Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Patch 1.4.16 - no announcement, no communication, no nothing. Or: how to do it wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Patch 1.4.16 - no announcement, no communication, no nothing. Or: how to do it wrong

This concerns Dream Primer dealing with their players and paying customers.

Bugged eph-jewelry during Bronze (again)?
    Well, at least everyone had the same advantage/disadvantage. Embarrassing, but still no harm done to competition.

Bugged eph-jewelry -changed- (read: nerfed to the ground) during Bronze just for those who updated to .16?
    This has a huge impact to the whole competition!
    Players using their overpowered eph-jewelry for hours now have an uncatchable advantage compared to those who were still waiting to start the grind.

Travis, do the devs know this?
    (How) do they consider to deal with this?
    Silence again?

People paying money for this game, people are trying to compete by fair means.
    Your way dealing with them is unbusinesslike.

I once wrote this in a thread two months ago:
    I am sure you are still loving your game and Eternium is an affair of the heart for you.
    You created a really good game and I wholeheartedly wish you can make a good living from it.
    I have to recall it.
    Last edited by Cyraph; 08-16-2019, 02:05 PM.
    Action-RPG-History: Diablo, Diablo2, Diablo3 ... Eternium

Silver2: #33 Mage (Nancy) TL129
    Gold2: #20 Mage (Nancy) TL131
    Bronze3: #1 BH (Nancy) TL143
    Season1: #7 Warrior (Dekay) TL153

I am still unable to see this patch in the Play Store. Were there any patch notes? ( never mind)

It sounds like it only punishes people who simply wanted to be conscientious and get the latest bugfixes. I was one of those waiting with 10:30 hrs still on clock, expected to be able to use the bugged jewelry. I hear the patch 'fixed' the leaderboard issues. Why bother, if the competitors all get random advantages or disadvantages depending on whims of developers?

Comment

Originally posted by ScabbyNuisance View Post
      I was one of those waiting with 10:30 hrs still on clock, expected to be able to use the bugged jewelry.
      Developers have now added to the Event Duration and the Event Timer.

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post
        Developers have now added to the Event Duration and the Event Timer.
        Well, that's nice of them, but have they reset trials progress for everyone who was able to make use of the overpowered rings? Because unless they do, that additional time may not be adequate compensation. Also, everyone gets that additional time, so those who already got the advantage may now build upon it further, albeit with nerfed versions of the jewelry.

You and I may not care about the leaderboards and medals (I play mobile, and do it poorly), but for the many that do care, I think the devs decision to make these changes near the end of ANB was ill-advised. I don't know what can be done at this point to make things more fair.

Comment

Devs still can't make it good and fair for all folks in one time, yet many have got their jewelry nerfed when others are now able to make perfect ones. Wouldn't it be better not to make the whole mess much bigger? I start to think I'd better not have updated, don't care how it sounds.

Comment

Unavailable in Playstore

Comment

Originally posted by Ninka View Post
              Unavailable in Playstore
              Same here. Where are people getting the patch from?

Comment

Same here. Where are people getting the patch from?
                I was able to update iOS, Android and Windows all from their appropriate stores. I do not have an Amazon device so I do not know about that one.

In the past I have noticed that sometimes I would not see the updates for several hours after others have reported an update or even after one of my own Android devices has it.

Be patient. The version 1.4.16 update is coming.

ScabbyNuisance Take a look at a post I just put out there and please let me know your thoughts. I would appreciate your feedback.

While searching the archives due to the issues that have been popping up during the current ANB I found out that the original ANB had a beta. I do not know that particulars of that beta as I was not a part of it. However, I do know at least one thing for certain. There are players out there that are willing to beta events even

Everyone's feedback is appreciated. If y'all think it is stupid I will just pull it down. I believe it to be an important discussion to put out there given the current situation we have been going through.

Comment

Well, that's nice of them, but have they reset trials progress for everyone who was able to make use of the overpowered rings? Because unless they do, that additional time may not be adequate compensation. Also, everyone gets that additional time, so those who already got the advantage may now build upon it further, albeit with nerfed versions of the jewelry.

You and I may not care about the leaderboards and medals (I play mobile, and do it poorly), but for the many that do care, I think the devs decision to make these changes near the end of ANB was ill-advised. I don't know what can be done at this point to make things more fair.
                  No they haven't reset the trials.
                  Arcanist mage: Fabi, TL 143 9:51
                  Regalia mage: Wagstaffer , TL 142 9:26
                  Stalker BH: Nique, TL 111 4:25
                  Defender Warrior: Gutz, TL 123, 7:37

Comment

If anyone is still not seein 1.4.16 in the PLay Store, try clearing the app cache for the Play Store app.

Comment

Working...
                    X