No announcement yet.

The RNG on gear-crafting is a problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tin Man, this is a pretty common cycle for me. I grind and farm like crazy during events and then I have to step away for a bit. It’s all I can manage to complete daily quests. I’ll hop back in when the next event starts. For now? I’m having a blast playing Witcher 3 on Xbox. No grinding. Just open world adventures. ; )

Comment

Anjaeka go for books, its only 7 to read.
      Didnt play. I watched netflix but its sucks big time. Books are amazing

Comment

• Anjaeka
        Anjaeka commented
        Editing a comment
        Love the books! The games are fantastic as well.

Wolf86PL I did play all three Witcher installments on PC, those are amazing games! And there is renewed hope for Witcher 4!
      KUSA GAJE GASU 4903

CL 2367

Comment

Well i never nad a solid pc to enjoy the gamę. Maybe in future. Tell me Sharp did you meet a "Regis" person in game?

Comment

• Fish knife
          Fish knife commented
          Editing a comment
          I think he only appears in an add-on that I never played...

You'll have to play it for yourself. Cmon man, the games are being developed by a Polish studio. You gotta support your local industry!

Well I did. I buyed the books haha dont want to tell to much. Regis is one in a kinde... i think one day i will play, but prefer books. One saga that i started is "Malazan book of fallen" man... so far there is nothoing better for me. Waiting for re print to polish. People selling them for HUGE price. Neverminde. This is COSMOS of fantasy for real!

Comment

• Tin Man
          Tin Man commented
          Editing a comment
          Pardon my ignorance. What do you mean by "COSMOS of fantasy"?

Ignorancy is very adecvat to what I post.
        World is HUGE. There is many breeds with their culture and history. Many individuals that you like on both "sides". Planty of politics, strategy, back sides story's, magic that have "layers" Plurality and richnes and richnes in plurality haha. Nad still book after book is like puzzles. You want to see the hole picture. Steven Erikson is writing this saga since 99 if om not wrong. Sometimes comemdy (not to often), bravery, stupidnes, shallow, ddamatic, heroic, victory, death, life, sadness its purely epic journey!
        Im in love with this world, story, characters.
        Try to read first one. If you prefer lack of sleep to the book I want blame you

Salut to Bridge burners. "First in, last out!".
        Last edited by Wolf86PL; 01-07-2020, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Totally feel so many peoples pain, 1000's upon 1000's of resources wasted along with 100mil+ gold in the pursuit of lv77 anything. Apparently creating a new hero yields a higher chance of higher levels. Not sure if there is any proof of this though.

Comment

Since im able to farm tl110 in 5 minutes I stoped craft items. I farm on laptop cuz on phone is purely impossible. I have more fun and better luck compering to crafting and you dont loose, you only gain.

Comment

Originally posted by Anjaeka View Post
              Don’t feel bad. I just spent 35 million in gold plus a TON of resources trying to get a level 77 weapon. The best I got was a level 75. All those hours spent farming with boosters at 75 gems each..... gone in less than 5 minutes. I’m burned out.
              Yow!!! You must be a bit unlucky, Angie. In my 3 accounts, I've got 13 characters. My TL pushers have all got L77's converted to Celestials and even my gold-grubbers have all got 77's and one has 3. True, the three are green, blue and purple, but I think the odds are the same, just a lower cost. She's 888% extra gold unboosted.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-01-13 at 5.37.46 PM.png
Views:	351
Size:	272.4 KB
ID:	159193

I think after Adrian said that MF/DP put their thumb on the RNG's scale (the gambler's fallacy), I became a lot more cautious of dumping large amounts all at once. If I didn't get something decent in the first 10 rolls, I'd quit for a while. I definitely think the fix is in on crafting. Clearly MF/DP is trying to suck as much out of you as they think they can get, so there may be times when the RNG is kinder than others. Wait for those times IMO.
              Last edited by TerryDarc; 01-13-2020, 10:40 PM.
              FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryDarc View Post

Yow!!! You must be a bit unlucky, Angie. In my 3 accounts, I've got 13 characters. My TL pushers have all got L77's converted to Celestials and even my gold-grubbers have all got 77's and one has 3. True, the three are green, blue and purple, but I think the odds are the same, just a lower cost. She's 888% extra gold unboosted.

Name:	Screenshot 2020-01-13 at 5.37.46 PM.png
Views:	351
Size:	272.4 KB
ID:	159193

I think after Adrian said that MF/DP put their thumb on the RNG's scale (the gambler's fallacy), I became a lot more cautious of dumping large amounts all at once. If I didn't get something decent in the first 10 rolls, I'd quit for a while. I definitely think the fix is in on crafting. Clearly MF/DP is trying to suck as much out of you as they think they can get, so there may be times when the RNG is kinder than others. Wait for those times IMO.
                I’ve got level 77 items, but I was going for legendary weapons. Trying to get a GOOD 77 IM? Ridiculously expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Anjaeka View Post

I’ve got level 77 items, but I was going for legendary weapons. Trying to get a GOOD 77 IM? Ridiculously expensive.
                  Are you saying an 77 IM cape is harder to get than any other 77? I fail to understand that line of thinking. Pretty sure there is a single RNG when you roll the dice for a green common cape or a Legendary 77 IM. Just much more expensive for the latter. Or are the stats on all the IM 77 capes you get inferior so you discard them?

