Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you REALLY sure Ad fix was a good idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you REALLY sure Ad fix was a good idea?

Do not quite understand where do you lead the game? To global ptw and quick salary from the same koreachineses? No offence, jmo.
    This way you'll lost all the other players who watched hundreds ads daily, monthly
    ​and only from time to time made extra purchases. People would be forced to pay too to hold their casual play style or quit with silence because they would be disabled with short in gems.

Originally posted by Shilien View Post
    Do not quite understand where do you lead the game? To global ptw and quick salary from the same koreachineses? No offence, jmo.
    This way you'll lost all the other players who watched hundreds ads daily, monthly
    ​and only from time to time made extra purchases. People would be forced to pay too to hold their casual play style or quit with silence because they would be disabled with short in gems.
    I was about to make an equal post, but then I wanted to wait which discussions will start on the update post.
    I'm bored since 1 week and don't think that I will ever return completely. Played about 2 hours the last 7 days. Before that, I only played for ad boxes for 6 weeks - And my Event playtime. Game gets destroyed since the new ANB's IMO (For endgame players)..
    I'm pretty sure that I won't leave the game completly. But I will never ever play it nearly that much like all the months before. Little bit sad. Had much love for this game and the community
    left the game

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post

I was about to make an equal post, but then I wanted to wait which discussions will start on the update post.
      I'm bored since 1 week and don't think that I will ever return completely. Played about 2 hours the last 7 days. Before that, I only played for ad boxes for 6 weeks - And my Event playtime. Game gets destroyed since the new ANB's IMO (For endgame players)..
      I'm pretty sure that I won't leave the game completly. But I will never ever play it nearly that much like all the months before. Little bit sad. Had much love for this game and the community
      Feel all the same, truly liked the game, won't leave fast, but lost the desire. You told all of it better.

Comment

I've been playing casually since I started, and to be completely honest, I watch at most 20 ads a day, and that's very rarely - average game time is about 30 minutes to 1 hour a day, while travelling to and from work.

While the limit wouldn't affect me, and other "casual" (depending on your definition of this) , it does prevent others who are more active from getting gems without having to buy them (or farm story).

There is the issue with pc not getting ads, so that's something that need to be considered as well - as noted in my reply to the 1.3.46 beta announcement...
        Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
          I've been playing casually since I started, and to be completely honest, I watch at most 20 ads a day, and that's very rarely - average game time is about 30 minutes to 1 hour a day, while travelling to and from work.

While the limit wouldn't affect me, and other "casual" (depending on your definition of this) , it does prevent others who are more active from getting gems without having to buy them (or farm story).

There is the issue with pc not getting ads, so that's something that need to be considered as well - as noted in my reply to the 1.3.46 beta announcement...
          A few people like me don't watch ad's for days and then on weekend for example, we watch easy 100 ad's per day. That's why it's a frustrating update for us
          left the game

Comment

Of course, you must realize that reducing the numbers of Ads also reduces the amount of income that comes from serving those advertisements as well. Obviously it was a necessary step.

Comment

<-- Plays on PCs, Never watches ad's to get gems. Doesn't understand why everyone is up in arms.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyclown View Post
                <-- Plays on PCs, Never watches ad's to get gems. Doesn't understand why everyone is up in arms.
                For me, I have time for ads to afford everything like sockets etc in short time but have not enough real money to buy gems for anything. Even if I have those money I won't buy more than 100per day.
                There are a lot of mobile players which I think worry about it too.
                It is really good to have pc and extra money to ignore such problems.
                Last edited by Shilien; 04-09-2019, 09:28 PM.

Comment

I think he was referring to playing on PC and not spending money and having to live with limited gems. If we can do it, so can mobile players.

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
                    I think he was referring to playing on PC and not spending money and having to live with limited gems. If we can do it, so can mobile players.
                    Of course, the corollary to that is, if mobile has to draw a symbol, pc players can too.

