Expand Transmute to lower level Essences & Gemstones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expand Transmute to lower level Essences & Gemstones

(I'm sure this have been raised, but couldn't find anything obvious, if anyone knows where please post link, and Travis, please merge. Thank you)

Just thought it'll be good if the "Transmute -> Combine" option be expanded to lower "level" Essences and Gemstones.

Currently, it's only available for Greater Essences and Brilliant Gemstones.

So in order to keep trying for my max farming gear, crafting Rare/Epic normal pieces, I would have to upgrade my un-needed Lesser Essences all the way to Greater, transmute them, then break them down back to Lesser again... Having the ability to convert Lesser directly would save a lot of time, and Gold

Thanks for reading.
    Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

I second that. Some enchants use Level 4 emeralds/rubies/topazes, and I have had to upgrade excess diamonds/amethysts all the way to brilliant in order to convert them 2:1 into something else, and then pay yet more gold to downgrade them again.

Comment

+1
      VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

I know it's been a while since anyone answered this, but if you try lesser enchants, with smart crafting assist on, then there are some where you can combine lesser essences into normal ones. You just have to be a bit more creative with it. Took me a bit of looking to find this method. Would be nice if you could just do it like you can with combining gems.

Comment

• Teebs
          Teebs commented
          Editing a comment
          I think the "essence" of the question/suggestion here is the ability to directly convert one type of lesser(or regular) essence into another.

Lesser Water --> Lesser Fire

for example.

I would be curious to know if this is an option that is actually available in the smart crafting menu?

... KTB

Not really something that appears to 'easily' be done. But honestly why would you want to bother with converting lesser essences anyway? It's quick and easy to farm those, so you really don't *need* to convert them. You can combine lesser essences into normal ones, and normal ones into greater ones, and you can convert greater essences from one type to another. But each step costs gold as well, so you don't really want to do that if you don't have to. Once you have the type you want, you can use crafting to 'shatter' greater or normal essences, basically breaking them back down into lesser essences, but that's the only method I've seen so far.

Comment

• Teebs
          Teebs commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes,

This was the point of Nhat post to begin with. The entire process of converting one type of lesser essence into another is overly complicated and resource (gold) intensive.

I suspect that the issue has more to do with ANB (where resources are limited - as is the time to generate those resources). Crafting higher level rare/epic items will require a significant expenditure of lesser or normal essences. It is easy to run out of a type that you are crafting for higher level gear (even given the reduced 'cost' for crafting).

The reason is fairly straightforward - but the work around to achieve that end is certainly not..

... ktb
      Working...
      X