No announcement yet.

Make crafting higher level items deterministic cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another possibility would be if heroes were allowed to craft items up to two levels higher than their own. Crafting L72 items directly might yield very reasonable chances to get L74-75s as a result.

Also, this might make crafting at lower hero levels far more useful than it is today (i.e, a level 12 blue XP gear crafted and immediately usable by a level 10 hero might hasten the leveling up to 20+, and so on).

I do believe, however, that doubling the price for each level is too steep a curve. Something closer to 40-50% per level feels more adequate, making L72 gear double the cost for L70.

EDIT: In practicality (is this an english word?), this would offer a 3x higher chance/cost ratio for crafting L75s. Not an automatic L75 for everyone, but definitely a much more comfortable odds ratio.
    Last edited by MarkHark; 10-02-2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post
      EDIT: In practicality (is this an english word?), this would offer a 3x higher chance/cost ratio for crafting L75s. Not an automatic L75 for everyone, but definitely a much more comfortable odds ratio.
      Practicality
      noun
      1. 1.the quality or state of being practical.
        "there are still major doubts about the practicality of the proposal"
        Similar: feasibility; possibility; practicability; viability
      However, I would normally expect this, "In practice, this would offer..."

Comment

• MarkHark
        MarkHark commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the correction!

We have now max level 77 gear items. Just a question...is it normal to spend 30-40M gold and not get a single lvl76-lvl77 item? I am not that sad about the money, but my crafting materials(especially greater essence) are all gone now. I mean, gathering all that gold and materials took many months of playing/farming.

Is my spending registered somewhere on the server, do I hit a reward limit eventually? Like "ok, this guy has spent 50M crafting garbage, now I'm going to give him a lvl77". Or is it just forever random? Could I spend even 500M gold and still not get a decent item?

All those people in the leaderboard with full lvl77 gear...I guess some of those items might have been obtained during ANB events, but still...are they really lucky, am I unlucky, did they spend 1B on crafting them?

Comment

It seems to be completely random, I've been recrafting my green lvl 77 gold farming gear and have gotten 2 lvl 77's in less then 5 attempts and I've also have gotten a streak of 50 craft and the highest was a 75.

I would like less RNG for obtaining the gear you want, a few ideas in no particular order:
        - Put in something that lets the player work towards getting a guaranteed lvled item of a certain quality.
        Make it kind of like a bank, you build up credit by crafting, that you can then spent to get an item of a certain lvl and quality that you can choose, the chosen level and quality determines how much credit is used up.
        Every item gives x credit if you have crafted for example 29 green ones you have enough credit to get a lvl 77 green item or you could keep on crafting till you have enough credit for a guaranteed lvl 77 orange item. The higher quality you craft the more credit you get.
        There is still RNG involved and you can get a lucky high level craft but while you are still working towards a certainty.

- Make it possible to to lvl up an item, make it a quest or a bunch of resources, the higher the level the more resources you'll need or the harder "longer" the quest takes.

- The more trails you complete the higher chance that you get a lvled item.
        Every trail has an amount of points tied to it, they keep adding up till a lvl 77 drops and then the points get reset, the higher your points rise the higher chance you have for a lvl 77, till it's 100%.
        For example every trail up to 60 gives 1 point, 60-69 is 2, 70-79 is 3, 80-89 is 4, 90-100 is 5 and so on, half the points are converted to % so after 40 runs of TL 90 you have 200 points which is 100% and a lvl 77 will drop resetting the points.
        Let the player know how many points are gathered and how close that item is, a small text when selecting a trail should be enough "You have x% for a lvl 77 item to drop".
        Maybe tie the next 2 ideas into this one, if both are tied into this the points need to be tweaked, it should take a lot of "work" and time but eventually you should get it.

- Let us select an item that we really want and that gets a higher chance to drop, first selected item is free, for the next ones you'll need to do a quest, pay gold or farm something.

- Let us set 2 stats that should always be on the items that drop, more chance of the items with a decent level to be usable and when salvaged will give the corresponding materials so easier to farm what you need for crafting. Make it changeable with a quest, gold, farming something.

