Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benedicto
    commented on 's reply
    Travis, the ad removal wasn't even announced in the update contents when the game needs to be updated. In my case, "various bug fixes" only appeared, even the trinkets can now be applied by CTs were not there. We were surprised, in the middle of the event.

• frodaddy
    replied
    In response to the original post I figured I'd throw my 2 cents...........that being said, 2 year player here. Just reached CL2000. I totally hear ya, Benedicto. I love the game but i cant spend more then what I have been spending every month. If I have to spend more to balance the ad boxes not being there, then it'll never work for me. I'd prob have to quit. Hope all y'all at the making fun team figure a way to keep it going. Good playing to all of y'all.....

Leave a comment:

• lmcelhiney
    commented on 's reply
    Though I was a big user of Ad Boxes for gems, it was so dysfunctional on the iPad that I rarely got over 100 gems/day. What I will miss is the advertisements for other games which I sometimes tried. Oh, well, fires, pandemics, riots and now we are ad-free... Guess we'll all survive.

• Arawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Travis | Support Mgr. View Post
    We are working on adding new "daily activities with gem rewards". Unfortunately, I don't have any details on what those activities may be, but the plan is to award more Gems through gameplay to make up for ads being removed.
    Probably would have been better for devs to have an alternative before removing ads so that we could continue receiving gems-- especially with ANB events currently active. Not trying to be obnoxious or anything, just my opinion

Leave a comment:

• Travis | Support Mgr.
    replied
    Originally posted by Travesty View Post
    "...we will evaluate other ways to earn gems through gameplay," never happens.

Hope that's not the case here...
    We are working on adding new "daily activities with gem rewards". Unfortunately, I don't have any details on what those activities may be, but the plan is to award more Gems through gameplay to make up for ads being removed.

Leave a comment:

• Igetlifted
    replied
    Has there been some update about this that I missed? Last I saw, there was a problem with the file extensions. How the boxes linked to ads, or some such tom foolery. I was under the impression it was a temporary issue.

Leave a comment:

• Benedicto
    replied
    I did a speed run on story mode with my gold farmer BH, made my Act 1 & 2 5 stars on the normal, epic and legendary difficulties. Gained 210 gems using 40 minutes of coffee (+movement speed) and wasting 1 1/2 hours that I previously spent in farming exp on trials..

Leave a comment:

• Arawn
    replied
    I think the whole gem model is outdated and needs an overhaul. I'm not sure we need gems. We don't need two in-game currencies (already have gold)

Leave a comment:

• Benedicto
    replied
    I know a different game (an I am currently playing it) that they also removed ads (daily quest) because they really turned it into pay to win, improved many features but the gap was even widened between whales and free to play, yet even large spenders of that game quit playing because of disappointment. I still hope this will not greatly affect most players now.
    Last edited by Benedicto; 09-11-2020, 04:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RockDoc
    replied
    I was forced to accept update. Everyone will have to if they want to continue playing.

Leave a comment:

• Travesty
    replied
    Just wondering what everyone thinks about the removal of ads.

My 2 cents: Although I've never been a fan of ads, I've seen this happen in other games (along with the removal of monthly game currency value buys) and the part about, "...we will evaluate other ways to earn gems through gameplay," never happens.

Hope that's not the case here because in other games where I've seen this go down it's always been a shift towards focusing on spenders (especially whales) and encouraging f2p players to scram.

Minor aside to devs: Need to remove, "Reward Videos: On" from settings.

Leave a comment:

• Benedicto
    commented on 's reply
    I really regret that I updated mine too early. Yes, it is better not to update yet until another one comes out that you must get the latest version. I was unaware of this because at the first place they did not posted it in the "What's New" in the Google Play Store that the latest version has removed the ads.

• Seba
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Benedicto.
    So again, update with bitter and sweet taste at the same time.
    What to do? I haven't updated yet and think I'll try to keep away from this update until game forces me to go through, or until I craft in this ANB really nice trinket worth keeping. Difficult decisions coming...

• Benedicto
    commented on 's reply
    Other than removing the ad boxes, the update now allows us to celestialize trinkets.

• Seba
    replied
    What? Removing ad-boxes from the game??
    Was it announced anywhere?

I have been still receiving them today, no changes noticed here.
    At the moment they stopped, probably I already reached 50 ads for today.

EDIT:

Never mind.
    Found another thread about this.

Good heavens! It is true...

Any ather news what new update brings to daylight?
    Last edited by Seba; 09-11-2020, 12:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X