X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave View Post

Trials are nothing more than a gear check
    Gear check? take a look at the gear of Skwis

Click image for larger version  Name:	skiwis.PNG Views:	1 Size:	215.1 KB ID:	71649
    For Gold And Glory

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post

Ofc. Because you are low CL cuz you had to start again .
      I guess, if u would had CL 1800+, u will say another words.
      For two years of playing I have only 650 CL, since I played for fun, not for the farming of CL. And there was no time to farm because of busy employment at work. I liked to play, understand the features of the game, and help newcomers. However, even I support the guys with the level of 1800 CL, despite the fact that now it is easier for me to reach their level.
      I will not leave Eternium and will continue to play it. All the same, most of the updates improved the game, but did not worsen it. Now I just expressed support for those people for whom this game is more than just a game.
      Admin of the largest russian-speaking Eternium community (6000+ m.)
      Live dinosaur of M&M/Eternium. Only Android play almost 4 years.
      Community activity stopped !!!

Comment

Originally posted by 123Klutz View Post

Gear check? take a look at the gear of Skwis

Gear looks smashing? He's got top notch weapons, gears got a 3 bits of exp which is not optimal. I only play Warrior, are BH not crit based? From the warrior table he's got a metric tonne of CL (nothing wrong with that) to smooth out a couple of blips in his gear.
        Account deleted

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post

Gear looks smashing? He's got top notch weapons, gears got a 3 bits of exp which is not optimal. I only play Warrior, are BH not crit based? From the warrior table he's got a metric tonne of CL (nothing wrong with that) to smooth out a couple of blips in his gear.
          with only 3 socketed ones (expect the jeweleries), several waste stats, and more low rolls, and weapons at only 1370 avg dam, they are not even good, far away from decent.....I am telling the truth, skill always win
          For Gold And Glory

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
            Whats ironic?
            Travis please move this to feedback and suggestions.
            Infamous Maybe you're right that I would feel that way if I had 1800 cl, we will never know. I only have a little over 1000 cl.
            ​​​​​​What's ironic is that you barely played the game since you started yet you say you support the direction this game is heading now. I am not saying that you are a cool-aide drinker, but if you truly care about the game and it's community, you will give solid feedback even if others would call it a "rant". It's a player's duty to make the game better than when you found it. To keep your opinions to yourself is not making the game grow. You need to join the collective voice of the masses.
            HATO ZAKA LOCO 4594

Comment

I'm not nearly as veteran as LED, and I haven't tried the BETA yet, but from reading the forums I must agree with LED and Dyoma. What are the main problems with the game (IMHO):

1) story mode is basically useless, except a few levels for farming
              2) minions are underdeveloped, have terrible AI, and are largely useless
              3) crafting is broken
              4) jewelry making is worse than tedious
              5) no variety, DPS is king
              6) trials are generic and boring

Was any of that fixed in the BETA? No. Instead they made story mode more irrelevant, gave DPS more importance, and changed things just enough to aggravate veterans. What was the point? I keep hearing that MP is coming and that MP will solve all, but geez. The devs could fix half of my list in a week. But they never have. Instead we get a never ending stream of 'balancing'. How about fixing the mechanics and THEN balance it.

I have to give the developers props for at least engaging with the community, but I have to question their decisions.

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen a discussion thread where I partially-sympathize so much with so many points of view...

Let's start with Led . I agree with his sentiment that the XP boosters in 1.62 are, or can be seen as, a little bit of a "pay to win" approach. ALTHOUGH I also understand the developers perspective to add some sort of "gems sink" that appeals to those who have already exhausted the various one-time-payments, have no need to Reforge gear, and are still accumulating 100/day from quests.

So maybe make the XP boosters limited to one per day?

I also sympathize with Dyoma concerning the relative ease of reaching the high CL peaks that previously required such an intensive grinding effort. BUT, we should not overlook the fact that the XP curve adjustment (and even the boosters) are only *one part* of what makes that possible. The *other* part - the *bigger* part - is the fact that *we can now earn decent XP in high-level Trials*, which was something most of us - even Led - clamored for! Previously, Story Mode Legendary was the "best" XP ratio. Now, Trial 85 will provide about SIXTEEN TIMES more XP per monster killed.

So maybe those who had already achieved a legitimate >1000 CL before the Beta could have been uniquely rewarded? Back in my early Magic days, the most prestigious tournament was the DCI Invitational, for which the prize was basically "create a card". Perhaps Led, Dyoma, Mohin, Marc, and those few others (apologies if I missed your name) who were already >1KCL could have been given the opportunity to create a specific Named weapon (with max stats of their choice and a special effect of their design, tempered by Red for balance etc.), which only they would have? A perpetual advantage, an immortalization of their achievements - but not such an advantage that 99% of the player base could not hope to match.

I also agree with ezcry4t3d and Dave about the lingerance (?) of some classic bugs (too few enemies, etc.) and design flaws (crafting and rings crafting, etc.) being pretty much inexcusable. From an early age, we are taught to put away a toy before picking up a new one. Clean up before leaving. Wipe the table after finishing lunch (and taking the dishes). Software development should be no different.

