Players Willing to Beta ANBs and Other Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Players Willing to Beta ANBs and Other Events

While searching the archives due to the issues that have been popping up during the current ANB I found out that the original ANB had a beta. I do not know that particulars of that beta as I was not a part of it. However, I do know at least one thing for certain.

There are players out there that are willing to beta events even if the characters can not become regular characters and no rewards like medals are granted. I personally believe the only thing that would be required would be to transfer the experience, gold, and gems to the testers regular account after the beta is completed. You would likely be able to get away with not transferring any equipment including gemstones or other things that are stored in Stash like boosters and boxes. You have players that are heavily invested in your product and wish to see it prosper and succeed and you have the develops and marketers reap the financial rewards you are owed for doing work that we enjoy.

The beta wouldn't need to be long duration. A simple 24 hour or 48 hour beta would allow testing through character level 70 and up through trial levels 80 and 100 to check to see if there are any problems like what have plagued this event. Things that could be easily determined very quickly by a live player beta include but are not limited to:

1. Leaderboard issues.
    2. Rewards that don't match their descriptions like the jewelry boxes that were yielding unusually high values but only rares.
    3. Unmet expectations like getting two celestial boxes by trial level 100 but not seeing any level 71 celestial items.

This listing is not exhaustive but contains the low hanging fruit and has caused the most dissatisfaction with this current Bronze ANB. Checking the low hanging fruit like these would not take long for many of your players but would insulate the general player base from problems that can cause the most harm. The beta would not need to be long.

The ad issue is completely outside this scope as the ad problems are not related to the ANB and would not be related though the coincidence has caused tremendous strife when combined with the ANB issues.

You have an established beta program. Use it. We members of the beta program have signed on for playing experiences that can go completely sideways and can even end up unplayable. Use your beta program to frustrate those that have volunteered for it and have expressed a willingness to grow your product to minimize the risk of having a situation occur that creates negative experiences to the general player base which can lead to people abandoning the game or given 1-star negative reviews.

Let us help you improve your product for everyone's benefit.

Players: I ask that you only "like" this post if you, like me, are willing to participate in beta testing events in a short duration time span without any permanent rewards so that we can give the developers a feel for willing or not we are as a player base to help them improve their product. Feel free to post other comments or ideas but please reserve the likes for only expressing willingness.

Edits: Are for correcting typos.
    Last edited by Tin Man; 08-16-2019, 10:46 PM.

It probably would be enough if just a couple of players agree to participate and just run through the main issues' points. I'm in, unless before I'm done with all the mess. *There should be sad sarcastic smile*
    Last edited by Shilien; 08-17-2019, 01:52 AM.

Comment

I agree with this post and according to the Google playstore, when I got this update, it was indeed a beta. I don't know if that's why everything was riddled with bugs or, if the event was really meant to take place at all at that time. Though I wouldn't mind seeing a 2 day beta in between the end of bronze and the start of silver to make sure silver runs as it should, I'd like an in-game menu to take us to the beta, if possible.

If this were to happen as described, I personally would like to have the crafting materials and any non jewelry item to carry over from the AnB but I would still participate if it didn't carry over.
      Arcanist mage: Fabi, TL 143 9:51
      Regalia mage: Wagstaffer , TL 142 9:26
      Stalker BH: Nique, TL 111 4:25
      Defender Warrior: Gutz, TL 123, 7:37

Comment

Originally posted by Wagstaffer View Post
        I agree with this post and according to the Google playstore, when I got this update, it was indeed a beta. I don't know if that's why everything was riddled with bugs or, if the event was really meant to take place at all at that time. Though I wouldn't mind seeing a 2 day beta in between the end of bronze and the start of silver to make sure silver runs as it should, I'd like an in-game menu to take us to the beta, if possible.

If this were to happen as described, I personally would like to have the crafting materials and any non jewelry item to carry over from the AnB but I would still participate if it didn't carry over.
        I thought it might be a beta also when I first accessed with my Android device as it was tagged Beta. My iOS and Windows devices got it almost immediately thereafter though.

My comments about not moving things over to the regular account at the end were to keep claims "Beta players get a unfair advantage!" from popping up. The biggest issue is that to quickly get to TL 100 to validate all the rewards required gems, or at least is does for me. Plus, just to open up a character costs about 265 gems. Either the beta players would have to be willing to blow through some gems or the developers would need to have some way to seed for a short-term beta event.

Keep in mind that even everything crafted during an ANB is strictly from the gold and materials obtained during the ANB other than possibly gold from converted gems. That was my reasoning for my comment.

The contributions of you and Shilien to this discussion are appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post

I thought it might be a beta also when I first accessed with my Android device as it was tagged Beta. My iOS and Windows devices got it almost immediately thereafter though.

My comments about not moving things over to the regular account at the end were to keep claims "Beta players get a unfair advantage!" from popping up. The biggest issue is that to quickly get to TL 100 to validate all the rewards required gems, or at least is does for me. Plus, just to open up a character costs about 265 gems. Either the beta players would have to be willing to blow through some gems or the developers would need to have some way to seed for a short-term beta event.

Keep in mind that even everything crafted during an ANB is strictly from the gold and materials obtained during the ANB other than possibly gold from converted gems. That was my reasoning for my comment.

