Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• papa jim
    replied
    Actually you won't top the board unless you have a great deal of playing skill, while there are whales who regularly spend large amounts of gems to be somewhere among those at the top, there are also the better players who without the large gem stash regularly end up very high and even atop the lb (Arin,Romme,Bo,Splendor,Lodwig,Umbradei,Cereblon,T in Man) just to name a few..
    Last edited by papa jim; 07-17-2021, 02:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Blingblingchaching
    replied
    Teebs:
    I'm talking about changes to ANBs only.
    ​​​​​Sorry (and happy!) for you that you still need to find a way to crack tl130? It's already established and shared in this forum.
    Right now the winning strategy is settled, you'll top the board if you have gems. Everything's repetitions. How can it be ANB and how is it fun?

Now if the playing field is leveled (as the name Anb suggests) and you happen to figure out the new way to get into the leaderboard. What will you feel?

Leveling up crafting mastery is not tedious as you think. It's a minor suggestion, btw, the main one is gem usage limitation.
    Memories are like that. You remember your firsts, but not the n-th time.

The number of players leaving is ... a lot (I just look at the numbers of players partipating in recent anb events - the development team knows better). And the developers needs to find ways to generate interests (and revenue stream).
    The thing is, the effect of this proposal can be checked very simply with a "trial" . How many anbs do we have a year?

Leave a comment:

• Teebs
    replied
    "the fondest memory with the game is the beginning, when you struggled with not having any resources"

I feel that you are somewhat unique in that feeling. Not just for this game, but part of the enjoyment of many RPG's is having developed a character beyond those initial struggles.

"For gold ANBs, it is possible to reset the hero crafting mastery level to 0 as well."

I can not think of a single suggestion which would irritate more people. It would make the braying and hollering over the recent Windows UI sound like a beautiful chorus. You seem to be advocating for LESS people to be playing - for LESS people to be developing their characters and farming.

"new players with limited amount of gems have (almost) no chance of cracking the top 100."

I don't know any activity where experienced participants don't have an advantage over new / uninitiated participants.

Disclosure: I still have yet to reach TL130 in an ANB, but ... I am working at it, and having to start over from effectively ZERO (which seems what you are basically advocating) does not appeal to me.

... KTB

Leave a comment:

• Blingblingchaching
    started a topic Suggestions for ANBs

Suggestions for ANBs

After reading through posts about others' experiences with ANBs and the way they climb up the leaderboard, I can see that the current setup heavily(!!!) favors RICH players (and who play on PC). all you have to do is: - doing the first to few story episodes, buying legendary crates and boosters, buying gold, buying companions, buying skill upgrades, and then going to trials with the best possible, fully socketed gears. If one can reach lvl70 in 8 minutes - sorry the game is broken!

With this setup, new players with limited amount of gems have (almost) no chance of cracking the top 100. And the consequence that I can see is that there are fewer and fewer players playing the game as the gap to reach the top is getting wider and wider.

So to make future ANB events more interesting (FUN! isn't that our focus?!), balanced, and requires more focus on strategy, time & gold management, (and luck), I would suggest a simple solution:
    - Please limit the amount of gems that players can bring from their Regular play to ANBs ! For example: a maximum of 2000-3000 gems can be brought to ANBs. Players can still buy 1 legendary crate and 200% exp booster right away. But they will have to balance that with other needs, like farming gems for buying companions and/or at least finish the story normal mode for future daily quests. Or buying gems bonus pack during an anb.

For gold ANBs, it is possible to reset the hero crafting mastery level to 0 as well. (I believe this suggestion is not new). Again this levels the playing field in ANBs as we'll need millions of gold and crafting materials
    to max it out.

Thank you for your consideration.

Disclosure: I can comfortably reach trial 130 in ANB nowadays, but the fondest memory with the game is the beginning, when you struggled with not having any resources
    ​​​​​​
Working...
X