Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never Ending Rule Changes?

Hello,

I've been playing Eternium as a mage for well over a year now, but I would have to say I am still very much a noob. I have learned primarily by trial and error, although a have done Google searches on occasion for help. When I find a good tip I later learn that that feature was from and older version. I check the store and new releases are not documented with changes for that release. Today Jan,5, 2021 I have learned that legendary items are no longer dropped at TL80. This has been a very frustrating experience, I have not found a comprehensive book [or post] that has all the current rules of gameplay. I have found some very helpful posts, but really do not know if they are accurate for the current rules.

Can I please suggest a sticky thread that documents all changes for new releases?

A bit unrelated to the above: ever since the last ANB competition I have terrible graphic artifacts when playing in "Story" mode, I do not know if this is common or a hardware/driver problem with my PC. I do not recall seeing the artifacts when playing the ANB character. Trial modes do not have these graphics issues. Another issue is often [50%?] while synchronizing profiles at start up the program abruptly shuts down with no error message, I restart it and and on second [or sometimes] third attempt it will open correctly, again I do not know if this is a common issue or something specific to my system/network. The "Search" feature of this board leaves a lot to be desired.

OK, I got all that off my chest and made my very first post. Sorry if it is mostly complaints, perhaps I can post more positive/helpful posts in the future.

Thank You.

Originally posted by mooredc54 View Post
    Can I please suggest a sticky thread that documents all changes for new releases?
    Unfortunately, we don't always get detailed release notes.

A bit unrelated to the above: ever since the last ANB competition I have terrible graphic artifacts when playing in "Story" mode...
    Known issue that I believe is fixed in the upcoming update.

Another issue is often [50%?] while synchronizing profiles at start up the program abruptly shuts down with no error message, I restart it and and on second [or sometimes] third attempt it will open correctly, again I do not know if this is a common issue or something specific to my system/network.
    You can usually reduce the occurrence of this issue by resetting the app:
    1. Open the start menu.
    2. Go to settings>apps.
    3. Search for "Eternium" and click on the result.
    4. Click "advanced options".
    5. Click "reset".

Comment

I've been playing Eternium as a mage for well over a year now, but I would have to say I am still very much a noob. I have learned primarily by trial and error, although a have done Google searches on occasion for help. When I find a good tip I later learn that that feature was from and older version. I have not found a comprehensive book [or post] that has all the current rules of gameplay. I have found some very helpful posts, but really do not know if they are accurate for the current rules.
      mooredc54 Welcome to Eternium! There are some older "how to" threads for new players, but no one has had time to update them to account for the latest version changes. You can always do a search of older posts for information, but like you mentioned, some information may be out of date. Sadly, a lot of the Mage expert players seem to have gone dark on the forum. Check out the "Shade Glow V method for battling Garm" on this thread:

Or check out bojck ELR Mage's guide at:

Edit: tutorials are up-to-date for version 1.13.2. Please feel free to comment under each part or after the last one. Part -1: The ELR Cheatsheet You are aiming for the following items for the default ELR Frostbeam build: - ELR armor set: 6 pieces - GMC weapons: 2 pieces - staff and tome - Frostfire sash - Vial of Wind

If you have a specific question, you can post it at Mage's Quarters. I have an ELR Fire Mage that I equipped to check out the latest round of gear changes and trinkets, but I mostly play BH or Warrior.

Good luck!

Comment

Thank you all for your responses, but it seems getting a full set of up-to-date rules and game change notices is not going to happen. It actually took me several months of trial and error play to find out at level 70 everyone gets a huge slew of extra points they can distribute between various skill sets.

I am playing as an Arcanist mage because when the I first started playing the game it seemed to be popular among the 'Power' players. I have read on this forum that ELR seems to be the most powerful Mage set these days. Since I have no Celestial items I will not lose as much as others may have, but it will still take a lot of time to get all the full ELR recipes and bring them up to the average level I am currently at which is mostly 75, 76 and 77 items. I could win most trial levels between 80 and 100 fairly easily, but the drops as noted have been nerfed and I am not sure how much more difficult they will be, I did run 85 lvl and it was more difficult but I could still win.

I will probably just ignore ANB matches and just play daily to get the 100 gems/day and 100 gems for story level tasks. After the current season ends I should get a huge stash of both cash and gems since I paid for the matching season bonus. I will check back again to see what mage set is the best at that time.

Note: Doing an application Reset does warn you that you will lose all your current settings, but you will also lose any money and bonus XP timers you have activated. I hope that can be of some minor help to someone.

Thanks again for all for your input and help.

- Dave

Comment

• Romme
          Romme commented
          Editing a comment
          Arcanist is very bad now. Even worse than the original nerf when alacrity procs reduced cooldowns by 1 second instead of 2. Now with ar changes and alacrity being nerfed even more the set is basically unplayable. Its a shame because from what I heard it was a fun build to play.
          Devs need to balance sets around end game. But I don't think they even play the game given some of the changes that have been happening in recent patches. These sets will just go unused for all of eternium.
          The game has so much potential and it wouldn't be hard to balance sets especially if bracers of mastery are buffed in a ways that will make skills shine with the right set.

you need to join eternium discord server
        Guide :

Comment

Working...
        X