Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About the future of Eternium. Vol.2

Hi, there.

I wrote this post as longest standing active gamer of MAGE AND MINIONS / ETERNIUM.

1. BUGS & CHEATERS.
    We all see that development of the game is going in an unusual way. Updates have not only new bugs in new content, but new bugs in actual content. Only he who does nothing never errs. But according to slowless of making updates you could check it and fix all bugs.

But that’s not the worst.

Until now, DEVs have not solved the problem with cheaters and scripters, which upsets honest players. The game was hacked and the protection system fails. But DEVs refuse to prohibit the launch of the game on devices with root-rights. They say that root-players also bring donate. We can only guess how many players have unfair achieved what honest players achieving by long and painstaking work. You even don’t need to prohibit the launching of the game on rooted devices. There are technologies that force the game to close even you trying to find internal game data, not to speak of attempts to changing it. There is no progress in the fight against cheaters at the moment. In any case, there is no point to investing money into the game, when you can get the same quickly, for free and most importantly look like honest player from the side.
    The argument that they also bring donate is simply absurd, because a much greater number of honest players do not bring donate in this case!
    Last edited by Bart the warrior; 12-21-2018, 03:50 PM.
    Admin of the largest russian-speaking Eternium community (6000+ m.)
    Live dinosaur of M&M/Eternium. Only Android play almost 4 years.
    Community activity stopped !!!

2. OUTFLOW OF PLAYERS.
    There is visible outflow of players. Here is statistics of participants of events :
    ANB-1: 43.8K,
    ANB-2: ~ 29K,
    ANB-3: 25.1K,
    ANB-4: 18.4K.

The main complaints of players:
    1) Not easy-to-use city - crafting jewelry, buying and selling items and so on.
    2) Disbalance of platforms. In the mobile (MOBILE !!!) game top players on events are PC-users. Wonderful.
    3) No rebalance for characters and set items. The whole LB reminds the attack of clone-army.
    4) Lack of play variety. Yes, MM is a grind-game, so may just is well to diversify this part of the game. For what another planet of story in grind-game, if you can’t grind experience there?
    5) Mobs have become more powerfull, and players can not pass high TL now, which they passed easily before.

I recently conducted a community polling. Results are disappointing.
    Only 14% players are satisfied with the game. 25% losing game interest due to the lack of real progress. 27% do not play, but they will return to the game after a very worthy update (the new crafting system have not return Dyoma to battlefield). 34% will never return to the game and never believe the promises of DEVs. I also add that about 9% of our community participated in the survey.
    Attached Files

Comment

3. WHAT IS TO BE DONE? OUR OFFERS.

3.1. A huge mass of players want to divide LBs of PC and Mobile platforms. Also, many are proposing to reset the LB, because there are a lot of inactive players today. And the increased power of the mobs will not allow new players to rise as high (that’s no fair for them).There is no something terrible in reset of LB - real top players will return their positions in a couple of hours.
      3.2. Improvement of update. The introduction of the button for jewelry selling and other improvements and simplifying of interface.
      3.3. Changing the mechanics of warrior’s combat. During a battle, warriors look more like disc grinder or welding machines. There is only one way - to reduce the speed of attack up to ~ 2 hits per second (closer to reality).
      3.4. To bring a two-handed weapon into the game (oh yes, many people dream about it, especially me). With one-hand weapon, you can use 3 hits per second (after all, it was 3 years ago). For greater realism, a warrior must strike with two swords in turn. To compensate the treatment, you can add the innate ability of a warrior with increased LoH and cooldown. Integralas mantle will work fine with 2-3 hits per second.
      3.5. Lets talk about the balance of characteristics. Two-hand weapon will need more damage in order not to come short of one-handed weapon. To reduce the speed of the battle, the main parameter should be Power.
      Also in the game it is necessary to balance such dependencies as “Power-Haste”, “Armor-Vitality” and so on.
      It would be nice to refresh irrelevant set objects order to create a variety of builds.
      3.6. Once again! Legendary level of Story need to add the ability to change the strength of the mobs on a ratio basis of amount of experience. And that variety of grinding will make Eternium less boring!
      3.7. Exchange of gemstones. Finally, DEVs made it. I can extand little thanks for DEVs in light of last update (I can not only to scold). Now we have better colors and new crafting system will make the grinding a little less boring.
      Last edited by Bart the warrior; 12-22-2018, 01:22 AM.

Comment

4. LOCALIZATION.
        A year passed by since the game has been translated, but even now there are many things with poor-quality translation or without translation. Because of this, many of us are playing English version.
        Our admin team can help you to make a translation of the game much better and more literary. We have a professional translator.

Comment

5. EVENTS.
          What is it? This is essentially a competition in skills, very similar to a sports event. And if we recall the majority of sports, we are unlikely to find one person fight two or three at once. Unfortunately, there are no rules and restrictions in our events. Therefore, the leaders are accounts which have several people work in relays (I can not believe that one person can not eat, no sleep, no go for a work, not have shower or talk whith family for a week).
          Here is an idea that was proposed by one of our participants (it produced hot disputs in our community and it found support). We offer to add limited timer during on events, for an active game. It will stop when you are in the City, when you crafting jewelry or crafting items. Timeline can be discussed. We come up with timeline of 28 to 42 hours. The timer will force players to more competently use of time-resource instead of thoughtless endless farming of CL. Events will become more sporting and competitive. After all, all sports competition have limited distance or limited time, where the fastest or the strongest wins.
          If DEVs add an active-game-timer on events, the competition will be more fair. I am sure that this will help to return many players to participate in events. For the record among the last event more than 70% of ANB-4 warriors did not solve to move along 15 TL.

