Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quality of life recommendations. Wouldn't it be nice if.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quality of life recommendations. Wouldn't it be nice if.....

Hey everyone this is a spin off of Arionthe posting: Game Meta Evolution "https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/eternium/general-discussion-ab/124877-game-meta-evolution"

The idea of the below are things I have thought of while playing in the last week or so and thought to myself: wouldn't it be nice if......Instead of just letting those thoughts leave my head I wrote them down for reference.

In no way am I complaining, demanding or bashing the developers here. I love what everyone is doing, and really enjoy the community.

Everyone plays differently, and some of the things listed below may not effect you. Just as sure as there are things that don't effect me.

I figured since I have a list, might as well share it to get opinions and or additions. - Like a second set of eyes if you will.

For reference: I play only on PC and 99.9% of the time play a warrior.

Hachi (W) TL 113 @ 9:02

General:

• The lower left options button when clicked should bring you to your character selection screen.
    - This will allow for quicker character switching. Other thought was to have a building or sign you can click on to quickly and easily switch characters.
    • A separate button added for in game "settings & menu".
    • Stat Booster from the consumable trader. Example: +Movement speed, +critical rating, etc...
    - Not to be used in trials. This will allow players to give them self a small stat boost to either farm quicker, get past that map they are having a difficult time with, and or R&D research (min/max).
    • Sense of accomplishments or goals for higher levels. Aesthetics, buffs, special companions, Etc... Something to keep us going/interested other than that top trial spot.
    • More quests and achievements would be a nice addition.

Crafting:

• A sell option at the Jeweler.
    - It's very tedious to toggle between two vendors when crafting that perfect piece.
    • Jeweler offers an option to craft more than 1 piece at a time.
    • Automatically highlight perfectly crafted jewelry.

Inventory:

• Ability to lock a piece of gear to prevent accidental selling, salvaging or dropping.
    • Improved sell menu. Similar to the salvage menu to clear out inventory quicker ("gear lock" required).
    • Gemstone stash: A separate storage mechanism for holding and organizing Gemstones.

Story Line:

• (BUG)When doing the same map over and over, one does not always spawn at the beginning of the map (perhaps this is by design to prevent bots)?
    • Bridges and narrow pathways are sometimes difficult to navigate (for players and companions).

Trials:

• Once boss has been defeated; bestow a buff onto the player to clear the rest of the trials mobs. Buff could be random or dependent of boss defeated.
    - Since XP farming is quickly becoming gold and mat farming for crafting, this will give players a reason to finish off the map. Not reset before the boss fight or right there after depending on their purpose.
    • Display current trial level when in a trial.

Technical:

• Ability to set screen resolution.
    • Damage Over Time (DOT) indicators.
    • Buff and Debuff indicators.
    • On rare occasion when pressing to many buttons at once (on PC), you are unable to move/control your character. Abilities still work as intended.
    • Fluid Abilities: Allow abilities to be used/cast without interrupting movement. Warrior Example: While running towards a mob or my destination click I can cast battle rage and continue running. If casting deadly throw or shockwave the movement in stopped.

Soms really good ideas in here!

Comment

Originally posted by Spyclown View Post
      wouldn't it be nice if
      • (BUG)When doing the same map over and over, one does not always spawn at the beginning of the map (perhaps this is by design to prevent bots)?

• On rare occasion when pressing to many buttons at once (on PC), you are unable to move/control your character. Abilities still work as intended.
      • Fluid Abilities: Allow abilities to be used/cast without interrupting movement. Warrior Example: While running towards a mob or my destination click I can cast battle rage and continue running. If casting deadly throw or shockwave the movement in stopped.

+1 for song reference
      The random spawn is intended for the reason you stated.
      The PC bug is because of overlapping left and right mouse button clicks. (pretty sure it's when one click is started before the opposite click and the opposite click ends before the first. i.e. start left click, start right click, end right click, end left click.)
      +1 for abilities to not stop movement.
      ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
      ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
      Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Nice to hear that I am not the only one that has experienced the inability to move from "face rolling" the keys or mouse... lol

Had to add the song link

Comment

I'd be happy if there's no timer anymore in between uses of potions and apples. With DoTs damages stacking and getting longer, i need to use more than one of them to keep my minions and sometimes myself alive even after battle.