- Some kind of fusing of items, you need x items of x level that you can then fuse for a higher level, you can then choose 4 stats that were on the original items.
        Lets say every lvl above lvl 70 gives 1 "point" and you need x points total for a certain level, like 2 points for 72, 4 for 73, 8 for 74, 16 for 75, 32 for 76 and 64 for 77. So a full inventory of crafts should easily yield a lvl 77 item.
        We'll need more storage space to make this feasable for orange crafts since they require so much resources its either farming till you have enough to make that lvl 77 a certainty or go in lower increments that will then cost so much more.

Comment

• MetalMan
          MetalMan commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think there is a need for points system - what you describe is pretty much covered already by salvaging items. You farm trials and get drops - you salvage most of dropped items. You craft items - you salvage the bad ones. And so on. I believe the only thing that needs to be corrected - unbalanced salvage operation, which returns too few materials (and no gold).

• kamap
          kamap commented
          Editing a comment
          The points system is there that after you have crafted an x amount of gear you are certain to get a max lvl one.

• MetalMan
          MetalMan commented
          Editing a comment
          I see your point and it is a valid one. Also I have to mention that if salvaging returned more materials and gold, we would have more attempts to craft (still it would not guarantee a max lvl item, of course).
          Now given the effort and time required to introduce a new point-based system vs to adjust salvaging, I would vote for the latter :-)

Originally posted by Chosen View Post
        Why are we calling it RNG and not what it actually is? It's gambling.
        I've spent 99% of my time in the season shooting ducks with a bazooka (what it feels like to do hundreds of 1.5 minutes TLL100 runs with a CL2200 BH) so that I get enough coins to use in the slot machine that is Ingrid. Because trying to hunt the biggest beasts that my toon can hunt (TL130+) takes more time and gives the same loot.

Back on topic, I like the idea, but crafting should be one of the many ways to get to the endgame, not BE the endgame.
        or make the loot of TL110/120+ way better and a bigger chance for lvl 75+ items

Comment

Originally posted by kamap View Post
          It seems to be completely random, I've been recrafting my green lvl 77 gold farming gear and have gotten 2 lvl 77's in less then 5 attempts and I've also have gotten a streak of 50 craft and the highest was a 75.

I would like less RNG for obtaining the gear you want, a few ideas in no particular order:
          - Put in something that lets the player work towards getting a guaranteed lvled item of a certain quality.
          This is exactly why I was against awarding a CT in ANB. L77 Cbox was a much better choice for those who don't wanna exploit. Devs don't seem to agree.

Comment

• Shilien
            Shilien commented
            Editing a comment
            But isn't a L77 Cbox just a gift?

• kamap
            kamap commented
            Editing a comment
            Might be but then everyone has a chance on those yummy 77 celestial items.
            As a weapon is the most important thing to get at high level to farm more efficient in ANB, most people will first go for that and then after they will go for extra gea.

I've had the luck to roll a 77 weapon the last 4 ANB's but I never gotten a lvl 77 anything else, a few 76's though.
            So my main BH now has 3 lvl 77's pistols, my exp grinding mage a lvl 77 staff, next ANB I'll probably go for a mage again and I'll be concentrating on getting a high lvl staff first, I hope to get 2 lvl 77 items so I can take a staff and something else to my pusher mage and exp grinding mage.

So it's either be less efficient in grinding exp, while hoping for 2 lvl 77 items that aren't weapons, hope for a lvl 77 item out of ANB that you can then CT later on, ...

So getting a lvl 77 Cbox would solve that, you reach TL80 and you open that cbox for a weapon, when reaching 100 you can take that second weapon or the worst item and make that a lvl 77 celestial. Then after ANB ends they get reverted to cboxes again and now any character can have any item it wants at 77 and celestial.
            I'm holding onto 4 ct's since I haven't gotten any item that is good enough (read not 77, I find it a waste using ct's on not 77 items) to make into a celestial.

With a lvl 77 Cbox I wouldn't have that problem and my exp griding mage would be rocking 8 lvl 77 celestial items.
        Working...
        X