Leds Last Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jmac75 View Post

I take back my old post. Eventually, People who don't pay are probly never going to be on the top of the leader boards because somone can just buy exp boosters and out level you.
    I think that's a gross exaggeration.

First, Trials success is a combination of 3 things: your CL, your gear, and your skill**. The XP packs accelerate the first one only, which in turn can accelerate the second - but not the third.

Second, it's not like you have to "pay" to get the XP packs. You can also enjoy them with the 100+/day gems they provide *for free*. For those (most of us, really) who don't play insane amounts of time, that's a much welcome boost at zero or negligible actual cost. With the standard subscription pack + daily quests you can sustain one 200% XP booster per day. And sustaining 2x 100% boosters becomes rather trivial. That's only 33% down from the 200% booster in terms of XP gained per playing time (yes, that's right).

Third, to actually "out level you", someone needs to put in the same play time than you or more. But that was also the case before, no? If I can only play 1hr/day and some other guy can spend 5hrs/day, he will level up 5x faster than me. Sustaining a 200% XP booster for 5hr/day of playing time would cost 2000gems per day, and still require about 10 days by my reckoning to reach CL1800 (which you'll *also* reach without the booster, just more slowly). That's 20K gems.

Of course, some "big fish" might come along and spend 200$ on the larger gem packs to be able to do that. But then again, in the old system, I'm pretty sure (like 200% sure) I could find someone in this crazy online world who would level my character for 10hours of CoW per day, for 30 days, for 200$...

** -> Mohin would wisely add a fourth factor: the platform you play on.
    Last edited by Jose Sarmento; 11-02-2017, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Totally agree to this post. Have been with this game for nearly two years...and never expected it to go this way. I thought this is meant to be old school RPG (which I'm starting to be unsure about), this game is on a clear way to become MOBA. Which is not bad...but it was meant to reminiscent old RPGs, that has been real fun. This direction is going more and more out of this style. Old school RPGs are dark AND THEY FOCUS ON STORY, huh...story? Wait a moment... there's no story in this game. Sad, but true if we look on it the way it is. I came to this game when it had it's dark style, story elements into it.

And about the boosters...I have to smile about this one. There's no other way they would balance players? I have to disagree with balancing players either. Why would someone who played three to four weeks should be in top 10, when compared to poor Led and many others that invested HOURS into that where they are now. I'm really disappointed about this especially. They're not trying to anyhow reward veteran players, they punish them.

At the end of the day...I was totally hyped for act IV, because the game had story in it. Now, you're trying to remove that little of tale the game had. But this truly cannot be called RPG element.

​​​​​​All the balance you try to make between classes is pretty much big and awesome at the same time.
      Last edited by SoulGaming2; 11-02-2017, 04:46 PM.
      I will hunt you Ragadam, across the worlds!
      Join the wiki here: http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Page_Index

Comment

Originally posted by SoulGaming2 View Post
        Why would someone who played three to four weeks should be in top 10, when compared to poor Led and many others that invested HOURS into that where they are now.
        a) who's that? any specific examples? All I see on top10 right now are what we'd call veteran/experienced players.

b) I respect Led for his playing skills, for his ingenuity in trying new combos, and for his self-discipline in pursuit of his goals. But (no offense to him) I don't respect him for the 500,000 times he started CoW. Sure, it's an investment, but this is still a GAME. If you're not approaching it in a way that you can, at any one time, count your blessings and feel it was 100% time well spent, that's on you.

And I speak as someone who has been passionate about games, poured countless hours onto them, seen them on the brink of greatness, and seen them DIE (and a little part of me with them, as far as these things go).

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post

a) who's that? any specific examples? All I see on top10 right now are what we'd call veteran/experienced players.

There will be nice bunch of them soon(ish) as the version goes live. Wait few weeks.

in addition, I strongly disagree with devs (I'm highly amazed by their work, this game is still a gem between gems) in the way they changed experience gain.
          Whatever they do, loosing old community is step to hell.
          Last edited by SoulGaming2; 11-02-2017, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulGaming2 View Post
            There will be nice bunch of them soon(ish) as the version goes live. Wait few weeks.
            Then perhaps defer your judgment until your conjecture becomes reality?