At the same time, I disagree with them (and agree with 1337_Derp ) that the boss mechanics are that "simplistic". Yes, movement is the uniform solution, but that's because movement is the ONLY skill all players, all classes, have. But still, there's moving and there's "optimally moving" (just as much as you need to), and the difference can save a few seconds in the Trial. There's spamming skills, and knowing the boss specials rotation to use them at the best time (e.g. Deadly Throw can sustain some LoH against Elban while you need to run from Drain Life). Whilst before it was just "permasilence" and alternate Cleave and Frenzy (or keep casting Singularity / Time Warp / Blink).

Overall, I sympathize with the frustration of having something you "worked hard" for become much easier to attain. Perhaps the Leaderboards could have been split in two categories: normal LB for CL 999 or lower and "Masters LB" for 1K and higher (where Trial Season rewards would of course be better in the Masters LB). With the CL/experience curve less adjusted (if at all), and the store XP boosters only available for <=CL1000 players.

Perhaps there's still time to consider some of this, for quitting iconic players and game developers alike.
                Last edited by Jose Sarmento; 11-17-2017, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 123Klutz View Post

with only 3 socketed ones (expect the jeweleries), several waste stats, and more low rolls, and weapons at only 1370 avg dam, they are not even good, far away from decent.....I am telling the truth, skill always win
                  I've not said he/she isn't skilful they obviously are, but regardless of how you're choosing to characterise it his/her gear is good and its supplemented by 1700+ CL. Which again there is nothing wrong with. Its the direction things are going that is my concern.
                  Account deleted

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
                    The devs could fix half of my list in a week. .
                    I just want to say that game design is not as simple as you make it out to be and that is probably not true....

+1 on the crafting jewelry is beyond tedious point. It's slightly ridiculous.
                    Last edited by giecomo; 10-31-2017, 06:21 AM.
                    22nd September 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Led View Post
                      Led
                      Sheepshagger out.
                      I agree totally. The direction this has taken sucks and I had mentally already said goodbye to you days ago.

​​​​​

ROYE SEYA GORA 5745 - XP warrior: Nuvo - CL 1200 Oct. 2017

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
                        The devs could fix half of my list in a week.
                        Spoken by a person who has never written a line of code themselves. I have been writing code, designing systems and managing projects for over 50 years (yes I am that old). Writing the basic program is a challenge but modifying it can be a much bigger challenge. Every change you make has the potential to affect another part of the code. The more changes you make, the more complicated he implementation and testing of changes becomes.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                          The more changes you make, the more complicated the implementation and testing of changes becomes.
                          Truer words have never been spoken. I've personally seen a comment in code that read

// Do not remove this comment, I don't know why put doing so makes the program crash

And sure enough, take it out and boom.

Comment

Not really disappointed nor really happy by the upcoming changes, Just a little down that our beacon of inspiration Led decided to quit. I mean hey, everything changes, be it for better or worse. IT ALWAYS DOES. Can't really expect the game to stay the way it is after months or even YEARS that it stayed the way it is. I get where he's coming from. I have never seen such dedication. But it seems to me that he's implying that every new comer should go through the grind and play as hard as he did to be where he is now. That is just plain selfish. I don't think any newcomer will reach his level as fast even if they do what I've been reading here "PAY-TO-WIN". I myself admit don't know how much time he or anyone on the leaderboards has allotted to playing, not to mention how long in months or in years they've been playing just to get where they are now. I myself know that no matter how hard or how frequent I play, I'll never reach those 1800 CL so I just play at my own pace, probably why I don't mind the changes being implemented even though I daresay I don't like some of them.

Regarding that "PAY-TO-WIN" how is it? Experience boost? What else is "PAY-TO-WIN" ? ( sorry about this, not really in on the BETA I'd like to try out the on the production environment to avoid encountering errors as much as possible) Everybody's choice to avail for it or not, isn't it? Everybody who doesn't have the same amount of leisure time to play but still want to dedicate play time and NOT SUCK AT IT is given a chance to compensate by paying money for a little boost. What the hell's wrong with that? It's not a guaranteed WIN... they still need to play! Can't get over the fact that some people who availed for it can and will eventually kick yo ass in the upcoming PVP? Then don't play PVP... Problem SOLVED. Devs need money to run the game, pay the bills and fucking LIVE and NOT DIE of hunger. What's wrong with asking for a little money in exchange for services rendered? In case You hadn't noticed, ETERNIUM is WAAAAYYYYYY generous compared to other games of similar kind out there on google play. Hell, some of the games I've played asks for equivalent of GEMS just to proceed with the story when you die. [CONTINUE? 10 GEMS -- NO? 500 Gold --- like WTF??]. in here, we GET a sure-ball 100 GEMS daily for absolutely FUCKING FREE, and that's not including ETERNIUM GEMS FREAKING DROP FROM MONSTERS ever so often while we play. So I really don't get the hate for this. Really.

Well I've said it. I'll be taking cover now (PEACE ALL!!)

Comment

Jose, as always, wise words...
                              BTW... How many players remember this? But this is also time spent. Hey, devs! Insert your word.

King of Android play
                              NODA ZUSI NUHA 1647

Comment

There's some valid input here, so the devs are following this thread. They have a plan to address players' concerns.

Comment

Working...
                                X