The contributions of you and Shilien to this discussion are appreciated.
          Hmm, maybe the best way then would be start us off with all slots unlocked so we don't need to spend anything on the event or reimburse us afterwards. I didn't think about what others would say about the "unfair" items gained but it would surely be said. Anb mage leaderboard still has some questionable things but oh well.
          Arcanist mage: Fabi, TL 143 9:51
          Regalia mage: Wagstaffer , TL 142 9:26
          Stalker BH: Nique, TL 111 4:25
          Defender Warrior: Gutz, TL 123, 7:37

Comment

+1 Tin Man - I hereby approve this message.

I'm a pretty lousy player, on mobile, too, and make a ton of stupid mistakes. I'd be a perfect beta tester!

Comment

Tin Man I think your idea is a good one. I would be interested in finding out more about the beta for the original ANB, that was long before I started playing. I also think letting beta testers try not just the new ANBs but also new game versions before open release could eliminate lots of negative comments from general playing community.

As is, it doesn't appear that beta testers are used much at all before any new release. I've seen 4 or 5 new versions of game since I started playing, some preceded by a beta, some not: and as far as I can recall there was very little lead time between release of beta and final version release. This means no testing or reporting of problems, or fixing of said problems could have occurred for those different versions. It looks more like each new version is an attempt to enhance or improve game, and fix some problems, but fails to address all the identified issues with game play, LBs, and rewards that don't match what are listed in descriptions.

I presume that the devs do pay some attention to forums, and hopefully draw from our comments to address game issues. However, it would be nice if there were some kind of process that would allow the beta testers to directly communicate with devs to report any problems they encounter in their tests. Maybe a beta testers forum where we can discuss and report issues with devs before final release occurs.

How about if beta testers did their testing on accounts or with heros that are only used for testing purposes. Betas open new account not connected to existing account or heros, Eternium provides 1, 2 or 3 free slots that can only be used for beta testing and not during regular play or ANB events. At game start, Eternium provides some set amount of seed gems to every beta tester. At end of test play the player gets any gold they earned, exp points, and any gems over the seed amount transferred to regular account. If you end up with less gems than you start, you get 0 gems transferred. There should be no transfer of anything else as all gear dropped/crafted/used should disappear at end of testing period. Otherwise this won't fly with rest of playing community who will then view us as unfair cheaters. Since most beta testers are probably over say CL1200, the resulting exp pts coming from beta hero shouldn't be enough to bother anyone not a beta tester. The gold we gain is for time lost playing regular hero and whatever goodies you would have gotten just playing game.

I personally would find a 24 or 48 hr testing period to be far too short for me to do any kind of adequate hero development and trial testing if that was the objective. It's not uncommon for me to only have enough play time to collect my daily quest rewards. Many days I spend more time reading forums than actually playing any of my heros I would require more like 3 or 4 days to be able to develop hero and be able to push trials at 80-100. Like ScabbyNuisance said about being a lousy player who makes lots of mistakes . . . that's me. While many of you have collected both C-boxes in this ANB and had/have time left over, I managed to get 1st one at T80 with 1hr 30 min left on my timer. The extra 2 hrs we got with 1.4.16 update got me another 8 levels and I was able to collect enough gold to craft legendary tunic. So now with 1 hr 30 min remaining, again, I'm at T88 and I know that 2nd C-box at T100 is completely out of my reach, as is any type of ranked finish in this ANB. But I'm not playing to get on LB, or even to get any medals, I'm playing because it's fun and I enjoy challenge of growing a new hero and seeing how far I can go. Did same thing with my non-ANB warrior, just developed him slowly over last couple of months.
              Didn't mean to get so verbose, that'll teach you for asking for my opinion on something as open as this.

Comment

I'm sure there are plenty of players willing to help out with testing, regardless of whether they receive anything for it or not. The issue is how the whole beta process is handled...

There used to be a Closed Beta Google+ group, but Google have closed that down, which mean we're left with the Open Beta from Google Play. But these uses our normal accounts and resources, which limits what players can reasonably tests.

The few major betas I know of are those before the major Trials rebalance in Nov 2017, the Hometown/Act 4, and the new Crafting system - multiple players documented what we found and provided detailed logs and reports to the devs, those posts are still around here somewhere... We even asked for access to the Bugs list that they have so that we can double check for them, but was never given access...

As mentioned, here and many times previously, we need separate testing account, with resources required to properly test combinations and what ifs...

Separating test and live accounts would also eliminate any carry-over issues - other than "advance knowledge and strategies". And would also remove the delayed update issue with Google Play Store - Betas usually bypasses their review process, since users were warned and accepted the possibilities of bugs, whereas the live version go through some checks (as far as I understand anyway...)

I'm still in the Beta for Eternium because I'm still willing to help where I can...
                Last edited by Nhat; 08-17-2019, 11:04 AM.
                Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
                  As mentioned, here and many times previously, we need separate testing account, with resources required to properly test combinations and what ifs...

Separating test and live accounts would also eliminate any carry-over issues - other than "advance knowledge and strategies". And would also remove the delayed update issue with Google Play Store - Betas usually bypasses their review process, since users were warned and accepted the possibilities of bugs, whereas the live version go through some checks (as far as I understand anyway...)

I'm still in the Beta for Eternium because I'm still willing to help where I can...
                  Just came here to type this.

Comment

Working...
                  X