Comment

Then perhaps defer your judgment until your conjecture becomes reality?
              They're becoming reality already. I'm not trying to offend anyone, but I'm sure anyone can see the way it's going.

I'll be happy to say that I was wrong...but I'm sad that this isn't propably gonna to happen.

Comment

If boosters are here to stay. Let's put diminishing return on it as well. 1st booster of the day is gold cost. 2nd booster becomes gem cost, 3rd booster and so on have a 50% premium in cost escalating upward. Costs reset each day or week.

lets make gold useful in something.

Alternatively how about unlimited booster usage until cl 1k, then one per day until cl 1500. After that no booster. If boosters are meant to catch ppl up in the beginning.

As as far as currency booster, to be honest I would like to see a daily cap on how many one can use. When ppl can pay to make their playtime worth 4x as much as the person that don't, I call that accumulating game advantages uncounterable by nonpayers. Definition of p2w.
                GAQO KITO REZO 1934

Comment

b) I respect Led for his playing skills, for his ingenuity in trying new combos, and for his self-discipline in pursuit of his goals. But (no offense to him) I don't respect him for the 500,000 times he started CoW. Sure, it's an investment, but this is still a GAME. If you're not approaching it in a way that you can, at any one time, count your blessings and feel it was 100% time well spent, that's on you.

And I speak as someone who has been passionate about games, poured countless hours onto them, seen them on the brink of greatness, and seen them DIE (and a little part of me with them, as far as these things go).
                  Yeah, some of the "veterans" or "old timers" also want compensation because "they've been playing for so long" they want some kind of reward, Damn, some employees don't event get recognition for working, yet these guys want compensation for PLAYING? SERIOUSLY ... WHAT THE HELL FOR .. I mean who FORCED them to?

Comment

I think that's a gross exaggeration.

First, Trials success is a combination of 3 things: your CL, your gear, and your skill**. The XP packs accelerate the first one only, which in turn can accelerate the second - but not the third.

Second, it's not like you have to "pay" to get the XP packs. You can also enjoy them with the 100+/day gems they provide *for free*. For those (most of us, really) who don't play insane amounts of time, that's a much welcome boost at zero or negligible actual cost. With the standard subscription pack + daily quests you can sustain one 200% XP booster per day. And sustaining 2x 100% boosters becomes rather trivial. That's only 33% down from the 200% booster in terms of XP gained per playing time (yes, that's right).

Third, to actually "out level you", someone needs to put in the same play time than you or more. But that was also the case before, no? If I can only play 1hr/day and some other guy can spend 5hrs/day, he will level up 5x faster than me. Sustaining a 200% XP booster for 5hr/day of playing time would cost 2000gems per day, and still require about 10 days by my reckoning to reach CL1800 (which you'll *also* reach without the booster, just more slowly). That's 20K gems.

Of course, some "big fish" might come along and spend 200$ on the larger gem packs to be able to do that. But then again, in the old system, I'm pretty sure (like 200% sure) I could find someone in this crazy online world who would level my character for 10hours of CoW per day, for 30 days, for 200$...

** -> Mohin would wisely add a fourth factor: the platform you play on.
                    Face it dude. If you and somone els have the same gear and same cl, even if i have more skill.. he can out trial me eventually because he could potentially buy boosters and gain more cl's faster than me, where skill wouldn't matter. Eventually somone who dumps a lot of money into their character can be at the top, even if they lack skill. It's inevitable. I'm not quiting, but after initially disagreeing with the vets, I have come to understand in the sense I just stated, that I have to agree that the boosters are a bad idea. Somone can just keep buying gems and buy boosters, there is no CL cap, If you have forgotten that. So money spent will determine in the end, the people with the highest cl's.