Comment

Originally posted by Shilien View Post

For me, I have time for ads to afford everything like sockets etc in short time but have not enough real money to buy gems for anything. Even if I have those money I won't buy more than 100per day.
                      There are a lot of mobile players which I think worry about it too.
                      It is really good to have pc and extra money to ignore such problems.
                      I hear you loud and clear. I would never ask anyone to spend money they didn't want to, or have. It sucks having something your use to and then not.

I am not one to throw cash at a game. I admit I do spend the $4 a month for the daily 100 gems when I am active. I am in no rush and usually log in once a day to collect and do the dailies. After some time there is a nice little stock pile.

I see it as mobile players get a nice little boost in gems over PC players as PC users do not have the means of collecting gems via ads.
                      Personally I don't care and any PC users should care IMO as true mobile users usually can't compete against the old mouse and keyboard.
                      If you're a PC user running an emulator that's when it gets a little foggy. But Kudos to the ones that do as they know how to use all their resources and have a whole different set of worries.

I am very happy with the way the devs (and Travis | Support Mgr. support and a cross platform title.
                      I was playing cross platform title prior to this for well over a year, and the PC side of things we're horrid. Extremely buggy, no fixes, couldn't participate in half the events and no response from support tickets etc.. one day I go to log into my account and they decided to wipe out all accounts that were PC. It was forever gone. That's how I found Eternium, something good at least came out of it!

I do not know the whole story but I'd imagine there was an exploit that was found and taken advantage of being whole reason mobile is getting their ads limited. It's a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyclown View Post
                        I do not know the whole story but I'd imagine there was an exploit that was found and taken advantage of being whole reason mobile is getting their ads limited. It's a shame.
                        I have no problem with limiting ad views, but the limit needs to be more forgiving. I would suggest either 500 ads a week or 2000 a month, as both would allow players to earn up to 10k gems a month (plus dailies, etc) without having to play every single day.

Comment

Do yo know what - the devs should just out and out treat their player base with some respect and explain why they are limiting ads, we all know the reason for the rest of it .. but Adrian (Developer) should man up and explain the ads thing because even as a relative newb I can see what is happening here,I know communication is not your strong point but seriously you need to be communicating now, or at least giving your support team info to communicate with your player base. I think most of us respect you as a Dev.. it is about time you returned the same respect.

Just my 2cp

and yeah .. you do need to communicate, before all your good intentions go to hell in a basket

Comment

Originally posted by yaddab View Post
                            Do yo know what - the devs should just out and out treat their player base with some respect and explain why they are limiting ads, we all know the reason for the rest of it .. but Adrian (Developer) should man up and explain the ads thing because even as a relative newb I can see what is happening here,I know communication is not your strong point but seriously you need to be communicating now, or at least giving your support team info to communicate with your player base. I think most of us respect you as a Dev.. it is about time you returned the same respect.

Just my 2cp

and yeah .. you do need to communicate, before all your good intentions go to hell in a basket

Here is part of my post under the patch topic. This should answer your question. I don't pretend to speak for Adrian or anyone on the team. But it's plain to see what is happening.

Simple, without the daily ad limit, I can run a bot and collect 10,000 gems a day 24/7. So I can outspend most whales with the ability to dump 140k gems per league or 420k gem per ANB cycle. Would you like to compete with me? If you feel that's fair competition, then look me up in a First Person Shooter game that I will use aimbot against you.

Anyway a few cheats always ruin the fun for the rest of us. I see this daily ad limit being squarely aimed at the botters. Although a weekly 300 ad limit might be better, if it's as easy to implement as the daily limit, as some others have suggested.
                            GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

No, sorry Arionthe, Devs really should man up (sorry person up), and acknowledge that their player base are interested in the game and tell us what is going on. We are not for the most part juvenile exploiters and cheaters.. a little communication would not go amiss

Comment

Working...
                              X