I did not write this post to scold or blame the DEVs (although for this, too). It hurts me to watch how players leave my favorite game, and how development goes in the wrong direction. Listen to the good suggestions of experienced players and take their side into future development.

Comment

I completely disagree. The devs have been and are making the game better. They listen, they change and adapt to player's feedback. Just because your admins and crew are disappointed does not mean the whole worldwide community shares the same thoughts as you.

Sure, can the game be better? Of course! But what game can't? Stop and smell the roses, the glass is half full. It's a game, enjoy it or go find another one to master and complain about. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Zudd View Post
              I completely disagree. The devs have been and are making the game better. They listen, they change and adapt to player's feedback. Just because your admins and crew are disappointed does not mean the whole worldwide community shares the same thoughts as you.

Sure, can the game be better? Of course! But what game can't? Stop and smell the roses, the glass is half full. It's a game, enjoy it or go find another one to master and complain about. Just my 2 cents.
              You know, son, I'm faithful to the game for more than 3 years. And I speak not from the team of admins, but from a large number of ordinary players. I provided facts and statistics, not personal opinion and personal feelings. And if you carefully read the entire text, you should have seen that all this was done in order to improve the game.
              Last edited by Bart the warrior; 12-21-2018, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zudd View Post
                The devs have been and are making the game better. They listen, they change and adapt to player's feedback.
                Nobody argues with this. I think this is more about prioritization. And, as one of the survey participants, I will say that I was at 14%, but on condition that the game still has flaws. Some of them were voiced above. I like this game, I like the fact that it is developing (albeit rather slowly, in the opinion of more experienced players), but, for example, I consider the difference in platforms to be a very serious problem that has not been solved yet. And I was more pleased to see that there will be a separation of the tops for PC and mobile devices, and not something new. I play on two platforms (from the phone I farm CL and gemstones, but my phone does not withstand graphic loads when using apprentice set, and I have to pass high tests on a computer), but this is not entirely fair for those who play only with mobile, which, as correctly noted, were initially positioned as mobile. But this does not mean that I am not grateful for the updates being released. I really liked the introduction of Act 4 and the new crafting system. I would like to see some balance achieved between the improvement of existing functionality and the introduction of a new one.
                Last edited by Nekromant; 12-21-2018, 04:34 PM.
                Left the game.

Comment

Calling it by the old name and patronizing players is no way to have your voice taken seriously...
                  Dyoma Crown
                  Dyoma Crown Total: 434

Mage: 143
                  Warrior (DW): 148
                  BH: 143

Warrior (SW): 138

Comment

Originally posted by orion_134 View Post
                    Calling it by the old name and patronizing players is no way to have your voice taken seriously...
                    Where is constructiveness in your words? What did I suggest bad?

Comment

Speaking as one of the newest players, I started about 2 weeks before ANB4, I really like the game and its direction. The devs are active and responsive as is support. There is a vibrant user community, several of which participate in the betas and not only play but give verbose descriptions of all issues they come across.

I have to disagree with you, Bart the warrior. It seems to me that the game has not gotten worse but it has evolved. To me that is a good thing.

Just my 2 cents

Comment

I mentioned it on the other post that there may have been some translation issues...but I'm beginning to think "son" and "boy" are intentionally included in an attempt at condescension.

State your case without taking personal stabs and your feedback will likely be better received.

Hopefully that was more constructive.
                        Dyoma Crown
                        Dyoma Crown Total: 434

Mage: 143
                        Warrior (DW): 148
                        BH: 143

Warrior (SW): 138

Comment

Originally posted by orion_134 View Post
                          I mentioned it on the other post that there may have been some translation issues...but I'm beginning to think "son" and "boy" are intentionally included in an attempt at condescension.

State your case without taking personal stabs and your feedback will likely be better received.

Hopefully that was more constructive.
                          In this case, the word SON is used by me as an old man in the game. I'm not trying to offend anyone.

Comment

Some of the feedbacks are decent no doubt, but been playing since this September and I found the devs are doing a great job tbh....liked the new hub if you have passion for it running a bit around to forge/craft shouldn't be a thing...from latest ANB experience(my first one) I can tell the devs have taken firm steps against cheaters or hackers and kept it fair for all....Lb's not a thing unless you look at it too much or too often lol but a reset would be nice...Disagree on the idea of dividing LBs into mobile and pc...The localization part seems fair, overall the suggestions made sound mostly fair to me......Oh and Warrior Sux btw
                            ANB #4 Mage LB - #5 Pelias CL- 1715; TL - 108
                            Live Mage LB - #76 Mrak CL - 1864; TL - 110

Comment

Originally posted by Bart the warrior View Post

In this case, the word SON is used by me as an old man in the game. I'm not trying to offend anyone.
                              It’s a derogatory term no matter how you put it. And calling a 42 year old man “son” to plead your case does not show any respect.

Comment

Working...
                              X