Comment

Face it dude. If you and somone els have the same gear and same cl, even if i have more skill.. he can out trial me eventually because he could potentially buy boosters and gain more cl's faster than me, where skill wouldn't matter. Eventually somone who dumps a lot of money into their character can be at the top, even if they lack skill. It's inevitable. I'm not quiting, but after initially disagreeing with the vets, I have come to understand in the sense I just stated, that I have to agree that the boosters are a bad idea. Somone can just keep buying gems and buy boosters, there is no CL cap, If you have forgotten that. So money spent will determine in the end, the people with the highest cl's.
                      As a Veteran I can't agree with you that somebody with high CL without skills will be better than sombody with low CL with skills. Look at leaderboards on top BH,, look at the CLs, look at the second person on the leaderbord, stop for w while and think how its possible. I will also tell you that my skills are far away for this moment from them, I have no idea how to get there with assault.

Another thing is that there is a soft CAP for CL because progression is exponential so the difference between somebody who send 2 year and 1 year will be lower than from sobody between 1 year and half year (of course if they were playing the same amount of time and spend it for gridning XP). I hope they never make hard cap, I don't see any reason for that and now even if the distance between top will be low in CLs levels of CP are showing how much time somebody spend for the game.

Look at the graphs thanks to heyjude1971
                      Attached Files

Comment

I have been trying to sneak my mage into the mage top 10 for quite a while (currently 11) with worse gear and jewelry than the others. I now is doable (yesterday the dragon killed me due to a mistapping, with 1.30 mins left and less than a quarter of her HP remaining). So skill does matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Radament View Post

Yeah, some of the "veterans" or "old timers" also want compensation because "they've been playing for so long" they want some kind of reward, Damn, some employees don't event get recognition for working, yet these guys want compensation for PLAYING? SERIOUSLY ... WHAT THE HELL FOR .. I mean who FORCED them to?
                          Wish I was compensated for playing Runescape before it kept getting easier. You need to be playing in excess of 10+ years and 12-16hrs a day to even be on the leaderboards. Led is nowhere a grinder as to me.
                          https://www.youtube.com/shootbigbucks
                          MIJA FOXI POWU 7631

Comment

Originally posted by ShootBigBucks View Post

Wish I was compensated for playing Runescape before it kept getting easier. You need to be playing in excess of 10+ years and 12-16hrs a day to even be on the leaderboards. Led is nowhere a grinder as to me.
                            The way these guys tell us they're going to quit just because of the changes that did not favor them. Makes me think they just LOVE staying at the top.. Ahead of everyone else looking down.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohin View Post

As a Veteran I can't agree with you that somebody with high CL without skills will be better than sombody with low CL with skills. Look at leaderboards on top BH,, look at the CLs, look at the second person on the leaderbord, stop for w while and think how its possible. I will also tell you that my skills are far away for this moment from them, I have no idea how to get there with assault.

Another thing is that there is a soft CAP for CL because progression is exponential so the difference between somebody who send 2 year and 1 year will be lower than from sobody between 1 year and half year (of course if they were playing the same amount of time and spend it for gridning XP). I hope they never make hard cap, I don't see any reason for that and now even if the distance between top will be low in CLs levels of CP are showing how much time somebody spend for the game.

Look at the graphs thanks to heyjude1971
                              Gold post. So spending will only get you so far, sure a p2w player is going to get to ~1900 CL player but at the cost of missing out developing skills & accumulating gear. I guess the only thing I'm peeved about is the lack of build diversity and the only build they seem to push is DPS. I guess bringing pvp will introduce some build diversity, and co-op play if done right would be brill, but I guess we won't be see them any time soon. One style of gameplay does really wear you down.

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post

And if you want to encourage diversity of builds, why is the end all be all of the game trials? And why is it timed? That necessitates a single goal and (at a macro level) build, i.e. DPS. What is the purpose of making trials timed? Why not make them hardcore? Why not make them like gauntlet and spawn increasingly difficult opponents until you die? Why not provide options?

This is actually an extremely good point...at the endgame the only build to go for is DPS. No diversity at all.
                                22nd September 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X