Comment

I'd love to see the town revamped so i could click any of the places without moving across the screen first.

For example, I come back through the portal from a gold run, I'm in front of the portal, but I need to move to the right half a screen before the salvage table becomes visible enough to select.

If I don't move, I can catch the Jeweler's elbow on my PC when view is out at 150%. Little harder with mobile.

Salvage table, blacksmith, and Ruby the consumable trader are all off screen.

Most importantly, the gate to the next adventure is off screen. It really, IMHO, needs to be on screen to allow just a tap to go to the next adventure. As is, I need to tap, let my char run until the door is on screen, then tap the door

All of these can be fixed by changing the base level zoom out that equates to 100% zoom.

Minor things that hopefully make playing a little more enjoyable.
            Last edited by NoSuchReality; 01-24-2019, 06:03 PM.

Comment

When I see these post... I always just kind of sigh.

All of these are wonderful ideas.
              but you think through the forms you'll find that every one of these has been propos multiple times.
              Some of them the devs have said that they plan to work on, like gear items that are nothing but cosmetics, things you can earn Etc.

but the rest especially the bugs are longtime things that they just don't seem to care about fixing. And other ones are small little details that someone could spend a dayimplementing
              But we never see.

I dunno
              Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
              Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
              see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
              and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
              It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Cultusfit View Post
                When I see these post... I always just kind of sigh.

All of these are wonderful ideas.
                but you think through the forms you'll find that every one of these has been propos multiple times.
                Some of them the devs have said that they plan to work on, like gear items that are nothing but cosmetics, things you can earn Etc.

but the rest especially the bugs are longtime things that they just don't seem to care about fixing. And other ones are small little details that someone could spend a dayimplementing
                But we never see.

I dunno

New ideas and different points of view are often times good. If no one speaks up then nothing would get attention.

The purpose of this thread was to get all the ideas and suggestions in one place. I am not talking about entire gear set reworks or adding a new stat or some other idea that sounds like a ton of work. Just small things that would improve general play.

I may be a little OCD and believe in perfecting on what you have before moving forward. For me it seems like the devs may be more apt to do something if it's a "quick fix". Bare in mind I have no idea how much time, or money is needed to perform said "quick fix".

The recent changes seem to be an overall improvement to the game. It sparked my interest again as I was starting to fade away due to lack activities. And not to mention the forums have been super busy since the added content.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyclown View Post

New ideas and different points of view are often times good. If no one speaks up then nothing would get attention.

The purpose of this thread was to get all the ideas and suggestions in one place. I am not talking about entire gear set reworks or adding a new stat or some other idea that sounds like a ton of work. Just small things that would improve general play.

I may be a little OCD and believe in perfecting on what you have before moving forward. For me it seems like the devs may be more apt to do something if it's a "quick fix". Bare in mind I have no idea how much time, or money is needed to perform said "quick fix".

The recent changes seem to be an overall improvement to the game. It sparked my interest again as I was starting to fade away due to lack activities. And not to mention the forums have been super busy since the added content.
                  Well for time:

8...9 months of work? I'll get there eventually....
                  Some things ince system is in place go pretty quick.

They have talked new stats, new gears etc.
                  Some is really complex and needs a ton of work.

There are just some of these that have even been ISSUES for a long time that need adjustment.

I 100% agree with your ideas.
                  Some seem like they would be as simple as changing some variables.
                  Some things need drastic reworks like some of the enemy behavior (a certain large red demon)
                  Some probably need bunch looking at and security measures (like the mouse movement) where they can't happen.

But I dunno. I get it's a small Dev team but at times it just seems like they don't do anything for long times. Crank something out. Then spend next week pumping updates every day to fix broken things....
                  Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
                  Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
                  see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
                  and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
                  It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Great suggestions hope devs notice it!

Comment

Working...
                    X