A New Season amidst the Alpha testing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New Season amidst the Alpha testing?

Say what? No, really, say something on the issue!

The season is 60 days long. Players running the alpha build will have plenty of time to catch up.

Comment

But do not push with alpha because you will likely have to beat your time or beat a higher trial to post on the leaderboard.

Comment

• Teebs
        Teebs commented
        Editing a comment
        How would that work?

I thought the Alpha builds weren't posting to the leaderboard - or was that just in effect for last season?

[EDIT -- They could just reset the LB after they finalize - which is the most likely outcome anyway, I would guess, regardless]
        Last edited by Teebs; 09-03-2021, 06:26 PM.

• Tin Man
        Tin Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Teebs When there are leaderboard issues and you continue to play, you will typically not be able to post when the leaderboards come back up unless you either beat your best time on your highest trial or beat a higher trial to have an entry post.

So, no pushing by anyone in alpha. Running trials is fine but keep in mind that you will likely have to beat your time or a higher trial to post when they start allowing it.

Let's take a guess at when alpha players will be able to compete in season and other events? The number you use is the number of days left in this 60 day season.

Comment

So Alpha players are disadvantaged even before the season has started. Even this is a new one on me. To be fair, they said they were working on balance changes before Gold #11. Now the true test will emerge, if either Gold 11 or season end comes before the completion of Beta testing then their really is no hope for this game.

On a side note, I think introducing a season, or any event for that fact, whilst alpha and beta testing is underway, is utterly sacrilege! However not out of character for this game. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$£££££££££££££€€€€€€€€€€€€¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥₩ ₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
        Travis | Support Mgr. commented
        Editing a comment
        The alpha is voluntary. A very clear warning was posted that alpha testers would be stuck with the alpha build until "early September".

• papa jim
        papa jim commented
        Editing a comment
        We knew we were locked in when we loaded the alpha so, disadvantage no- though there are problems with the quest that won't complete costing us daily gems and some of us can't purchase a season pass.

Ah Travis, you are correct, but remember early September ends next week. Hope Devs are burning the midnight candle!

Also if there is no recompense for the loss of gems there is going to be a shortage of alpha2 testers!

Comment

Originally posted by jay clarke View Post
        Ah Travis, you are correct, but remember early September ends next week. Hope Devs are burning the midnight candle!
        They planned to get another alpha build out this week, but they want to apply some late feedback that came in, so the new ETA is early to mid next week. "Alpha2" will run for a couple days, then go into beta pretty quickly.
        Originally posted by jay clarke View Post
        Also if there is no recompense for the loss of gems there is going to be a shortage of alpha2 testers!
        Alpha testers opted into alpha until it's done. In other words, people who have opted into the initial alpha will also be opted into this upcoming alpha.

Comment

• Nhat
          Nhat commented
          Editing a comment
          ^^^^^ This is the biggest blocker for players considering joining Alpha or not.

Use main account with resourses and potentially get blocked, messed up, whatever else that comes with the territory... or don't go in at all. Mine, and others based on feedback, now have "broken quests flag" - luckily it' nothing major...

We REALLY need a proper TEST environment for proper feedback, since a new account do not have proper resources to test equipments.

Please take a leaf from the Ironbound team, get a test team, give them unlimitted resources and let them loose on the alpha - since you have proven you can block leaderboard postings, so there's no issues there... please keep blocking mine

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          Alpha testers took a risk to help improve the game. As always it is a calculated risk, which is why the tester pool was so small. I am with Romme, let's not rush into anything. I would rather see the Devs act on our feedback instead of just rushing into alpha2. I just picked up 10k gems and $10m gold from the last season ending, so the gem and gold banks are not that big of a draw right now. The rest of the season rewards can be earned just by running an ANB event.

I also like Nhat suggestion to build a group of dedicated players and give them adequate resources to test everything. I never liked the "random" nature of assigning beta testers, and the "risk factor" of the beta format resulted in lots of beta tests being played on separate accounts will low resources. I would accept being blocked from the leaderboard on my test account in exchange for access to the test team.

• Heikki Gross
          Heikki Gross commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for the reply and your post gives hope, that the feedback really was listened this time. I dont really care how long it takes to fix and balance everything, if it takes the whole season and the outcome is worth it, so be it. Just im worried that we will not be able to test stuff properly if the plan is to rush beta from alpha2, for example I did not test Arc set properly because ripple does not work. Maybe you fixed the ripple and the set can be tested, but then you will not have time to react to that feedback.
      Working...
      X