Major Concerns Over The Silver #4 Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major Concerns Over The Silver #4 Announcement

So, the announcement dropped that Silver #4 starts in less than 8 hours. There are two major issues that, I am sure, players will want to be addressed BEFORE the event begins.

1) The event is starting on a Saturday again. Does this mean we will only have 8 days to play the event like with Bronze #4? Please consider ending the event after a full nine days even though that would mean the event ends on a Monday. Yes, Silver #4 has three fewer hours on the Event Timer. That ninth day though is especially important to people that want to not spend gems through the nose to upgrade things. I believe running the event a full nine days would be appreciated.

2) You have switched back from two Celestial Transforms to two Custom Celestial Items which also appear to only be Level 70. Further, gear crafting is still to be Ephemeral and will disappear at the event's end unless you transform the Ephemeral into a Celestial during the event. You can not convert the Ephemerals into a Celestial when you are only given TWO Custom Celestial Boxes which will only convert to two of the three Celestial Essences required for ONE Celestial Transform. Saving an Ephemeral item for after the event is not compatible with only two Custom Celestial Boxes. Either you need to reward at least THREE Custom Celestial Items or we need Celestial Transforms if you are going to leave the gear crafting as Ephemeral.

Please. Please. Please, address these two very important issues BEFORE the event begins.

Probably should have posted this under technical issues or bugs since this whole thread seems to be a bit neglected

Comment

• Christian Lamine
      Christian Lamine commented
      Editing a comment
      Honestly, after nearly two years of playing Eternium, I just can't think of a more neglected portion of this forum than the bugs section... almost seems to me as if Dream Primer has a special "Ad Blocker" to block out this section in it's entirety.

• mahara
      mahara commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah you are probably right. This one comes close 2nd though

But...where did you see the announcement? It’s not in ‘announcements’...
    If only I had a penny for each of Travis posts...

Comment

• Tin Man
      Tin Man commented
      Editing a comment
      The countdown timer started in-game. The timer is now down to 6:41.

There was also no announcement about the medals dropping.

• Shanina
      Shanina commented
      Editing a comment
      I just saw it, sorry. Well at least I kept your post up :-)

• Tin Man
      Tin Man commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL

No reason to apologize. Sometimes I wait hours after players are talking about things to see the announcement in-game.

Honestly, there is only one solution that I can think of that they can take in the limited amount of time left before they have an ANB event that will tick off many players. Though, the solution itself may not be popular.

Delay the start of Silver #4 until you are able to fix the glaring problems that players are already complaining about. I doubt you can fix the concerns before the currently scheduled start time and fixing the issues during the event would be problematic. In the best interest of the game? Do not start a really screwed up ANB event.

Starting a messed up ANB event is the last thing either Dream Primer or the players need.

Bronze #4 went over well right up until the End Event issue. This event? This event will start out of the gates being hated.

Do not do this to us or yourselves. Give events we want and enjoy and not events that breed disgust for the game and threats, my bad as those are actually commitments, of never giving another dime to the developers.
    Last edited by Tin Man; 04-18-2020, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Shanina
      Shanina commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe I wasn’t clear lol. I totally agree with you both. I don’t understand the developer’s purpose, I don’t think the rewards are enough to bother playing competitively and I won’t spend or buy gems for these rewards. Pity though because I was looking forward to it. Why change something that was good I wonder.

Tin Man: I will never disagree with you haha

• mahara
      mahara commented
      Editing a comment
      I just don't understand their reasoning behind all this. No announcements whatsoever. Communication on the scale from 1-10 is around -7.
      By now they should know already it's better to give bad news than no news at all.

Sigh. I will just wait till the beginning and see if they'll come up with something but i am afraid that's just a wishful thinking. Atleast i'll try where i can get with minimum gems spent

• Tin Man
      Tin Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Shanina You were clear. I was just elaborating.

