This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANB time penalty for Abandon & Repeat

How about a 1 minute deduction from your ANB clock for every "Abandon".

​​​​​​Or you're allowed a limited number of them to be used for "free" with no penalty, to be used for legitimate reasons, across the whole event, and then the penalty kicks in.

The point of the game should be to play the game. Not exploit loopholes.
    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

hard for me to disagree with this lol
    TEHA ZONU WEFO 4599
    Makina "The Corpse Princess" - stalker bh
    Sabre - dw warrior
    Shadowiiix - arcanist mage

Comment

Mobile players will be main sufferers as most of us have to abandon a very dark level. Won't matter much to PC players

Comment

10-15s penalties should be reasonable. Farming with "Abandon & Repeat" become inefficient with the delay, and for other cases (e.g. bad maps) the cost is acceptable.

Comment

Why do just mobile-only players have to suffer too with those and because of those who exploit loopholes. ShotDead told very important thing.

Abandoning dark annoying unplayable trials and abandoning other places for other reasons must be diversified then.

Comment

XP farming, and "map shopping" via the "abandon and restart" method have been acceptable in this game for a long time, there's no reason to be targeting the strategy because of some who may, or may not, be exploiting other things to be abe to push it to the extreme...

All the penalty is going to do is lower the potential xp gain for everyone involved. And causing map rng to be an even bigger factor for high trials - since every reset is penalised. Whatever associated loophole would still be there, those using them would still gain more than those that don't...

Fix the actual exploit/loophole/bug/whatever instead...

(just my point of view on the matter...)
            Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
              XP farming, and "map shopping" via the "abandon and restart" method have been acceptable in this game for a long time, there's no reason to be targeting the strategy because of some who may, or may not, be exploiting other things to be abe to push it to the extreme...

All the penalty is going to do is lower the potential xp gain for everyone involved. And causing map rng to be an even bigger factor for high trials - since every reset is penalised. Whatever associated loophole would still be there, those using them would still gain more than those that don't...

Fix the actual exploit/loophole/bug/whatever instead...

(just my point of view on the matter...)
              Agree

Comment

Nhat please suggest the better way to address the loopholes and exploiting of same.

Some things can exist for a long time, and THEN become a problem. Having existed for a while, does not make something "ok".

The penalty I suggested would lower the XP gain disproportionately for the botting exploiters. For those that simply "play" it would be a minimal impact.

I suggested the small bank of free abandons for the legit purposes people already mentioned above. Plus things like, you received a phone call, or the doorbell rings, or the kids start yelling, or whatever.
                Last edited by Coda; 06-14-2019, 11:38 AM.
                VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
                  The penalty I suggested would lower the XP gain disproportionately for the botting exploiters. For those that simply "play" it would be a minimal impact.
                  Why not just figure out a proper way to identify these botters and ban them altogether - hence no xp gain for them and no impact at all to those that simply "play".

I did the "CoW runs" for my recent ANB runs, if the above penalties are applied, I would have lost quite a bit of gameplay time, as would others "normal" players - and I don't think a level 70 time of 17 minutes would also have been possible with the penalties...(yes, it was posted on Discord, whether people accept that as "normal" is up to them...)

And yes, the "free reset bank" helps reduces the penalties, but then what is a "reasonable" amount? And it also means those "botters" can still use those to get ahead of everyone else anyway, so...

I do appreciate that some things are hard to identify, but I also do not feel that's it "correct" to accept a middle ground where your "normal" players are also penalised... High trials completion within ANB could then potentially boil down to how "lucky" you were with map generations and mob placements, we already have enough "luck issues" with drops - which Crafting eliminates, for those who can afford it...

Edit:
                  True, with respect to "simply because it's been there for a while doesn't mean it's not a problem" part - but the issue you're trying to address are the "botters using the functionality", not the functionality itself, so why not go straight to the "botters"...
                  Last edited by Nhat; 06-14-2019, 12:46 PM.
                  Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Shilien View Post
                    Abandoning dark annoying unplayable trials and abandoning other places for other reasons must be diversified then.
                    I play dark maps in a dark room with no lights... or a closet.... I can see everything perfectly then.

So seriously, I am just kidding about the closet, but I usually get most of my play time at night when the family is asleep. Low light environment helps with the dark maps, but yes, they still suck.

Zecena - Level 70 Bounty Hunter - Stalker Set
                    Champion Level: 1005
                    Damage: 986,792
                    Toughness: 332,216
                    Recovery: 59,285
                    Trial Level Completed: 114 - 9:54

Last Updated: June 19, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Coda View Post
                      How about a 1 minute deduction from your ANB clock for every "Abandon".

​​​​​​Or you're allowed a limited number of them to be used for "free" with no penalty, to be used for legitimate reasons, across the whole event, and then the penalty kicks in.

The point of the game should be to play the game. Not exploit loopholes.
                      Really... Even I will abandon the "cave" trials if I am running against the clock depending on what boss it is. Now your suggesting to penalize experienced players for knowing the landscapes.
                      I am not really certain on what brought this on but - If boting is the issue here; a simple human verification check before starting the trial would squash the boting dead in it's tracks.

I feel for the mobile players with the darker maps. A lighting (day/night) toggle option would be an elegant solution.

Comment

Originally posted by ShotDead View Post
                        Mobile players will be main sufferers as most of us have to abandon a very dark level. Won't matter much to PC players
                        Abandon penalty off your ANB clock? No. Take time off the level's 10 min. trial clock, which won't hurt anyone too much. Repeated abandons on the same level incur an increasing penalty. Not on the main clock, tho. Too harsh, to retributive.

@Shotdead: Yes. No more dungeons and dragons in the dark! I'd say a warning or a counter to keep track of abandons.

Also, for "inept but enthusiastic" players like myself, I abandon when 10 elites are camped out on my doorstep or 1000 enemy are right at the starting point. and I always check. Everyone has seen how much harder some levels are b/c of the setup. I don't fault people (myself included) for abandoning instead of fighting on, dying, dying and then more dying.
                        FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

idk... im with Vwdriver the darkness doesn't really bother me as much... what does is the map orientation's... this is most notable with mages, shopping for tiny, tight clumped maps for ease of pulling... although i hear and agree with some of the opposing veiwpoints above... it just doesn't make sense to ask players to adopt "map picking" as an eternium skill... some maps are so drastically different in space between trash mobs... this is a problem, making rng far more of a factor, and map picking, an abusable technique... i believe the only real fix is to take some of the most abusable/unusable maps, and completely remove them from the list of random map rng... i get removing isn't ideal, but it would even much of this problem out... just saying lol

also, travis has already said dp wont do captcha (if memory serves correctly)... so that wont do for anti-botting here
                          TEHA ZONU WEFO 4599
                          Makina "The Corpse Princess" - stalker bh
                          Sabre - dw warrior
                          Shadowiiix - arcanist mage

Comment

I only play mobile on iPads, admittedly the screen size is larger than a phone. I have never seen a level which is too dark to navigate easily. Possibly there is glare on the screen?

Comment

My goal has been achieved. There is healthy discussion above about various good ways to close the &^#^&%# loopholes and exploits, yet preserve "legit gameplay" for virtually all other players.

Now it's up to the Devs, to act or not.

VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381

Comment

Working...
                              X