arc Lightning.
        It's not really a "glow", but a "swirling green tornado" - screenshots from previous tests, which included my mention of occasionally not seeing it. Warrior's Frenzy have the same green tornado effect, so I suppose it's the "AS boost" effect.
        Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
          Pre-beta, this was also my experience.

Once the closed beta started, one of the 1st things I noticed with mage was a greenish glow, or aura, from using AL. It seemed to coincide with the noticeable AS buff from AL, so I assumed that it was something that had been added. Additionally, there was a whitish glow, or aura, which I took to mean Power Infusion had proc'd. The 2 could proc separately, or together which made for a very definitive glow around the mage. I'm quite certain I had seen these because upon noticing them I remember thinking this was a nice visual indicator for being able to maintain the AS buff from AL, rather than having to develop a feel for the timing of switching attacks. Both auras now seem to be gone during trial gameplay.

Based on your and Nhat feedback, it would be nice to get some clarification here.

I'll post some screenshots from story mode to show what it looks like.

UPDATE:

Green glow from AS buff :
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Eternium_2018-10-18-20-28-58.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	116510

Whitish Power Infusion aura :

Name:	Eternium_2018-10-18-20-26-14.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	116511

Both together :

Name:	Eternium_2018-10-18-20-26-06.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	116512

Last edited by lama75; 10-19-2018, 12:33 AM.
          CL 2K+
          Mage- Ladim(#9 Live LB), Proxima(XP)
          TL119 in 9:14 on mobile (iphone8)

Mage Guide

Comment

Pre-beta, this was also my experience.
            From what I remember, I've always been seeing it - other than the noted "strangeness" when there was a mirror clone. So this may explain your and Coda's situations, since you'll both will most likely have at least one clone active at any time...

Latest test screenshot from v1.3.15, only AL and Blink "equipped"

My Mage attacking only - green tornado, matches what I saw pre-beta.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2018-10-19-11-29-49.png Views:	1 Size:	257.5 KB ID:	116514

Getting inconsistent results with Blink clones - sometimes the "green tornado" appears, sometimes doesn't, for both the clone and my mage; and is it just me or does the clone looks like it's actually not attacking any faster at all? Regardless of whether the effect is there or not, my mage's attack animation is definitely faster than normal...

Edit: Clarifying "strangeness" from quick tests.
            • My mage not attacking: most of the time, mirror clone will show the "tornado"; with the exception of when you cast the second immediately after the first.
            • My mage attacking will again mostly show the "tornado", unless done immediately after the clone "expired" (sometimes)
            • Casting Blink while my mage's attacking and showing the "tornado" results in the clone not getting the "tornado" - and so far, it seems like when the clone "expired", the "tornado" also disappears from my mage - attack speed remain "boosted"
            Need to do more testing to see...

Also, the above, in relation to the "tornado" effect, are all existing. There's the potentially new (as in, with Hometown beta, didn't test for it in v1.3.13, so can't say) issue with the mirror clones not actually getting the AS boost though - which may or may not be related to the reported issue with the AS boost "going away" when switching attack.
            Last edited by Nhat; 10-19-2018, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
              and is it just me or does the clone looks like it's actually not attacking any faster at all? Regardless of whether the effect is there or not, my mage's attack animation is definitely faster than normal...
              There's definitely something different about clone animation. Hard to say what it is, but I just checked this on a trial run and it looks different.
              CL 2K+

Mage Guide

Comment

As mentioned in the other PC release? topic - issue with overlapping icon in Training Ground is easily worked-around by pressing the mobile's back button (which I suppose is the Esc button for Windows, when it does get released). So, yeah... I'll stop complaining about it now, demoted to very minor annoyance, sorry...

Comment

Is there music for Act4?

I had it turned off all this time and just turned it back on today. I get music in story mode during acts 1-3, but about half - way through Act4 and I haven't heard any music in the story mode levels. Music returns as soon as I return to hometown, fwiw.

CL 2K+

Mage Guide

Comment

Working...
                  X