Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controller support / Octopus App

Hi,

First I want to thank you for such a great game. I appreciate it a lot and also spend some money on it.

I know it has been posted a couple of times in the last years. But I would like to ask again, is a controller support planned for Android?

I also tried the following thing: I connected a USB adapter to my phone to use a wireless Xbox 360 controller. And that's working (at least in normal android). To use it in games, I looked In the play store and found an app called octopus. With that app it should be possible to map keys and even swipes to keys. Which would be great to have a better experience on mobile. But if I start octopus and then eternium from it, the game doesn't start and it shows an error. Are you able to fix this? Should I post the error message here?

Best Regards,
    Chip

Hello,

I'm having the exact same problem as Chip777 when trying to use Octopus with my controller. Seems to be working with most of my games though.
    The error message below:
    couldn't load .so file: /data/data/com.chaozhuo.gameassistant.plugin32/virtual/data/user/0/com.makingfun.mageandminions/lib/libAPPmageandminions.so

I have done some troubleshooting myself. Got some tips from https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...g-your-problem.
    1. Clear memory on phone by restarting and then force closing many unused apps
    2. Clear storage
    3. Restart phone
    4. Clear cache/data for Eternium
    5. Reinstall Eternium

I'm using an Samsung Galaxy S7 with latest version of my OS.

I have VMOS installed on my phone, it's and Android Emulator of sorts. I will install Eternium and Octopus there just to see if that would work.
    I will try to update my progress but if this is fixable, please let me and Chip777 know!

Thanks!

Comment

Hi again,

Tried Eternium through VMOS but got memory error. My phone is not powerfull enough to be able to test this.

Comment

Controller support is something the team will have to revisit after the port to Unreal.

Comment

• 13ft shadow
          13ft shadow commented
          Editing a comment
          Really? lol
      Working...
      X