Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blade Flurry in 1.2.47 and a few minor suggestions

Just to get these off my mind:

- where do Blade Flurry's "powerful attacks" stand now vs. the improved Cleave/Frenzy damage? It used to provide (what appeared to be) a DPS boost over normal attacks (if you were skillful or crazy enough to tap the icon). E.g. if you were 1:1 vs an Elite monster, you'd see its health bar drop more rapidly during the Flurry than e.g. during normal Frenzy attacks. Not so anymore - is that intentional?

- I move to suggest that dual-wielding provides a Parry bonus. Regardless of Parry/Block/Dodge being capped too low etc., to achieve 95% Parry presently you need 2x items (36% max) + a passive (Lightning Ref) + Into the Zone. That puts you over the top, but without Lightning Ref you only reach 91%... too much of an investment.
    Shield users have Block. Let dual wielders get a +20% Parry bonus. That makes for 25% base, 43% with a single Parry item (93% with Itz or 58% with Lightning Ref, to taste), and 61% with dual Parry items ("100%" with ItZ or 76% with Lightning Ref., to taste). If Blade Flurry is made appealing again, those might be interesting builds.

- not sure how your "item randomizer/generator" works, but one possible idea to make Story mode more diversely interesting would be to have each Boss provide a maximal roll on certain stats, if the randomizer spewed out something with those stats. For example:

Magroth -> Power (i.e., when Magroth drops an item that has Power, it will be a +90 Power (for lvl 70 of course)
    TBD -> Attack Speed
    Xenodon Giant -> Vitality
    Gorlak -> Crit Damage
    Elban -> Crit Rating

This, in Story mode. Trials already yield better rewards.

- change the stack limits for Gemstone piles. 27 or 81 are useful numbers. Yes, I know this has been previously suggested, but always worth reminding.
    Last edited by Jose Sarmento; 08-14-2017, 12:51 PM. Reason: Corrected pre-coffee math...

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post
    change the stack limits for Gemstone piles. 27 or 81 are useful numbers. Yes, I know this has been previously suggested, but always worth reminding.
    Always nice to see. I'll vote for it every time.
    VOWO TOSO QEME 4656

Comment

Just to get these off my mind:
      - change the stack limits for Gemstone piles. 27 or 81 are useful numbers. Yes, I know this has been previously suggested, but always worth reminding.
      +1

free up inventory space

Comment

Jose Sarmento Agree with the max stack limits for gemstones... but what's this about the specific numbers 27 and 81?

Comment

Inventory space is the one thing I'd change if I could only change one thing.

Sometimes I feel absolutely claustrophobic while trying to shuffle gear around.
          It does often force me to weed out the lesser items (which is good), but the limited space also leaves little room to explore different builds. And that's not considering the need for crafting space.

In hindsight, I wish I'd created a separate account for each hero type.

I hope they don't wait until PVP to expand inventory.

Long grinds? Sure!
          Infrequent gear finds which are keep-worthy? No problem.
          I just want to be able to save the keep-worthy items I do find.

Love this game!! Please give us more space.
          Cerberus
          SESA YIFI CICE 9356

Comment

Originally posted by Terminus View Post
            Jose Sarmento Agree with the max stack limits for gemstones... but what's this about the specific numbers 27 and 81?
            Those are increments of 3, for fusions.
            Cerberus
            SESA YIFI CICE 9356

Comment

Pinging this thread to Travis | Support Mgr. for feedback about my Blade Flurry question above (I suggested an improvement to BF in another thread, but in this one I inquire about its "powerfulness" vs. improved Cleave / Frenzy in 1.2.47).

Comment

Pinging this thread to Travis | Support Mgr. for feedback about my Blade Flurry question above (I suggested an improvement to BF in another thread, but in this one I inquire about its "powerfulness" vs. improved Cleave / Frenzy in 1.2.47).
                Tag Adrian (Developer) on that one -- he's the one who makes those kinds of adjustments.

Comment

The bigger issue is the stop attack bug for blade fury (and deadly throw).