Other than the admitted "gambler's fallacy" which should have been on your side except for my main point, ie. the RNG goes south every now and then. I'm advising figuring out when that is and just giving it a rest then. Try later.
                  FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Comment

Are you saying an 77 IM cape is harder to get than any other 77? I fail to understand that line of thinking. Pretty sure there is a single RNG when you roll the dice for a green common cape or a Legendary 77 IM. Just much more expensive for the latter. Or are the stats on all the IM 77 capes you get inferior so you discard them?

Other than the admitted "gambler's fallacy" which should have been on your side except for my main point, ie. the RNG goes south every now and then. I'm advising figuring out when that is and just giving it a rest then. Try later.
                    IM is one of the items that has a varying bonus effect. To get 20% chance for 100 ability rate, it takes a lot of forges. Just turning a 77 IM into a celestial won’t increase the bonus, just the stats.

Comment

Originally posted by RAFERS102 View Post
                      Totally feel so many peoples pain, 1000's upon 1000's of resources wasted along with 100mil+ gold in the pursuit of lv77 anything. Apparently creating a new hero yields a higher chance of higher levels. Not sure if there is any proof of this though.
                      You could be on to something. My only two heroes that have crafted or picked up a level 77 drop were the characters that I created during the last ANB. Maybe its time to replace my old Level 70 heroes with newbies...

Comment

Then let us not even talk about my luck. I wanna say that I have something like thirteen profiles that I use for various rabbit holes and testing with over 45 heroes amongst them with the newest profile less than a week old to verify that the enemies levels for trials 1 through 7 are indeed ten times like everyone thinks rather than as one player claimed. Guess what? I do not have a single Legendary level 77 set or unique piece on any of the heroes. I just recently started getting some level 75s and a few level 76s. I was shocked this last ANB when I crafted a Epic level 77 Blackguard's Resolve that was perfect on several attributes.

I do not even try pursuing higher level gear outside of an event like ANB where I have to craft to just play.

After all these events and all this crafting? I have equipied one level 76 Integralas Mantle and one level 76 Ion Gun with both being Legendary. After those two pieces? Even the level 75 items that I have equipped are few and far between.

I am really not up to grinding for hundreds of hours to try crafting more to pursue gear that will be obsolete the next season.

My success with what I have is within the acceptable range and just live with what I have.

I am just back to grinding gold from The Gauntlet while I go through my work day.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post

Then let us not even talk about my luck. I wanna say that I have something like thirteen profiles that I use for various rabbit holes and testing with over 45 heroes amongst them with the newest profile less than a week old to verify that the enemies levels for trials 1 through 7 are indeed ten times like everyone thinks rather than as one player claimed. Guess what? I do not have a single Legendary level 77 set or unique piece on any of the heroes. I just recently started getting some level 75s and a few level 76s. I was shocked this last ANB when I crafted a Epic level 77 Blackguard's Resolve that was perfect on several attributes.

I do not even try pursuing higher level gear outside of an event like ANB where I have to craft to just play.-

After all these events and all this crafting? I have equipied one level 76 Integralas Mantle and one level 76 Ion Gun with both being Legendary. After those two pieces? Even the level 75 items that I have equipped are few and far between.

I am really not up to grinding for hundreds of hours to try crafting more to pursue gear that will be obsolete the next season.

My success with what I have is within the acceptable range and just live with what I have.

I am just back to grinding gold from The Gauntlet while I go through my work day.
                          My hat is off to you, Tin Man !!! That is a true believer's flock and more. I am assuming that you've maxxed your Mastery Level at 50. I've got 3 TL pushers where I've buried my Celestial Essences (and it still isn't doing me much good). Those 3 are in 3 separate accounts and each has one and only one 77 - one of which is the Integralas, one a Helm and boots, all Stalker BH. I did not grind for hours to get these but I DID try to get a sense of whether the RNG was in a good mood or not and quit when s/he was not.

Also, I've got blue/green ELR Mages for gold grubbing (who were no longer competitive) - these have been converted to blue/green gold-grubbers with several 77's, and as I mentioned to Anjaeka , the odds should be the same for getting bumped up in level from 71->77 for a green piece than for a Legendary, right? I think maybe I've crafted 20-30 greens or blues to get a 77 and a lot less than that for a Legendary b/c they are so expensive in terms of both gold and resources. I just don't have either to spend with a cranky RNG.

The 3 gold-grubbers coincidentally each have 3 77's equips. None has a piece < 74. Here's one...

Name:	Screenshot 2020-01-16 at 1.30.56 PM.png
Views:	349
Size:	319.3 KB
ID:	159480

If you craft 3 or 4 in a row whatever's and you don't get one or more bumps up, it's time to hang it up for the night.
                          FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Comment

• Tin Man
                            Tin Man commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Not a true believer's flock but there are some things that you can only test with new profiles and I tend to go way too long with cleaning out my old testing profiles. There is not enough time in a day to deal with one profile let along any more.
                        Working...
                        X