+1
    VIQA TESO VUBA 6781
    Eternium Walkthrough
    LFAQ

Comment

Bronze was pretty awesome I thought, I haven't ended the event yet, or spent on the gems I used, so no love lost if I lose stuff. Got my first medals in the event heroes inbox so waiting for some kind of response before I try and use them lol.
      VIQA TESO VUBA 6781
      Eternium Walkthrough
      LFAQ

Comment

If the event really does have such poor rewards no way will I be spending the time or resources on it that I spent on bronze. Really hard to understand their logic on this.

Comment

for the 80th trial you need to give a blue box, and for the 100th trial you need to give a transform. It will be logical and honest

Comment

Let me add a personal rant. They should have informed us they had changed the announced rules again or either have stayed ON to check if everything was going as intended. They should start Events BEFORE they go off on holidays (a Friday midday I suppose) to be ready to postpone the event if they see any sh1t and don't want to fix it on their holidays. Maybe 2 years of A New Bug is enough to come to this thought?
            Last edited by Shilien; 04-18-2020, 04:19 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

so interested in peoples thoughts because i'm not sure which way to go.
              I originally planned to use ANB silver to buff up my arcanist & his gear from the two ephemerals we'd get to keep under the Bronze rules. i would then use gold to create a warrior with the cheaper unlocks.
              but since the rewards are so vastly different in Silver i'm considering doing the warrior in Silver, but if they end up changing the rewards back to being the same as bronze, i'll be bummed i didn't go arcanist again.

what are peoples thoughts on the chances they actually either 1. made a mistake and meant this to be the same as bronze or 2. listen to players and make the rewards the same as bronze??

Comment

• mahara
                mahara commented
                Editing a comment
                It's everyone's guess right now. As long as they keep their mouths shut your guess is as good as anybody elses

• Keaven
                Keaven commented
                Editing a comment
                No great harm in waiting to see if there are any changes.

I expect participation in this ANB will not be as worthwhile, but good for developing your warrior which won't matter how long you wait before starting.

Not going to affect your arcanist run much if you don't start it straight away unless you need the actual playtime because of availability.

• Shilien
                Shilien commented
                Editing a comment
                Keep in mind you will lost all good items you might craft if they don't fix the current issue. Think twice how to play (if play) to minimize your potential losses.

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post
              So, the announcement dropped that Silver #4 starts in less than 8 hours. There are two major issues that, I am sure, players will want to be addressed BEFORE the event begins.

1) The event is starting on a Saturday again. Does this mean we will only have 8 days to play the event like with Bronze #4? Please consider ending the event after a full nine days even though that would mean the event ends on a Monday. Yes, Silver #4 has three fewer hours on the Event Timer. That ninth day though is especially important to people that want to not spend gems through the nose to upgrade things. I believe running the event a full nine days would be appreciated.

2) You have switched back from two Celestial Transforms to two Custom Celestial Items which also appear to only be Level 70. Further, gear crafting is still to be Ephemeral and will disappear at the event's end unless you transform the Ephemeral into a Celestial during the event. You can not convert the Ephemerals into a Celestial when you are only given TWO Custom Celestial Boxes which will only convert to two of the three Celestial Essences required for ONE Celestial Transform. Saving an Ephemeral item for after the event is not compatible with only two Custom Celestial Boxes. Either you need to reward at least THREE Custom Celestial Items or we need Celestial Transforms if you are going to leave the gear crafting as Ephemeral.

Please. Please. Please, address these two very important issues BEFORE the event begins.
              Should work ther! HA

Comment

Rewards for trial 80 and 100 now shows celestial transform in game.....?

Comment

1. C-boxes being back was a mistake that has been corrected.
                  2. This sub-forum is not ignored. Stuff posted here is read by the devs, even if they don't have the time to respond.

Comment

• mahara
                    mahara commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Fair enough, but "we are working on it" takes literally few seconds to type

Thank you Travis and devs

• Keaven
                    Keaven commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Fixed it for you:

2. This sub-forum is not ignored. Stuff posted here is read by the devs, even if they don't respond.

Originally posted by Travis | Support Mgr. View Post
                  1. C-boxes being back was a mistake that has been corrected.
                  2. This sub-forum is not ignored. Stuff posted here is read by the devs, even if they don't have the time to respond.
                  That the situation was corrected so quickly was a pleasant surprise and appreciated.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                  X