And I think the parry idea is a bad one. The idea of dual-wield vs. shield is one of offense vs defense. If you gt a parry bonus for dual-wield you minimize the difference. Considering the lack of variation that already exists, I'd prefer they keep what there is.

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
                    The bigger issue is the stop attack bug for blade fury (and deadly throw).

And I think the parry idea is a bad one. The idea of dual-wield vs. shield is one of offense vs defense. If you gt a parry bonus for dual-wield you minimize the difference. Considering the lack of variation that already exists, I'd prefer they keep what there is.
                    So, to revive this: I do not care what the "bigger issue" is. I asked very specifically about Blade Flurry's damage %%bonus (since it's just described as "a series of powerful attacks") vs. Cleave/Bash/Frenzy in their newest improved form. If I could get an answer on that please, Adrian (Developer) ...

Comment

You can actually test the blade fury out via the training ground. Damage vs 1 target and load up parry and itz will help you get many of them off. Feel free to share your findings here.
                      GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

I totally disagree on giving duel weild a parry bonus. its already better due to 1.4x attack speed bonus. If anything shield build should be giving a parry bonus to make it more defence focused. We need some kind of shield bonus. Half the problem i think is defenders set. That set needs to be reworked to me great for a shield warrior.
                        Led

The needer of Nerfs,
                        The greatest sheepshagger of all

Killed 1970 frogs...and plans to kill 1 more
                        HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Originally posted by Led View Post
                          I totally disagree on giving duel weild a parry bonus. its already better due to 1.4x attack speed bonus. If anything shield build should be giving a parry bonus to make it more defence focused. We need some kind of shield bonus. Half the problem i think is defenders set. That set needs to be reworked to me great for a shield warrior.
                          Elaborate on that?

They already added armor as an add-on to deadly throw, and with sword/board, it's pretty powerful. Warriors can stand toe-to-toe for a LONG time. The weaknesses are time to kill and the deadly arrows, not defense.
                          VOWO TOSO QEME 4656

Comment

Originally posted by Led View Post
                            I definitely agree on the Defender's set's higher-tier bonuses being changed to shield-focused. But I don't feel adding an improved parry chance to dual-wielders would suddenly make Parry trump Armor+Block as a defensive skill, or dual-wield trump shield for high trials.

As you well know and often remind us, only one approach saves (postpones) us from getting one-shot.

Comment

I'm with LED conceptually on this. We already have a lack of build variety as it is. Adding parry bonus will exacerbate the issue further.
                              We should attempt to balance the game for 90+% gameplay. High trial where you must go shield to avoid being one shotted isn't a valid argument to have dual wield win in everything else. Again attempting record trial number is a tiny % of the actual gameplay we do everyday.

Perhaps someone can also also shed some light on this. Does the game process dodge chance 1st, if that fails attempt parry chance and finally shield % if the attack still goes through? I'm trying to figure out if I want ANY dodge, parry on my shield warrior at all if I'm trying to trigger the most blocks.

What LED is saying is that dual wield already wins in damage output due to 1.4 speed bonus, also life regen as well due to that speed bonus. Dual wield also wins on skill output due to shorter cool down. Adding any additional bonus to dual wield is simply relegating the shield build (only alternative at the moment until DEVs actually pick up on my two handed build) further behind.

Where I differ is that I don't want parry bonus for shield warrior. Stylistically speaking, we want to focus on blocking just as dual wield has a singular focus on attack speed. Just make game elements positively reinforce each other for the guiding principle behind each build. I'm more interested to see blocking become more beneficial. For example a successful block gives a 3sec cool down reduction. This helps shield warrior to actually use skills more frequently. Shield warrior will always lose out on damage, we gotta let it win on something. I vote for more skill frequency.

Then shield build warrior becomes more specialized, creating real diversity vs currently situation of simply put on a shield for a dual wielder to claim to be a shield warrior. Let's face it, we shield warrior still use 2set jug because that 280 power is too good to pass up.
                              GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

Working...
                              X